IGNORED

The Whining of Lori Alexander...

People who don't want to work shouldn't have to work. They should get free food, health care, and iPhones from those who do work. They also should be able to vote for higher taxes on those who work. Why should those who work hard have so much more than those who don't?

And what do you do, Lori? What hard work are you doing? How are you paying for food and where did you get your phone and where does your health care come from? You earned all that by working so hard everyday, did you now? Oh, you sit at home while your husband works. He pays for your food, your health care and your items. You think because your interpretation of a 2000 year old book says you are supposed to stay at home that you don't have to work. I don't know anyone who believes that people who don't want to work don't have to work.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/01/calling-evil-good-and-good-evil.html

It reminds me too much of the wealthy women I know who tell me that I should volunteer more and donate more and make it sound like I'm sitting around all day while they do all these important things. Meanwhile I'm working and going to school and they have wealthy husbands and paid household help etc... And they have lost, if they ever had it in the first place, of what it takes to go to work all day, come home to cook and clean, and go to school on top of all of that. It must be so very nice to have a rich husband...

:auto-ambulance: Hold tight, Lori, the whambulance is on its way!

It's ridiculous that Lori is content to expect her husband to pay for all that because she has freely chosen to not have a job*, and yet she wouldn't do the same for people who are actually trying support themselves and can't. Yes, she believes in the mythical masses of people who live like her except on welfare, but she doesn't have to be this disconnected from reality if she doesn't want to be.

*Which isn't to say that what she does at home is less valuable than what her husband does at work, but the fact is that it's hypocritical to be financially supported and begrudge others that.

She is one of biggest fundie douche bloggers ever. Her hubby seems to make more than a lot of the other fundie bloggers' husbands. I bet Lori would crap on another fundie housewife who ended up taking food stamps or welfare due to a hubby's job loss. What annoyed me in her posting was she kept mentioning God. She ignores the fact that all people believe in a Christian God.

I am always confused as to how "women's work*" when the woman in question is married is noble and god-fearing, but that same work done by a single mom is shameful and greedy and lazy.

*as defined by fundies, of course. Cooking, cleaning, raising children

:auto-ambulance: Hold tight, Lori, the whambulance is on its way!

It's ridiculous that Lori is content to expect her husband to pay for all that because she has freely chosen to not have a job*, and yet she wouldn't do the same for people who are actually trying support themselves and can't. Yes, she believes in the mythical masses of people who live like her except on welfare, but she doesn't have to be this disconnected from reality if she doesn't want to be.

*Which isn't to say that what she does at home is less valuable than what her husband does at work, but the fact is that it's hypocritical to be financially supported and begrudge others that.

Thanks for saying that, Minerva. I was starting to get grouchy. Being a SAH is damned hard work...no vacations or holidays and my kiddies don't understand yet that sometimes mom gets sick--so no sick days either. Add in a husband who works no less than 14 and sometimes as many as 17 hrs a day and that's a recipe for a tired woman. If I only had a houseful of kids to raise my other kids and Jebus had my six I would have it made ;) :P

Many women have read 50 Shades Of Gray and it has dramatically improved their sex lives.

This is a sad statement, but not for the reason Lori thinks.

It's "her body" and she should be able to do with it what she wants.

In a word, yes. I know this idea pains you, but women need to own their bodies.

Being able to live her life the way she wants to is much more important than giving another human being life.

To a lot of women, yes. This would be a main reason that many of us use this invention known as birth control, which your kind doesn't like either. Not to mention that women have abortions for all kinds of reasons, but they all have one thing in common: their abortion is none of Lori's business.

Homosexuality is no longer called a sin. It is even being celebrated and changing the definition of marriage. Children as young as kindergarten need to be taught the history of homosexuality so when they get thoughts of "I wonder if I may be gay," they can continue dwelling on those thoughts, speaking those thoughts, and eventually living out those thoughts.

I'm not aware of anyone teaching my kid gay history (some of which can be fascinating) but yes, I have explained to my six year old daughter that sometimes women like women and men like men, rather than opposite-sex attraction, and that there is not a damn thing wrong with it.

In the beginning of our country, the government was told to stay out of religion. This is why people flocked here in the beginning to be able to practice their religion freely. Now, we have changed it to religion must stay out of all government even though all of our buildings in the capital have Bible verses and the Ten Commandments imprinted upon them.

Only because many of your co-religionists are not happy just practicing their religion freely. Instead, they want to insist that everyone practice their way, or at the least, have it shoved down their throat continually whether they like it or not.

Therefore, we needed to kick God completely out of the schools.

Oh for the love of everything holy. You can take God to school, you just don't get to annoy everyone else with him.

Finally, people shouldn't have to take responsibility for their actions. If you spill hot coffee on your lap, you should sue and get millions of dollars from McDonald's.

This one really irritates me because that's not how it went down. If I had second/third degree burns on my thigh and pubic area, I would sue too. (Can't remember which it was, but it was a little more serious than just a spill, plus a few other factors...)

I really dislike Lori.

