IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

It's not. It's not even someone trying very hard to pretend to be her. "She" claims to be at college studying to be a marine biologist, wants to be a pilot, has an obsession with Robert Downey Jr and listens to Eminem. :lol: Some of the "photos" she's posted are actually screen caps from the show.

Is that supposed to be a member of One Direction she's cuddling with?

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have been lurking for a while but was compelled to finally join. Almost 30, single, physician with 2 dog children who has gotten many hours of entertainment from the fundie snarking that goes on here. Discovering this site seriously cut down on my sleep during residency, but there was nothing better at the end of a crappy day than getting online reading snark and seeing all of your awesome cakes! I have no headship, love beer, attended an ebil liberal arts college, wear defrauding clothes, and am not ashamed in the least.

Guest Anonymous

Discovered FreeJinger in the wake of the Lydia Schatz murder, by POSes who subscribe to the written stylings of Michael Pearl. I'm married, with no children but one catchild. I wear pants, jeans and when the weather requires them, short. I like an occasional glass of wine with meals, watch the ebil PBS, listen to the equally ebil NPR and enjoy composing computer art for relaxation. I also still hate the Pearls with a fervor bordering on abnormal pathology.

Greetings! Though I have been coming to this site for a few months now, this is my first post. I retired last year and have the time to spend at the computer. I live in a desert area of Southern California where it can get into the 120s in the summer. Thank God for A/C. A few years ago, I saw my first "19 kids and Counting" and was shocked to hear from Jim Bob that they felt it was important to spend time with their children. What a revelation! He thinks parents should spend time with their kids. Who knew? Since then, I was hooked on the absurdity of it all. At this point, I'm just saddened that those kids are not getting a good education. End of rant. Glad to be here.

Hello all. I am a 45 year old mother and professional, who finally married the love of her life this year! I have been a long time lurker here, as I work very hard to help women and girls who have ben subjected to any type of "cultish" upbringing. You all, at times, make me laugh, make me cry, but mostly make me hopeful for all the mothers and children out there who are living half a life.

I don't think I ever introduced myself. I'm VooDooChild. I live in Pa with VooDooHubs and VooDooTeen #2 (homeschooled). I almost got sucked into fundiedom a few years ago after we moved to NM and started attending a Baptist church. Thankfully, the preacher sucked so bad I quickly saw the light. I don't go to church anymore. I still believe in God , but religion has nothing to do with that anymore. I also have the idea in my head that Jesus was a cool hippy-type Pacifist dude. Um....I just enrolled in college to finish my degree. Annnnnnd.....I'm kinda obsessed with horses, dogs, and the paranormal.

Hello!

Hi! I was born in NM! :D Funny that! Cheers and welcome aboard! (I hope that you didn't attend the same Baptist church that scared the ever-loving shit out of me when I was a kid, yikes! The preacher there sucked too.)

Greetings! I am a 39 year old mother from the beautiful Mid-Atlantic region. I’m currently a neurotic basket-case working on becoming a well-adjusted independent woman. :?

Greetings and salutations!

I've lurked here for a long time, and finally registered to join in the snarking. I stumbled across this board while looking for Duggar snark, and have found you all to be a beacon of sanity in these scary times. Thanks for that!

I'm female, live in Ohio, have three cats, twelve fish, too many plants, and a headship who is a fabulous cook and footrubber. Interest-wise, I'm a neophyte runner, former competitive fencer and equestrian, spinner and general fiberholic, ex-lawyer, gardener, collector of all things Arts and Crafts, and traveler.

Well-met, everyone. :)

Greetings and salutations!

I've lurked here for a long time, and finally registered to join in the snarking. I stumbled across this board while looking for Duggar snark, and have found you all to be a beacon of sanity in these scary times. Thanks for that!

I'm female, live in Ohio, have three cats, twelve fish, too many plants, and a headship who is a fabulous cook and footrubber. Interest-wise, I'm a neophyte runner, former competitive fencer and equestrian, spinner and general fiberholic, ex-lawyer, gardener, collector of all things Arts and Crafts, and traveler.

Well-met, everyone. :)

:greetings-wavingyellow: from a Columbus suburb!

I live in Alaska, I'm 31 years old, I have been married for a year to my awesome husband and we don't have any kids (but I'd like two eventually). I've never been a "believer" and I think of myself of an atheist, as does my husband.

