IGNORED

Papa John's the new Chick-Fil-A

OkToBeTakei

Well so says the Whiner lady..

Monday, November 12, 2012

Stand with Papa John's

Hey everyone! Several months ago, many of us stood with Chick-Fil-A to show our support for their values. Today, I learned of another company that needs our help once more!! Please read below:

The CEO of Papa John's, John H. Schnatter, has said that he will have to cut employee hours because of Obamacare. Schattner has received intense media scrutiny in addition to being demonized as an evil rich guy by the Left. Obamacare is a fiscal nightmare and because of it, many small businesses aren't hiring now. Some are even closing their doors. Obamacare is now, as John Boehner said, "the law of the land." In solidarity with John H. Schnatter, we propose that November, 16th, 2012 be National Papa John's Appreciation Day. The Left thinks we are discouraged; they think they have won. Let's send a clear message this Friday, like we did on Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day, that we are here to stay and that we won't stop fighting. There are over 2,600 Papa John's stores in the United States. Let's flood all of them like we flooded Chick-Fil-A.

How the event works: 1. "Like" Papa John's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/papajohns

2. Change your Facebook avatar to the Papa Johns logo on Friday.

3. Go into your local Papa John's this Friday, November 16th, and order a pizza. This will only be effective if you go into the store itself. Take a picture of your visit and your pizza, share it on your Facebook wall and/or tweet it with the hashtag #IStandWithPapaJohns

4. If you live further than a half hour from Papa Johns. Participate on twitter with the hashtag #IStandWithPapaJohns

Also: We would like to suggest that anyone participating in this event also purchase an additional pie to share with someone that is struggling right now. Perhaps a neighbor who lost a job, a food shelter, church group, afterschool program for kids in need.... There are many options, but please consider buying a pie to share!

Let's send a clear message this Friday. Thank you, everyone.

This event was created by the team at @Reboot_USA

I hope you can join with me THIS FRIDAY as we STAND WITH PAPA JOHN'S!!!!!!!

The stupid just gets worse doesn't it?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't order Papa John's anyway, but I have no intention to start. What an assclown. Taking it out on your employees because you legally have to treat them slightly less shittily - if your business is only profitable because you underpay your employees and don't pay into their health insurance, maybe your business is the problem. Maybe you are the problem.

Papa John's quit delivering to my house for no apparent reason because they deliver to pretty much every other house around here so I stopped buying from them a long time ago.

I'm kinda glad there isn't a Papa Johns near me now. What a douche. There was an article on facebook a few days ago. The man lives in a CASTLE in Cali, with a 23 car garage, natural lake with drawbridge, pool, tennis court.

And he can't pay fifteen fucking cents for health care.

It's physically painful for me to comprehend.

One of my Facebook friends who also signed the petition for Texas to secede from the US posted this yesterday.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with their pizza being terrible. Unless, of course, it's Obama's fault the pizza is terrible.

:shock: oh good grief.

The CEO is a prick who doesn't want to lose .15 cents per pizza sold to cover his employees healthcare. I'm soooo sure Jesus would support John cutting back people's hours in order to pad his own pockets. :snooty:

This guy is completely selfish, and it isnt Obamas fault.

If these fundies really wanted to do things to help the world, why couldnt they just give to charity or volunteer at a homeless shelter or something.

Papa John's is proof of how Obamacare harms small business?

That's another thing - Papa John's is far from a small business. Although we've already seen Republicans play it fast and loose with that definition. A small business is not defined by something as arbitrary as size, oh no. Is it convenient to define your business as such to avoid taxes? Then it's a small business.

I'm kinda glad there isn't a Papa Johns near me now. What a douche. There was an article on facebook a few days ago. The man lives in a CASTLE in Cali, with a 23 car garage, natural lake with drawbridge, pool, tennis court.

And he can't pay fifteen fucking cents for health care.

It's physically painful for me to comprehend.

that's the question though: what profit is enough?

Most businesses that leave for other countries still make a lot of money, but it could be even more elsewhere so they see dollar numbers everywhere and decide to leave with no concern for their employees.

The amount of money the Republican party put into discrediting Obamacare would probably provide affordable healthcare huh?

At the very least it would buy a lot of Pizza and Chicken. Maybe they are just tired of eating Chicken.

It's quite a clever ploy to increase profit. All the stupid people buy a Pizza and feel all charitable buying one for a homeless shelter to show their support for a political ideal that would deny the employees access to affordable healthcare for their kids. I really don't understand it.

