IGNORED

Heterosexual Awareness Month

weirdghostboo

She humps the King James, so I doubt she's Catholic. It's not any particular version so much as all of them in a blender, but it's CLOSEST to the Book of Common Prayer version (the mention of the "Holy Ghost" is fairly distinctive, as is "quick and the dead", but 'virgin' isn't capitalized). Her FB mentions Covenant College, so Presbyterian is a possibility as well.

What denomination of Catholicism is that version of the Nicaean Creed from? It's not the Roman Catholic version.

I was wondering that too.

I found this: http://www.christianitytoday.com/biblestudies/articles/churchhomeleadership/080730.html

Not sure I understand the difference between the Apostles Creed and the Nicene Creed. If anyone can clarify I would love to know. I'll keep reading though.

Not sure I understand the difference between the Apostles Creed and the Nicene Creed. If anyone can clarify I would love to know. I'll keep reading though.

There's not much difference, in practice.

We need a eye twitching, trying to not laugh emoticon. She thinks she owns the facebook page. That's hilarious. And that the government can't seize her images or postings if necessary? Funny, I never felt the need to say anything like that on my facebook. Then again there's not really anything on my fb that would make the US Federal Government feel the need to seize it. Paranoid much?

It's pages like this that make me sad that all my friends who work at Facebook are too ethical to mess with her page. It's good on one level, but people like this just Need Messing With.

It's pages like this that make me sad that all my friends who work at Facebook are too ethical to mess with her page. It's good on one level, but people like this just Need Messing With.

I'm sure they do, but I'm also glad you have some ethical friends. If they won't even fuck around with people who deserve it, at least you know you can trust them for yourself!

The theme of this FB page reminds me of one of the few times I was able to cut my mother dead in an argument. Back in the '80s, when gay pride was becoming a big thing, she said, "Why do they have to have a gay pride parade? I didn't have to have a straight pride parade." To which I said, "Every wedding and every prom is a straight pride parade." *gotcha*

I love it when homophobes think we kiss/shag/enter relationships with members of the same sex just to piss them off. I mean, I like going :obscene-birdiedoublered: to bigots (next time I visit America I'm going to get a photo of myself kissing or hugging a girl in front of a Chick-Fil-A), but that is not why I like girls as well as guys. Homophobes really do have an inflated sense of their own importance.

I love it when homophobes think we kiss/shag/enter relationships with members of the same sex just to piss them off. I mean, I like going :obscene-birdiedoublered: to bigots (next time I visit America I'm going to get a photo of myself kissing or hugging a girl in front of a Chick-Fil-A), but that is not why I like girls as well as guys. Homophobes really do have an inflated sense of their own importance.

If they're that paranoid, maybe you should piss them off for the hell of it!

FB can be dodgy (I should know).

But why does anyone think sticking a form of words up there does anything?

Talk about magical thinking.

FB can be dodgy (I should know).

But why does anyone think sticking a form of words up there does anything?

Talk about magical thinking.

It's like writing demands in caryon on the back of a check and expecting that the bank and the US government will both be aware and heed your requests.

Guest Anonymous
NOTICE: Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "pcture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable

I like this bit the best. The evil teachers/lecturers are on the prowl, using their students for nefarious research into innocent Facebook users (and their 'private and legally privileged and confidential' profiles)!

I identify as heterosexual, but I have friends all over the spectrum of sexuality. One day, several years ago, I was with a female friend, H, who identifies as bisexual, and we met up with another friend and a group of her younger male friends whom H and I had never met. The guys started flippantly using words like "faggot" and "homo," which made me uncomfortable and H even more so. Finally, I had had it, and to shut them up, I strode up to H, took her in my arms, and planted a huge kiss on her lips! :twisted: H just started laughing mid-lip-lock and said, "I love you!" "Love you too!" That shut 'em up.

She humps the King James, so I doubt she's Catholic. It's not any particular version so much as all of them in a blender, but it's CLOSEST to the Book of Common Prayer version (the mention of the "Holy Ghost" is fairly distinctive, as is "quick and the dead", but 'virgin' isn't capitalized). Her FB mentions Covenant College, so Presbyterian is a possibility as well.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell. The third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.

It's pretty similar to the one I grew up with in the ELCA (mainline/liberal Lutheran). We didn't use the antiquated language (Holy Ghost, sitteth, from thence, quick, God the Father Almighty; we said Holy Spirit, sits, where, living, the Father). I wonder if some of the more conservative Lutheran branches (Missouri Synod), might say it this way.