[i posted this originally to the "Dear Newbies" thread. Hangs head in shame]

Another long time lurker saying hello. Grew up in the Smoky Mountains (Bates country--my husband is from Knoxville, actually) but have family roots in Oklahoma & NW Akansas. Now work in Washington DC for Congress as a research librarian. First discovered the Duggars ELEVEN years ago when Jim Bob ran for the United States Senate. My family has gradually evolved (heh heh) in the last two generations from Southern Baptist (actually have 3 ordained Baptist preachers in my family) to much much much more moderate beliefs. I have watched friends back home--especially females-- be intellectually stunted by all this fundy biblethumping. And, coming from a mixed race family, I'm especially bothered by the insidious "only white Americans are real Americans" vibe that seems to pervade all of Southern fundydom. [i want all y'all non-American FJers out there to know that the American South is more than the Duggars and Bates!]. Here's a fun fact-- The Duggars, in Tontitown, Arkansas, are a mere 60 miles east of the capitol [Tahlequah, OK] of my Native American tribe, the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma. And we are the biggest tribe in the United States. As far as I can tell, the Duggars tv show has never mentioned us Cherokee--much less visited the museums and historic sites of our capitol.

PS Hello to all the Australian FJers-- I love visiting your continent!

Hi everyone ---

I've been lurking for a few weeks, but decided I finally want to start posting and joining in on the discussions.

I'm a recent college grad living in NYC. I'm a filmmaker and also do a lot of work in new media and fan communities. Much of my film work is in documentaries so I love watching reality television from the production perspective and have even recently toyed with the idea of applying to be on the crew for one of TLC's ridiculous shows.

I grew up in Texas, but in a fairly nonreligious household, which means that fundie life has always fascinated me because I've always been aware of it, but never apart of it.

Hi everyone, I finally decided to post an intro. I've been lurking for several months. I love this site, I need a place to go to discuss Jinger's eye liner and Anna's brother in law, etc. I was always researching the backgrounds of TV fundies, I always want to know their family, find their facebooks, etc. I remember the first Duggar special, and the stuff you guys talk about is exactly the type of thing I am always noticing. I don't particularly dislike the Duggars. The bloggers I have seen from coming here are much worse, IMO.

I'm Shannon and I live in southern CA - I am 31, have 3 kids, and am divorced. I am a Bail Agent and I work part time from home for my family business so I am mainly a SAHM to my kids and I also attend college. A real college. A funny story about that. My mom has become super christian and fundamentalist, and the problem is she is the judgmental, hysterical type. I cant ever tell her I am depressed or overwhelmed or sick because she just says "Well have you been reading your bible?!" As if its my fault. She recently called me and told me she had heard about, from a christian TV channel, online college. "Because your place is with your children and colleges are full of people who hate and destroy christians. Their goal is to brainwash you against christianity. You shouldn't be going to college like that" - I was like, have you MET ME? I have been around the block a few times. I'm hardly innocent in need of protecting. She thinks I should just keep praying for my ex husband to come back to me. You know, because I really want him after he left me for my best friend. That's apparently the best I deserve.

I AM a christian. I just don't need to force it on others. I'm very liberal because I just think everyone should be able to decide for themselves how they want to live without interference. Very Pro Womens Rights. I did homeschool my oldest for a year because the local public school was horrible. I have a ton of homeschooling mom friends, but they are almost all atheist, hippie types. Their parenting is the opposite of the homeschoolers you read about on these blogs. Very liberal. Most of us did the homebirth, cloth diapering, breastfeeding thing as well, so I don't criticize those parts but I do have a problem with martyr moms. And the mom who said they "wouldn't be sending their girls to college" - that post has been bothering me for weeks :( It really annoys me that that woman assumes no woman should be working. That thats Gods plan. So all of the nurses and doctors and teachers and social workers, etc couldnt possibly be doing what they are called to do? WTH does she think would happen to the world if no women worked? Boggles the mind.

Its really nice to be here, thanks for having me!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I don't remember how I initially found FJ, but the snark is precisely my style, and I've enjoyed reading for a while now.

I'm a 20-something, (nearly 30-something) former Mormon, with a low tolerance for religious zealots. I live in sin with my boyfriend of 3 years, whom I met on a fan forum for a now defunct 90s band. I enjoy swearing, baking, sleeping in, fall afternoons and exploring shipwrecks vicariously through the TV. I believe in truth. I also believe the earth is billions of years old, and that dinosaurs were not put here by the devil.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I don't remember how I initially found FJ, but the snark is precisely my style, and I've enjoyed reading for a while now.

I'm a 20-something, (nearly 30-something) former Mormon, with a low tolerance for religious zealots. I live in sin with my boyfriend of 3 years, whom I met on a fan forum for a now defunct 90s band. I enjoy swearing, baking, sleeping in, fall afternoons and exploring shipwrecks vicariously through the TV. I believe in truth. I also believe the earth is billions of years old, and that dinosaurs were not put here by the devil.

I don't know. I am pretty sure Barney is the Spawn of Satan

:greetings-wavingyellow: from a Columbus suburb!

