IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

Hello. I'm yewnique. I am 41 years old and I live in Melbourne, Australia with my husband and our four children (16 down to almost-6). We homeschool our children.

I first heard of this group through Razing Ruth's blog. I read the posts here on and off, but a couple of weeks ago I started reading more regularly and finally decided to join. (Someone here linked to one of my blogs and I was 'reminded' of this place.)

I know several people IRL who are part of ATI and who like Vision Forum materials. I'm not very close to them, but when one is in the homeschooling community, one is bound to meet such people. I've been invited to attend the ATI's Basic Seminar, but I said, 'No, thank you.'

Anyway, that's probably enough about me to get started.

Hello! Glad to see you come out of the woodwork!

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't need to prove anything to us, but when you have that user name, post rather odd things, and have an email that does not match, you should expect to ping people's troll radar.

How do you see email addresses and how do you match it up?

Guest Anonymous

How do you see email addresses and how do you match it up?

I'm still a little hazy on this, so I can't be sure, but if you allow users to email you (as a setting on your profile) your email address can be seen on the profile by clicking the 'email' button (can you tell I'm useless with computers?). If you don't allow users to email you, then the 'email' button, and your email address, are hidden from view.

There isn't really a formal way of 'matching up' a person to their email address. But if, for example, you tell people that you're a German photographer living in New Zealand, but a Google search of the email address leads to a webpage about a French student living in Israel, then those two things do not 'match up'.

Hi! I am from New England, still live here. I am 26 in a few days, female,married, three cats and have a Master's in Opera.

I was raised Catholic, but we dropped out of church. Never confirmed. Not religious- I guess I am agnostic.

Dated a Mormon a long time ago- after we broke up his family sent him to Utah to be retrained. I guess that's what made me interested in (digested by?) strict religions.

Glad to be here- thanks for letting me join.

Hi everyone,

I have been a regular reader from the 'yuku' days, and I finally decided to register here at Free Jinger. As for some demographic information about me, I am 34 yrs old single female who lives in the Midwest. For my undergraduate education, I went to a women's college in the South(---in fact the same one that Kendull attended!). After graduation, I decided to travel abroad for a bit, and I also went back to school to receive two Masters Degrees.

I have watched the effects of patriachy evade into society, and I despise everything that it stands for within Christianity.

Hi, everyone!

I'm a long-time lurker who first heard of you guys through TWoP, and I finally decided to register an account. Anyway, I'm a 28-year-old MD/PhD student, and I live in sin here in Austin with my boyfriend and two cats. I was raised Catholic and even went to Catholic school from kindergarten through twelfth grade, but I now identify as an atheist. I'm also a Democrat who is bored by football and who likes her vacant uterus enough to put a ring on it, so I'm arguably the worst Texan ever.

That said, I'm pleased to meet all of you! I've been lurking for years, and I think you guys are an entertaining bunch.

For my undergraduate education, I went to a women's college in the South(---in fact the same one that Kendull attended!). After graduation, I decided to travel abroad for a bit, and I also went back to school to receive two Masters Degrees.

I'm shaking with terror, because I also graduated from a women's college in the South (one of the best experiences of my life!), and I really hope Kendull isn't an alum! We already have a couple of crazies amongst the alums!

So...I'm a former PS teacher who now works with homeschooled families. Most of them are nothing like the SOTDRT graduates. They are smart, well-educated, amazing kids with parents who really dedicated themselves to teaching their kids. I live with my husband and awesome dog in a small town on the edge of a very large metropolis. It's a nice life.

I've been reading here on and off for years (the Duggars, man...), but the LHOTP thread finally made me register.

Another lurker here! I'm 44, twice divorced & have 2 kids. My 19yo daughter is a freshman at an ebil secular university & my 16yo son is a junior in teh ebil public skool. We have 2 dogs & 1 cat.

I live in the south, in fact I drive past BJU on my way to & from work every day. I was raised Southern Baptist, stopped going as a teen, was married to a batshit crazy abusive Independent Baptist and then to a passive/agressive deep in the closest gay fundie lite. After a post-divorce return to the Southern Baptists, I had enough hate, ignorance & intolerance & said goodbye to organized religion of any kind.

My screen name: I've heard that people at the fundie-lite mega-wannabe church I used to attend say that I uused to be such a sweet Christian lady, but now I'm just a feminist shrew. :lol:

Belated welcome!

Not trying to be a creeper, but I (kind of) know where you live. It's where my mom and my in-laws live (and where I met my husband). Good to know not everyone down there is drunk on the Kool Aid! :dance:

Hello. I'm 41, married and a SAHM to three, ages 6, 5 and 3. I live in the South and am a Catholic convert. I'll probably be more of a lurker than anything else, but may jump in from time to time.