When I read "heterosexual awareness month", my mind immediately went to the slightly right-of-centre big L liberals at my university who think legal protection for trans* people is BS because "no one should get special treatment" and that straight white cis men are oppressed now. They're bigoted as fuck but hide it behind their rudimentary understanding of how inclusiveness works. Oh yeah, and they're pretty much all business students. And for all I know, they could just be fundies pretending to be Liberals because it'll fly under the radar more easily, but either way, they've hidden their hate behind logic and good grammar. At least these people let it all out when it comes to how batshit they are.

And we need this why? It's not like heterosexual couples are some kind of rarity? Even if every state made gay marriage legal and we added an amendment protecting the rights of the LGBT community it's not like het couples would go the way of the dinosaurs or anything so I'm not sure what the hell these people are so afraid of. People are going to be with whoever or whatever their attracted to whether that be the same sex or the opposite sex or animal, vegetable or mineral, cause yeah there are people out there way kinkier than the average gay couple could ever dream of being. I just don't see why we need a Heterosexual Awareness anything other than the fact that some people are extremely paranoid, butthurt, narcissists.

And we need this why? It's not like heterosexual couples are some kind of rarity? Even if every state made gay marriage legal and we added an amendment protecting the rights of the LGBT community it's not like het couples would go the way of the dinosaurs or anything so I'm not sure what the hell these people are so afraid of. People are going to be with whoever or whatever their attracted to whether that be the same sex or the opposite sex or animal, vegetable or mineral, cause yeah there are people out there way kinkier than the average gay couple could ever dream of being. I just don't see why we need a Heterosexual Awareness anything other than the fact that some people are extremely paranoid, butthurt, narcissists.

These people are afraid because in terms of rights, they used to be guaranteed heterosexual privilege and now they're pissed because they have to share. They dismiss any fight for equality as "special treatment" but they're the ones who expect special treatment, not minority groups.

As a white, blue eyed, (bottle) blonde, straight person I feel absolutely NO NEED to bring awareness to the numerous privileges I have!

Why do people care so much about others sexual preferences & sex lives? How does it affect them?

A quick look at Becky Taylor's FB page reveals that her husband is African American. As Andy Griffith would say, "well I'll be dogged!" Hey Becky, did you know that people used to say ugly, hateful things about Black people and use the Bible and "science" to back up their claims? Did you know that interracial marriage used to be illegal because it wasn't "natural" & it went against the so-called Biblical definition of marriage? Hey Becky, did you know that makes you a huge hypocrite & also a huge asshole?

A quick look at Becky Taylor's FB page reveals that her husband is African American. As Andy Griffith would say, "well I'll be dogged!" Hey Becky, did you know that people used to say ugly, hateful things about Black people and use the Bible and "science" to back up their claims? Did you know that interracial marriage used to be illegal because it wasn't "natural" & it went against the so-called Biblical definition of marriage? Hey Becky, did you know that makes you a huge hypocrite & also a huge asshole?

She knows but she doesn't care. She's that speshul of a snowflake.

The Apostles' Creed is a lot shorter than the Nicene.

The quick and the dead is definitely Book of Common Prayer. In the earlier part of the last century a fairly widespread joke was "there are two sorts of pedestrian when Vicar's driving - the quick and the dead".

The quick and the dead is definitely Book of Common Prayer. In the earlier part of the last century a fairly widespread joke was "there are two sorts of pedestrian when Vicar's driving - the quick and the dead".

Fundie Episcopalians exist and I've had the misfortune, she's from the right part of the country to be the fundie type. Lutheran is a possibility but again, the King James thing would be a touch weird (Tyndale aside, Anglicans and Lutherans didn't get along for quite some time).

Why do people care so much about others sexual preferences & sex lives? How does it affect them?

It must be jealousy. There are any number of common human behaviors that I find baffling or gross, but I don't want to DO any of them.

Fundie Episcopalians exist and I've had the misfortune, she's from the right part of the country to be the fundie type. Lutheran is a possibility but again, the King James thing would be a touch weird (Tyndale aside, Anglicans and Lutherans didn't get along for quite some time).

It must be jealousy. There are any number of common human behaviors that I find baffling or gross, but I don't want to DO any of them.

I think the jealousy is of people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Come on bigots! Just surrender! Reveal your inner gayness! It'll be the best thing you ever do, I promise ya!

Archived