I somehow missed this mention of Ohio when I posted my introduction. I just moved here, to the middle of nowhere, between Columbus and Chillicothe.

I don't know. I am pretty sure Barney is the Spawn of Satan

Could be possible, but I always thought Barney was a pedophile with a costume fetish and a really bad soundtrack.

I somehow missed this mention of Ohio when I posted my introduction. I just moved here, to the middle of nowhere, between Columbus and Chillicothe.

The Ohio branch of FJ is growing!

Long time lurker, first time posting (anywhere). Don't remember how I found this place, but it's really comforting to find people who think like me at all.

thirty-something, child-free, pagan agoraphobe with OCD and fibromyalgia, and just realizing that my social anxiety extends to forums, too. :shock: Seeing all the Ohio posters is amazing, and want to add the Dayton area to the list.

pleased to meet y'all.

I am a 35 year old woman from Delaware. I have lived here all of my life. I am a divorcee with three cats and I came to this web site after googling "the duggars make me want to puke". I have never been a fan of theirs. My mother raised me to believe that I was not inferior to any man, so needless to say. The Duggars, Bates, Maxwells, et al give me the creeps.

I'm a long time lurker and this is my first post! I am a Southerner (mid-South) and raised a Christian Fundamentalist. I grew up attending the Primitive Baptist Church and I am one of 8 children born to my parents. I am now a middle aged and married mother of adult children and several young grandchildren and also a retired educator. I am a Methodist as I joined and was Baptised into the church and faith of my husband many, many years ago. I just have to say that I really enjoy reading the posts and just find the views and beliefs that are expressed here to be nothing short of fascinating! While I don't agree with many of the opinions expressed here, I love reading all of them. Even though I was raised a Fundy, I never knew anyone like the Duggar or Bates families - even having 8-10 children in a family was looked upon as rather an oddity around here! I love Free Jinger!

So I wasn't exactly born a fundy, but I was certainly raised one. My parents were full-fledged competitive fundies -- you know the type, I'm sure -- the fundier than thous? If the fundy pastor said long hair is holy, my mom simply stopped cutting our hair altogether. This led to my sister and I having to play outside in the Omaha winters in freaking skirts, bare legged because it couldn't look like we had pants on -- that would be the appearance of evil.

I can't claim that I was ever a fundy. I rebelled against the nonsense right from the start even though I was dragged to church every Sunday morning, every Sunday evening, every Wednesday evening and every Thursday night soulwinning. Oh, and let's not forget how I ended up going to Christian school! Yep, couldn't have me being defiled by going to public school! I was fed up by the time I was in high school, so I graduated early thinking I'd escape. But no -- I'd forgotten that girls weren't allowed to have opinions or choices, which meant that I couldn't just go to college like full-fledged human beings (you know, boys). Nope, I had to go to the school of my parents' choosing, which ended up being a fundy college. That didn't last long, however, because I hadn't actually gotten the memo that women weren't allowed choices or opinions. I was asked to leave because I had opinions, and those opinions caused a bit of a disruption at that college.

My parents, ever the optimists, sent me to yet another fundy college, but this time, well, a little bit of healthy lust got in the way. I was expelled (my boyfriend, on the other hand, not only was allowed to stay but was also promoted to a position on staff, lol). My parents by now had had just about enough of me, but they doggedly sent me on to one more school, where I was expelled midway through the year, again for immoral activity (give me a break! I was a healthy 19 year old girl!). So anyway, I was sent home in great shame (cough), and my parents told me I was married in the eyes of God (apparently polygamously). I was told that I'd have to live at home forever. Let's just say ...no.

I moved out, and I never looked back. I shook the filth of fundyism off my feet forever, and here I am. This was almost 20 years ago, and I'm still in shock that people are still putting their kids through this. I don't get it at all.

Hi, I am a non-religious 51 year old woman living in Pittsburgh, however I am a cheesehead (Madison, WI) in real life! I am married and have 2 sons and 2 stepsons that range from ages 24-13. I was dx with breast cancer a year ago and I've decided I'm cured. I love reading the snark here, and find learning about fundies sad and interesting for some reason. This year the Duggars seem to be unaware that they are being made fun of or else I am just watching it that way! It has reached a new level of nothing to film.

Hi all! I just discovered Free Jinger recently. I was raised fundie (super Baptist) until I was 13 when my parents left their church and we moved away. I am a lesbian and teacher now and sort of obsessed with hate-watching the Duggars, who I discovered after I was in midwifery college (it was online) with Jill for one semester. I had to drop off for lots of reasons, but anyway. Not really religious now, just glad I got out and grateful that I'm starting to discover just how seriously fucked up my early upbringing was. Blanket trained, no pants, etc etc.

Archived