Thanks for saying that, Minerva. I was starting to get grouchy. Being a SAH is damned hard work...no vacations or holidays and my kiddies don't understand yet that sometimes mom gets sick--so no sick days either. Add in a husband who works no less than 14 and sometimes as many as 17 hrs a day and that's a recipe for a tired woman. If I only had a houseful of kids to raise my other kids and Jebus had my six I would have it made ;) :P

No one is saying that. I just think its hypocritical of Lori to whine about people not working and getting groceries and a rook over their heads when technically she's doing the same thing. She also does not have any children at home anymore and whines about her poor health while getting good health care, but it's on her husband's dime. She seems completely clueless as the fact that she's just like the ones she whines about. Lori was raised in priviledge and married into priviledge. It's not downing the work a SAHM or Dad does, just showing the whining and comtempt Lori is showing for people who don't have her priviledge while judging that they don't work, telling them to work if they should and pay for their own shit because she doesn't want to pay to help others to get anything. Yet, she is technically doing the same.

This one really irritates me because that's not how it went down. If I had second/third degree burns on my thigh and pubic area, I would sue too. (Can't remember which it was, but it was a little more serious than just a spill, plus a few other factors...)

I really dislike Lori.

The woman in question had gruesome third degree burns that took years of treatment. The coffee was hot enough to cause third degree burns within seconds, which is grossly negligent. (I work with coffee all the time. I should be able to spill fresh coffee on my skin without so much as a first degree burn. In fact, I do it all the time. A customer should be able to spill coffee on their lap without being permanently disfigured.) Those facts didn't see the light much because McDonald's undertook quite a misinformation campaign about it, and she became known as the dumb woman who sued McDonald's because she couldn't hold her coffee straight. You'd think "Always learning" Lori would bother to look into that.

With the McDonald's case there was also the issue of they had been cited for super heating their water in order to extract as much as possible from the coffee beans. They knew that they were doing something wrong but continued to do it and someone got hurt as a result.

Yes, there are oftentimes frivolous lawsuits being brought up in court. But, our ability to sue is what sets us apart from more oppressive countries. Oftentimes the fear of lawsuit is what compels many entities to follow the rules and conduct business in a decent manner. But, then Lori is probably a "good old days" sort of person who conveniently forgets that selling spoiled meat, and other food products filled with random garbage was commonplace until ebil government regulations and lawsuits forced shop keepers and food manufacturers to change their ways.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of Lori's friends/contacts are people who are middle class and above. She lacks empathy for people who are struggling and people that sometimes have to get government assistance. She has talked about her health problems many times on her blog. I have a tiny amount of sympathy for her on that. But she has trashed people who need assistance with healthcare and her postings about universal healthcare were about how other people are paying for other people's care.

I was 8 or 9 when the McDonald's coffee case happened. I remember seeing that lady on 20/20 and I also remember how many trashed her in the media. When I was in college in 2005 or 2006, I read about her case in a business class and after reading it about it was clear that her lawsuit wasn't frivolous. I have spilled coffee and hot tea on myself and have only gotten first degree burns.

The woman in question had gruesome third degree burns that took years of treatment. The coffee was hot enough to cause third degree burns within seconds, which is grossly negligent. (I work with coffee all the time. I should be able to spill fresh coffee on my skin without so much as a first degree burn. In fact, I do it all the time. A customer should be able to spill coffee on their lap without being permanently disfigured.) Those facts didn't see the light much because McDonald's undertook quite a misinformation campaign about it, and she became known as the dumb woman who sued McDonald's because she couldn't hold her coffee straight. You'd think "Always learning" Lori would bother to look into that.

THANK YOU. I hate hearing this case referred to as frivolous. People are stupid and have short memories. It's not as though she sued because her blouse was stained.

Lori is a stuck up bitch. REAL Christians help the less fortunate- they don't diss on them for needing said help.

Now I want to research gay history.

I am sure that it won't make it to the light of day but I posted that the EBT cards do not entitle the holders to cash, that they are just a cheaper and less fraud prone method of distributing food stamp benefits.

And that most of the people who receive food stamps work, mainly full time, or are disabled/elderly. The idea that we would deny a teency bit of help to people who are working and cannot manage to make ends meet or to those who are too crippled or old to support themselves is the most un-Jesusy thing I can think of. Maybe its because I'm a heathen Jew, but I don't understand how Jesus who allegedly preached love and charity could be the idol of Christianity and yet be so thoroughly ignored. Its as if they have never even bothered to read up on this Jesus guy and what he said. He's just a glowing statue that parrots whatever they want in order for themselves to feel better about their life choices etc....

It reminds me too much of the wealthy women I know who tell me that I should volunteer more and donate more and make it sound like I'm sitting around all day while they do all these important things. Meanwhile I'm working and going to school and they have wealthy husbands and paid household help etc... And they have lost, if they ever had it in the first place, of what it takes to go to work all day, come home to cook and clean, and go to school on top of all of that. It must be so very nice to have a rich husband...

Until he divorces his wife for the latest model, like what happened with Terry Martin Hekker.

LOL. I have to admit that I'd have a good chuckle if one of the holier than thou "I'm better than you b/c I married a rich man and you're marrying a poor one" women got traded in for a younger and better looking model :-)

Won't Lori qualify for both Medicare and Social Security once she gets older, two programs she paid jackshit into?

I believe she would qualify for both. She would likely get low SS checks. I think Lori is in her late 50s. I also think she is trying bury her previous entry, because her current entry is about her perfect mother.

The McDonalds coffee lady needed skin grafts in her pubic area. She was burned over six percent of her body. And she attempted to settle for $20,000.

She'll only get Social Security if she paid into it or was married at least 10 years to someone who did or is married to someone who is eligible at the time of filing.

The other program, SSI, is actually a welfare payment for the blind, aged, or disabled who either don't qualify for SSA or get very little and very limited other resources.

Archived