IGNORED

San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival

Soldier of the One

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, not :doh: Charlie Daniels.....

Oh, yeah, he's a fundy. Has been for years, although up until recently pretty quiet about it.

Oh, yeah, he's a fundy. Has been for years, although up until recently pretty quiet about it.

The Devil went down to Georgia guy? I had no idea he was fundie. :cry:

- defacing books is a great way to pick up a librarian (hey, at least this sentiment was not predictable!).

There's a documentary about picking up librarians at the SAICFF????? Oh, be still my beating!

Watch out, world - San Antonio, here I come! :lol:

There's a documentary about picking up librarians at the SAICFF????? Oh, be still my beating!

Watch out, world - San Antonio, here I come! :lol:

I was hoping you'd see this.

Actually, it's a fictional short film. Unfortunately, he doesn't do this:

7N9C2JS9mWc

He does this:

http://www.saicff.org/festival/program/ ... ?id=f13782

(click on "watch the trailer")

"throws a national hissy fit" should be a post count status. Now I'm off to go throw a national hissy fit about the fact that the world does not revolve around me. *stomps off in a huff*

Mercy, I...I hardly know where to begin. How to catalog all the ways this is so wrong?? So...so defrauding!!!11!!

First, we all know that good, God-fearing fundies would never allow their children to darken the doors of ebil gummint public libraries, let alone work in one, for heaven's sake. There are banned books in there! Words and pictures and ideas that might foment rebellion and differentiation and independent thought!

And how does this young man dare approach this young woman, using great literature to drop hints of his romantic interest, in the absence of her Patriarchal Headship? How does this fit in with the 200-year plan???

I can hear the Botkin sisters now, speaking to the young lady in this film: it's not that complicated!

"If Don Juan accosts you in the dentist’s office waiting room and tries to charm you out of your phone number, a firm “I don’t give out my personal details to people I don’t know†is usually sufficient."

"If Lancelot might be a possibility someday, but is acting like he wants to be married now...it’s usually possible to remind him of what’s appropriate in your own respectfully reserved conduct. If he doesn’t take the hint, you can ask your father to talk to him about it."

"If Romeo seems smitten with you and showers you with attention and compliments (and is exactly the sort of Montague your parents do not approve of), you can make it very clear in your cool but respectful manner that you are not interested in sharing a balcony scene with him."

"If your friend Han Solo asks if he can take you for a ride in the Millennium Falcon and you are affronted...you don’t have to tell him so rudely; there is a polite way to say, for example, “Have you checked with my dad on that?â€"

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Ugh, I thought that was John Rhys-Davies in the Return to the Hiding Place trailer. Finding out about his politics sorta ruined his role in Lord of the Rings for me.

I found the full-length version of the library short. You'll be happy to know that the woman from the clip presents the man with a bill for $90.31 for defacing the books. You'll be less happy to know, though, that another librarian -- also an attractive woman, of course -- sees everything, decides that being "sloppy seconds" is good enough for her, and defaces a book herself to strike up a conversation with him.

Also, in case you're wondering, the second librarian highlights the line "A kind heart he hath: a woman would run through fire and water for such a kind heart" from Shakespeare's Merry Wives of Windsor. No word yet on whether the first librarian presents her with a bill as well.

I found the full-length version of the library short. You'll be happy to know that the woman from the clip presents the man with a bill for $90.31 for defacing the books. You'll be less happy to know, though, that another librarian -- also an attractive woman, of course -- sees everything, decides that being "sloppy seconds" is good enough for her, and defaces a book herself to strike up a conversation with him.

Also, in case you're wondering, the second librarian highlights the line "A kind heart he hath: a woman would run through fire and water for such a kind heart" from Shakespeare's Merry Wives of Windsor. No word yet on whether the first librarian presents her with a bill as well.

This is even worse!!! This young man has already Given Away Pieces Of His Heart to the first librarian! This is not courtship, it's dating!! Dating is evil!!! Eleventy!!!111!!!!1!

