IGNORED

San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival

Soldier of the One

Are you talking about Alton Brown?

Yeah, he's a Southern Baptist and pretty much a douchebag.

I found a blog post not too long ago when I googled "Alton Brown gay" because he's always pinged my gaydar and I swear that I read a blog post some years ago where he talked about his partner. Anyway, here's a link: http://cleanplatter.wordpress.com/2011/ ... usionment/

Apparently, I'm far from the only one whose gayday got pinged by Alton. There were several posters who said that Alton propositioned them.

No--this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dacascos

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bumping to report that those of us who can't make it to San Antonio can live-stream the entire shindig for $295. And, Dougie has updated his blog to include head shots of the august "faculty," including the long-silent Botkin clan.

Botkin pere is looking old and Lenin-ish, and described as a "Veteran Writer, Director & Producer who has written and directed some of the most controversial and widely watched public affairs films of the last twenty years." Botkin fils the elder is looking down his nose, manly-squinty, and will discuss "the dire need for structure."

Needless to say, faculty are all Y-chromosomed. No wimminfolk allowed.

(Edited to correct duplicate photo posting.)

I know this has come up before, but what "widely watched" films HAS he written and directed? why no titles? Hmmm??

Isaac's photo is the most perfectly snotty representation of the Botkin illusions of grandeur that I've seen yet. Thanks, Marian!

Thanks for the correction.

Wow! John Rhys-Davies's politics stink! I also see he took a page out of Pat Robertson's advice to the hubby when the wife has Alzheimer's.

BTW, thoughtful and Marian, TCM is showing The Music Man on Sunday evening. It's hands down my favorite musical.

I know this has come up before, but what "widely watched" films HAS he written and directed?

It has nothing to do with how many people have seen them. It just means that, at Vision Forum, where men are Very Manly, there are no seats in the theater, and all of the guys watch the films standing like this:

ZbB045E.jpg

So, you see, the films are "widely watched."

:D

BTW, thoughtful and Marian, TCM is showing The Music Man on Sunday evening. It's hands down my favorite musical.

Thanks!! :)

It has nothing to do with how many people have seen them. It just means that, at Vision Forum, where men are Very Manly, there are no seats in the theater, and all of the guys watch the films standing like this:

ZbB045E.jpg

So, you see, the films are "widely watched."

:D

Wow...that's quite a stance! :lol:

Thanks!! :)

Thanks from me, too, PennySycamore (hey, a character from a classic movie reminded me about a classic movie!) -- watching it now.

Wow...that's quite a stance! :lol:

That's one of Dougie's trademarks, EyeQueue. Other VF guys seem to it, as well -- I believe they teach a course in Wide Stance. :lol:

I found the full-length version of the library short.

Thanks, defrauding.

Besides cutting up and marking books, this guy:

- can't park a VW Beetle between the lines.

- talks to himself to persuade himself what he's about to do isn't creepy.

- muses about what her middle name is and how they will have little blonde babies named Julian and Simon.

Oh, and the librarian he is after is wearing a straight, tight skirt. The one who comes to him with the defaced Shakespeare is wearing a loose, modest dress, a sweater and . . . a cross!

Live SAICFF blogging is up, and here are some of the highlights!

Doug Phillips summarized the values of Hollywood:

Business is evil

Fathers are stupid.

Cynicism is a a virtues. (sic)

Buddhists are wise.

Clergy are stupid.

Islam is peaceful.

Youth is better than age.

Disrespectful children are cute.

“People snicker at the Christian Film Academy," said Geoff Botkin..."The media has been defiling us.â€

Geoff Botkin said, “In Disney’s Tangled, the villains are cute and have just not been understood.

“In Brave, men are depicted as fools. Brave is a cowardly movie. This is a militantly feminist director. While the feminine hero says at the end, ‘It’s all my fault’, that is not Biblical repentance.

“Satan said, ‘Invent your own world. Invent your own rules.’ In the first moral test, how did Adam and Eve do in the first moral test? You could show in a fictional story, how people are tempted?

Fiction is one lawful tool that enables us to teach men how to relate rightly to the real world the way God designed it.

My daughter Anna remembers me saying that Jimminy Cricket was a very bad conscience for Pinnochio.

It goes on and on...

“People snicker at the Christian Film Academy," said Geoff Botkin..."The media has been defiling us.â€

Couldn't possibly be because said academy produces terrible "art." No, of course not. If you're laughing, it's because your mind has been defiled by SATAN via THE MEDIA (which is the same thing anyway. We all know all journalists take Satanism 101 before anything else).

That's one of Dougie's trademarks, EyeQueue. Other VF guys seem to it, as well -- I believe they teach a course in Wide Stance.

Thanks, thoughtful! I've seen references to the fabled Wide Stance in many threads, but had not yet personally beheld it in all its glory. :lol:

They -must- teach a class in that; that's some pretty epic shit right there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

More live blogging: Benjamin Botkin on film music. First, answering the question "Is stock music a good option?"

Mediocrity is cheap or free. If you want quality, expect to pay for it. You get what you pay for.

Next, creative music ideas for filmmakers with little or no money:

Bring on a willing, young excited guy who’s eager to learn about the process and will work for free.

In other words, slave labor! oops, I mean interns!!!

(All bolding mine, and edited once to fix same.)

Bumping to report that there is a loooong live blog about "Geoff Botkin and his grown children" (at least he admits they're grown!) deconstructing "The Feministic, Humanistic Theology of Pixar's 'Brave.'"

In essence: Bad, bad movie. The heroine is not grateful. (Sound familiar, Poor Sarah?)

"Nowhere but the Bible do you find women who will kill men with tent pegs who can also cook and sew. Until Hollywood gives us a princess who can do all those things, Hollywood has not given us a true princess!†(Anna Sofia)

"Despite the beautiful imagery and animation, the theme features pure, radical, Satanic feminism." (Geoff)

“Merida could respectfully ask her parents, ‘Who are these suitors? Would it be possible to get to know them? She could talk to the suitors and then go back to her parents, and talk about the real purpose of marriage. She could ask, ‘Father, may I speak with you? Without a rebellious tone. She could be submissive, perpetuating her family’s order.†(Geoff again)

“I think it’s strange that they are living in a 14th century castle, yet living as though they are in 900 A.D. You never know what the stakes are. In this movie it’s just not clear.†(Isaac) (WTF?? :shock: )

Anyway, it goes on and on. Movie nights at Chez Botkin = fun times!!

"Nowhere but the Bible do you find women who will kill men with tent pegs who can also cook and sew. Until Hollywood gives us a princess who can do all those things, Hollywood has not given us a true princess!†(Anna Sofia)

If she actually read her Bible, she would know that it says nothing about Yael cooking or sewing -- unless you count opening a bottle of milk as cooking. And Yael wasn't a princess, anyway.

Archived