IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

Hello, I'm a student from Ireland =] Some of my family have gone slightly fundie-wards of late, and in general, I find them oddly fascinating. I used to stalk FJ a good while ago, when it was on the old site, but then lost my internet...until now =]

Hello fellow Irish girl! Interesting that you've got some fundie family. I haven't come across much fundy ism here. Check out Sarah heartsdesire blog. She's a proper nut job fundie living in the midlands.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello fellow Irish girl! Interesting that you've got some fundie family. I haven't come across much fundy ism here. Check out Sarah heartsdesire blog. She's a proper nut job fundie living in the midlands.

Hello! :D Yes I know, it is a bit odd. Though they aren't very fundie in comparison to most of the people discussed on FJ...but they were not particularly religious, then they got converted by their friend into a big evangelical church thingy. They don't wear the dresses and I doubt they've ever heard of Quiverfull, but they are all into purity etc.

I will look up this Sarah...a midlands fundie, it seems so incongruous :D

What a woman. She'll make you a cuppa, boil you an egg, and give you a free kick up the arse with it :D

Now we only need one more thing......

Father+Jack.jpg

Sorted!!

Father Dick Byrne, Father Noel Furlong... Ah god Ill have to look for some to watch now! I need a good belly laugh.

Kicking Bishop Brennan Up The Arse =]

Last winter my fiance and I got the boxset, and it was all we watched for a good few weeks..

Yeah, also to find out the correct protocol to follow when a child gets lost in the Tunnel of Goats... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Irishy, I noticed a while ago that there's been a Tedfest held on Inis mor the last couple of years, including a Father Jack Cocktail evening... I will go before I die :lol: :lol:

Hahaha brilliant!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel that we need to form a team...where's Mrs Doyle?

father-ted-careful-now-001.jpg

I love that picture so much.

Saw a signpost to craggy island down in Clare during the summer. Think it must be the house. Shoulda made a pilgrimage..

Been a lurker for awhile and finally decided to join in. I'm Tanya from Nova Scotia, Canada. Been married for 12 years and have three beautiful girls. :D

It always gets me riled up to hear people go on about the Duggars and what a Godly family they are and how their kids are all so happy...I try to explain about Quiverful and the Pearls but it seems those who are so taken with them don't want to take the time to do their own research. :angry-banghead: Drives me crazy so it's good to have a forum with people who understand my pain.

Since I haven't formally introduced myself:

-I am 32 years old, living in Colorado

-Married with a 2 year old

-College educated with a BS in Mechanical Engineering, minor in Biology.

Greetings all,

I've been lurking for a while and figured it's high time I introduced myself. I'm 34, a mother of one sweet and hilarious first grade boy and two humongous tuxedo cats (Walter & The Dude), and am a life-long resident of Maryland . I work in Customer Service. I discovered FJ when I was searching for info on the creepalicious Quiverfull movement and of course, our friends, the Duggars. I am a liberal Christian (Episcopalian) and strong supporter of marriage equality, the Dream Act, and legalization of the green sticky stuff.

My interest in the fundie types began when I was a hostess in a restaurant and we had regular Sunday night customers who were a youth group from a local Pentecostal church. It was a large bunch and I was fascinated by the young ladies' huge, complicated hair styles and long dresses. They also tended to be loud and rude to staff and had a tendency to leave fake $100 bills ("Disappointed? You wouldn't be if you had Jesus in your life...") as tips. Our servers used to draw straws to see who would be stuck with the three large tables it took to accommodate them. Needless to say I was fascinated and could not look away. They seemed a little different from the Duggar/Gothardite type fundies. I actually befriended their pastor's daughters in a class I was taking at the local community college and she told me that dancing (as long as it was aerobics type stuff or in church) and dating were ok. They also attended public schools.

So far, I'm loving the diversity of topics I've discovered here as well as the bond between members and, of course, the snark (and the cake, yum). Thanks for having me!

Hello, I'm 51. I live in Kentucky. I have 2 children. My daughter is 31 and my son is 23. I'm very proud of them. I'm a retired nurse. I lost my mother a year and 4 months ago. I'm still working through my loss.

I lurk a lot and occassionally post. I've been a member though since we were on yuku. My goal is to participate more. I know it will be good for me and I hope I have something of value to contribute.

Thank you for being here! :)

Hi everybody. I've lurked around here for a while.

I'm 26 and I live in Colorado. I didn't really grow up with religion, but I have plenty of semi-crazy religious relatives. I do love reading about how fake the Duggars are.

Hi!

Nothing too interesting here... Been lurking for a while. 34 year old Social Work student with fundie light in-laws who won't admit it. Living in Maryland, but in the countryside amongst some real crazies, some of whom are parents in my Girl Scout troop. I keep wanting to remind them that Girl Scouts of America is an evil liberal organization, but they din't get the hint. I just work silently on their children :D

Hi there, I'm 20 years old and live in California. I usually just lurk around, but I'm hoping I'll have more free time to post. I grew up around my mom's side of the family (very relaxed Catholics), but as a child, I had to deal with some crazy fundie-lite relatives on my dad's side of the family. It was horrible and ever since I was young, they would tell me that I'm going to hell because of the religion that I was brought up in. I'm not very religious but believe in God, and my political views lean towards the left. I found FJ after realizing the truth about the Duggar family, and I've been interested in learning more about the QF movement ever since.

Archived