Doug Phillips (is a tool) can't possibly show this film at the SAICFF, it goes against everything he and his cronies preach!

(Great find, defrauding - thanks for the link! ;) )

Man, how bad were the rest of the "christian" films this year that these were the ones up for an award?

Actually, as I understand it, there's been at least one SAICFF that ignored some pretty good flicks -- politics takes its toll even in the Toolish World of Doug Phillips. Or ... especially there! :twisted:

If I guy I didn't know did that to my books, I'd be creeped out. And pissed off. Especially if he looked like a little weasel.

QFT. This is not sweet. It is creepy and stalkery.

Actually, as I understand it, there's been at least one SAICFF that ignored some pretty good flicks -- politics takes its toll even in the Toolish World of Doug Phillips. Or ... especially there! :twisted:

I'm guessing the ones that got kicked were actually pretty good... because, you know, they had a FUCKING PLOT WITH REAL LIFE SITUATIONS like strong women, cursing, sexual tension... violence...

I'm pretty sure the filmmaker has to submit their film themself in order to participate in the festival. They also have even stricter guidelines than you'd expect from most "mainstream" christian films. I went with a couple of FJers to a (free) christian film festival and we saw a movie called One Hit From Home. It was TERRIBLE-mediocre acting, cliched, predictable, and overly dramatic in the worst way. Yet even this movie would never qualify for SAICFF because there is "immodest" clothing, implied extra-marital sex, and fairly heavy drinking.

And even if you win the very top prize they're giving away, it would only mean $100K for you. Which would be awesome for a small, struggling filmmaker, but anyone aiming for a wider audience would never bother. Movies like Courageous and Fireproof grossed over $30 million in the box office alone, and even October Baby raked in over $5 million. I think Dougie is getting exactly what he asked for in these "films".

Bumping to report that those of us who can't make it to San Antonio can live-stream the entire shindig for $295. And, Dougie has updated his blog to include head shots of the august "faculty," including the long-silent Botkin clan.

Botkin pere is looking old and Lenin-ish, and described as a "Veteran Writer, Director & Producer who has written and directed some of the most controversial and widely watched public affairs films of the last twenty years." Botkin fils the elder is looking down his nose, manly-squinty, and will discuss "the dire need for structure."

Needless to say, faculty are all Y-chromosomed. No wimminfolk allowed.

2013_CFA_staff_DWP.jpg

(Edited to correct duplicate photo posting.)

Wow. That is one enormously awful, badly written synopsis.

It's produced by "Methinx Entertainment."

Me thinks this movie will suck. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I didn't know the Iron Chef America Chairman was a fundie.

Edited for spelling.

Bumping to report that those of us who can't make it to San Antonio can live-stream the entire shindig for $295. And, Dougie has updated his blog to include head shots of the august "faculty," including the long-silent Botkin clan.

Botkin pere is looking old and Lenin-ish, and described as a "Veteran Writer, Director & Producer who has written and directed some of the most controversial and widely watched public affairs films of the last twenty years." Botkin fils the elder is looking down his nose, manly-squinty, and will discuss "the dire need for structure."

Needless to say, faculty are all Y-chromosomed. No wimminfolk allowed.

(Edited to correct duplicate photo posting.)

Seems the poor Leclerc Brothers are second tier boys as they have to share a photo and don't get individual names and that Isaac and Benjamin rank higher as they get their own photos and names.

Wow. That is one enormously awful, badly written synopsis.

Are you talking about Alton Brown?

Yeah, he's a Southern Baptist and pretty much a douchebag.

I found a blog post not too long ago when I googled "Alton Brown gay" because he's always pinged my gaydar and I swear that I read a blog post some years ago where he talked about his partner. Anyway, here's a link: http://cleanplatter.wordpress.com/2011/ ... usionment/

Apparently, I'm far from the only one whose gayday got pinged by Alton. There were several posters who said that Alton propositioned them.

Archived