Hey everyone!!

I'm a Jewish New York native who lives in New England now. Pretty trees but omg where are the bagels??? I'm fascinated by all this stuff because we're not a religious family, and yet we've got good strong values. I'm just intrigued by the idea that belief in something makes someone a "better person", which is the vibe I get from the Fundie community.

Hello all. From Central Tennessee. Married with children (love and marriage haha) and a full-time student. I hope to eventually be a lawyer, if I don't pull my hair out first.

Hi! Coming out of "lurk-dom" here...

I'm a 20-something woman living in a Scandinavian capital. I have a degree in education and through American friends I was introduced to the concept of "home-schooling", which led me to the Duggar's wholesome little shop of horrors, which eventually led me here :D

I've been lurking for a while and feel it might be time to join the conversation.

I chose the name "Iokaste" since the QF/fundie-families remind me of the crazily tangled family-trees of ancient Greek mythology and their patriarchal values could be straight out of a classic Greek tragedy....

Hey all, long time reader.

This Twitter account is claiming to be Jessa Duggar. I assumed it was fake, but social media sites usually shut down fakes, and this account has stuck around for months with nearly 500 followers. A Duggar fan page tried to shut this account down, but it's still running. Anyone know more about this?

https://twitter.com/Jessa_Duggar

I've been reading for a while, and recently joined.

I'm a mid-thirties, normal stay at home mom to 3 kids. Clearly putting that college degree to good use. Our kids are ages 2, 3, and 4, and not because we can't keep our hands off of each other-- that's just sometimes how it works out when you adopt.

My husband was raised in a strict IFB church that has left scars. I was raised by wealthy smokers who let us do whatever we wanted.

Something ate my boring introduction, so I'll try again.

I'm not sure why fundies fascinate me so--perhaps a horrid neighbor from my childhood. She was a piece of work.

I teach high school Earth Science (and have a degree in geochemistry) so views on science and education always interest me. One day, I have to get to the Creation museum, though perhaps not as a visit to Natural Bridge in Virginia almost did me in, and I don't have high blood pressure.

I have a sweet (when she isnt being a tyrant) little parrot who adores blueberries.

So, Hi!

Guest Anonymous
Hey all, long time reader.

This Twitter account is claiming to be Jessa Duggar. I assumed it was fake, but social media sites usually shut down fakes, and this account has stuck around for months with nearly 500 followers. A Duggar fan page tried to shut this account down, but it's still running. Anyone know more about this?

https://twitter.com/Jessa_Duggar

Who is the boy with his head on top of hers!?

That's a really cozy picture... I'm slightly inclined to believe it based on the picture and the fact its protected... she protected her instagram too.

Who is the boy with his head on top of hers!?

That's a really cozy picture... I'm slightly inclined to believe it based on the picture and the fact its protected... she protected her instagram too.

It's not. It's not even someone trying very hard to pretend to be her. "She" claims to be at college studying to be a marine biologist, wants to be a pilot, has an obsession with Robert Downey Jr and listens to Eminem. :lol: Some of the "photos" she's posted are actually screen caps from the show.

Hi all! After lurking about, loving the snark for a month or so, I have taken the plunge and registered to join this site, and hang out with the cool kids!

I'm another Aussie - I'm sure I have seen a couple of others floating about in here...and am from Sydney.

Love, love this site as the snark is wonderful. Some of these fundies are just plain scary :o

Be gentle with me :)

Hi all! After lurking about, loving the snark for a month or so, I have taken the plunge and registered to join this site, and hang out with the cool kids!

I'm another Aussie - I'm sure I have seen a couple of others floating about in here...and am from Sydney.

Love, love this site as the snark is wonderful. Some of these fundies are just plain scary :o

Be gentle with me :)

Hi DaffyDill,

I'm in Brisbane. Welcome! I love the snark too. And the fact that almost nothing is out of bounds.

I don't think I ever introduced myself. I'm VooDooChild. I live in Pa with VooDooHubs and VooDooTeen #2 (homeschooled). I almost got sucked into fundiedom a few years ago after we moved to NM and started attending a Baptist church. Thankfully, the preacher sucked so bad I quickly saw the light. I don't go to church anymore. I still believe in God , but religion has nothing to do with that anymore. I also have the idea in my head that Jesus was a cool hippy-type Pacifist dude. Um....I just enrolled in college to finish my degree. Annnnnnd.....I'm kinda obsessed with horses, dogs, and the paranormal.

Hello!

Archived