I'm pretty sure Jon Stewart said it for all of us when he said he would pay the $.15 more for pizza if it meant someone could get life-saving healthcare. It's not that hard to comprehend. That's just corporate greediness.

Oh, and like I pointed out elsewhere, Papa John's has a program where you get points towards a free pizza. Before this shit went down, I got three free pizzas this year, out of maybe 12 ordered. So... a large 3 topping is usually $12 with their promotion. 12*3 = $36 worth of free pizza. I have enough points to get one more by the end of the year, so we'll say $48 in free pizza.

That's $48 in pizza that I still would have ordered. So, $48/$.15 = 320. That's 320 pizzas worth of healthcare out of a program that my family hardly uses. That 320 has to be about a week's worth of pizza. So Papa Johns gave away a week's worth of healthcare to us, in the form of pizza that we would have paid for. If only 30-50 other families (low estimate) in my area are registered for this rewards program and eat as much or more pizza than we have, that is an entire year's worth of healthcare for employees at my local PJs.

Just sayin', Papa Johns.

Wonder if Whiner lady will delete this comment..erin said...

As a conservative Republican living in Louisville, Kentucky, I respect your passion but have to say that your assessment of John Schnatter being demonized by the Left is absolutely incorrect. John Schnatter is a ridiculously wealthy and arrogant man whose behavior in person is atrocious. He lives a life of leisure and his claim that he will have to cut his employees' healthcare is RIDICULOUS.

I am completely with you in regards to the administration, Obamacare, and your right to express support for whatever business you choose, but please do not believe that the media is unfairly characterizing Mr. Schnatter. In this case, unfortunately, the liberal media is correct.

November 13, 2012 8:05 AM

Leave your comment

That's another thing - Papa John's is far from a small business. Although we've already seen Republicans play it fast and loose with that definition. A small business is not defined by something as arbitrary as size, oh no. Is it convenient to define your business as such to avoid taxes? Then it's a small business.

Good point - it's an international chain. Wiki says over 4,000 locations, including 32 other countries, and I'm not sure how someone could think that's a small business.

This sucks too because Papa Johns is locally the best pizza other than our homemade pizza, and I am a sucker for their breadsticks. Second best is a truely local place (only 3 locations, all here in town), but for some reason their pizza gives me some horrible indigestion when we reheat it.

:shock: oh good grief.

The CEO is a prick who doesn't want to lose .15 cents per pizza sold to cover his employees healthcare. I'm soooo sure Jesus would support John cutting back people's hours in order to pad his own pockets. :snooty:

You know, Papa Johns is the only pizza delivery place that find my house AND is in their delivery zone. And I wouldn't have noticed a mere fifteen cents price increase. I certainly don't mind paying fifteen cents more for a pizza if it means his staff can have health insurance. Regardless, now that I know this about him, I am not supporting his business anymore. I think I'll write him a letter and include how much I spent there last year (at least $400, we used to get pizza delivery about every three weeks, and spent about $20 each time). Too bad I won't be spending money there anymore.

But now I see what a dick blister this guy is. Really? Stomping your feet and pouting because you're not getting your way?! What the fuck?! If he'd kept his mouth shut and just raised his prices, no one would know what an asshole he is.

I really, really don't understand the current conservative impulse to defend enormous businesses and very wealthy people from having to do something that should basically be an easy ethical decision to ensure that employees are treated fairly. Most conservatives I know are far from wealthy (maybe it's just my area?) - I mean, if they were very wealthy or actually making a lot of money, it would make more sense to me (it would still be pretty disgusting, but at least then it would be a matter of self-interest). But in many cases, it seems like these people are actively campaigning against basic measures to ensure people like themselves are treated fairly by people with far more resources.

I just don't get it - all I think is that people who are working in jobs, especially full-time, are entitled to fair living wages, decent safety conditions, sick time, and being able to afford health care. This is not (or should not) be a radical idea!

I doubt that the owner could not suddenly afford to keep employees. Its a political move that will come back to bite him in the ass. He will be required to pay a much higher unemployment insurance rate next year. The unemployment insurance company will not let him use Obama made me do it as an excuse. The unemployment office wont fall for it either.

Good point - it's an international chain. Wiki says over 4,000 locations, including 32 other countries, and I'm not sure how someone could think that's a small business.

This sucks too because Papa Johns is locally the best pizza other than our homemade pizza, and I am a sucker for their breadsticks. Second best is a truely local place (only 3 locations, all here in town), but for some reason their pizza gives me some horrible indigestion when we reheat it.

They have Papa Johns in Canada (I've been once, it's quite far away from me) where we've had universal healthcare since far before I was ever born, so I wonder how he deals with that. We do get coverage through employers for things like the dentist or prescription drugs, so I'd like to find out what Papa Johns Canada does about that.

But no small business by any stretch of the imagination. I think having locations in several countries automatically disqualifies you from being considered a small business.

Right now I'm covering the KHL, a league that plays in eight countries. I have seen Papa Johns ads on dasherboards in videos of games in at least six of them so far.

I really, really don't understand the current conservative impulse to defend enormous businesses and very wealthy people from having to do something that should basically be an easy ethical decision to ensure that employees are treated fairly. Most conservatives I know are far from wealthy (maybe it's just my area?) - I mean, if they were very wealthy or actually making a lot of money, it would make more sense to me (it would still be pretty disgusting, but at least then it would be a matter of self-interest). But in many cases, it seems like these people are actively campaigning against basic measures to ensure people like themselves are treated fairly by people with far more resources.

I just don't get it - all I think is that people who are working in jobs, especially full-time, are entitled to fair living wages, decent safety conditions, sick time, and being able to afford health care. This is not (or should not) be a radical idea!

This! Also, during the campaigns it really irked me how Romney and his Republicans (ooh, sounds like a cheesy 80's band! :character-beavisbutthead: ) kept going on and on about how, "Yes, we did build this!" as if they built their companies all by themselves. Unless you are the only employee in your company, other people (known as your employees) helped you become the millionaire you are today.

Ugh. I lean more conservative and this is basically everything that's wrong with the republican party right now. Really, let's all go out and support corporate greed at the expense of the everyday working man?? REALLY? The republican party deserves to go down in flames at this point. Get a clue, morons!

Papa Johns operates on a franchise basis, meaning that most locations are owned by a small business owner, just like a gas station. They pay the company for the right to be a papa johns so, to me, they are a small business and I will continue to order from them. Its not the delivery guy's fault that the guy that owns the brand lives in a castle.

Who is the crazy pizza guy that built his own town?

I'm pretty sure Jon Stewart said it for all of us when he said he would pay the $.15 more for pizza if it meant someone could get life-saving healthcare. It's not that hard to comprehend. That's just corporate greediness.

Oh, and like I pointed out elsewhere, Papa John's has a program where you get points towards a free pizza. Before this shit went down, I got three free pizzas this year, out of maybe 12 ordered. So... a large 3 topping is usually $12 with their promotion. 12*3 = $36 worth of free pizza. I have enough points to get one more by the end of the year, so we'll say $48 in free pizza.

That's $48 in pizza that I still would have ordered. So, $48/$.15 = 320. That's 320 pizzas worth of healthcare out of a program that my family hardly uses. That 320 has to be about a week's worth of pizza. So Papa Johns gave away a week's worth of healthcare to us, in the form of pizza that we would have paid for. If only 30-50 other families (low estimate) in my area are registered for this rewards program and eat as much or more pizza than we have, that is an entire year's worth of healthcare for employees at my local PJs.

Just sayin', Papa Johns.

Yeah, all that. I've earned a couple of those freebies myself. Even without the points rewards program, prices for PJs pizza vary wildly depending on where you live, what day and time you order, whether you get takeout or delivery, etc. We always order from whatever online specials they're running that day anyway, and NO ONE would notice a .15 increase in price.

If PJs is like many other restaurants and retail locations, they probably don't pay for healthcare for most of their employees already. Retail and food service typically rely heavily on part-time workers (especially teens and college students) who wouldn't be eligible for benefits anyway. Obamacare is a complete non-issue for someone like John Schnatter.

Papa Johns operates on a franchise basis, meaning that most locations are owned by a small business owner, just like a gas station. They pay the company for the right to be a papa johns so, to me, they are a small business and I will continue to order from them. Its not the delivery guy's fault that the guy that owns the brand lives in a castle.

Who is the crazy pizza guy that built his own town?

So where's the line for small business vs. large business if franchises count as small businesses simply because they're owned by a local person? Aren't most fast food restaurants franchises? In my opinion, a business attached to a nationally recognized brand name (franchised or not) doesn't quite count as a small business. "Locally owned and operated", yes. "Small", no.

That being said, I'm still ordering from Papa Johns; no one else delivers a hot pizza and I refuse to turn on the oven for delivery food.

Archived