IGNORED

People in 15 states start petitions to secede from U.S.

BoomerLynn

Meh, split Oregon in two, sending the Southern 1/4 to CA and give the rest to Washington.

Let the Southern States that are prone to hurricanes and tornadoes secede. Strip any military bases bare, move NASA stuff out West, and just think of how much money FEMA would save during hurricane season...

On behalf of California, I happy accept Ashland.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On behalf of Oregon, we are keeping Portland, Eugene, Ashland, Bend, Sisters, Hood River, Government Camp, and the coast line.

All the rest can be fought over by Idaho, Washington and California.

My friend in Michigan just posted on my FB that I could come and live with her. I don't like cold weather, but I'll be damned if I live a state that wants to secede from the U.S. But, I'm sure nothing will come of this. People are just pitching hissy fits, it should die down after a while.

On behalf of Oregon, we are keeping Portland, Eugene, Ashland, Bend, Sisters, Hood River, Government Camp, and the coast line.

All the rest can be fought over by Idaho, Washington and California.

We need to include the entire Valley, it's the bread basket ya know love :D

Nice to see you back.

On behalf of California, I happy accept Ashland.

No. No. No. I did not move all the way to the Rogue Valley just so you people could put me back in the same state as my mother.

People have been proposing that southern Oregon and northern California both split off and form their own state since the 1940's. If we're going to be monkeying with the map anyway then why the hell not. Either that or just split it right up the Cascades. I'm with experiencedd on that one.

Long live the state of Jefferson!!!

We need to include the entire Valley, it's the bread basket ya know love :D

Nice to see you back.

And Medford! You are not leaving me out of this!

(Granted if you can swing a nice house in Ashland Mr. C and I will gladly move.)

So is this a threat or a promise?

Personally, I am willing to raise gas money for any wingnut in NJ who signed this to drive to Alabama and STAY there. A few less racists assholes around here would do us all a world of good.

As for Texas and the Dakotas, your fucking oil is worthless without my state's densely packed cars (most cars per square mile in these united states), nasty pharmaceutical/medical device industries, and refineries. First someone needs to clean it, and then a lot of someones need to buy it. Just saying.

I am sure viability as New York and Philadelphia's backyard is more than possible once we stop having to pay taxes to the Fed that go directly for Red state upkeep. Try trusting the Lord for money to fix roads and electric grids.

We have no God but Bruce Springsteen, and Clarence Clemmens was his messenger. :(

We do not say The Musically Giftless one's name lest his head swells even more. :shhh:

Reminds me of a friend who had the unfortunate job of playing in a Bon Jovi cover band called Non Jovi. 8-)

We do not say The Musically Giftless one's name lest his head swells even more. :shhh:

JBJ is kind of like a Stay at Home Daughter. Pretty to look at, but stuck back a couple of decades and not a lot of substance.

No. No. No. I did not move all the way to the Rogue Valley just so you people could put me back in the same state as my mother.

People have been proposing that southern Oregon and northern California both split off and form their own state since the 1940's. If we're going to be monkeying with the map anyway then why the hell not. Either that or just split it right up the Cascades. I'm with experiencedd on that one.

Long live the state of Jefferson!!!

You are taking me back--is NPR there still called Jefferson Public Radio?

My friend in Michigan just posted on my FB that I could come and live with her. I don't like cold weather, but I'll be damned if I live a state that wants to secede from the U.S. But, I'm sure nothing will come of this. People are just pitching hissy fits, it should die down after a while.

Alas, she isn't safe. An updated list of states with secession petitions:

Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.

Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.

Well fuck that. She's going to be pissed. Maybe Hawaii then?

The Texas petition has recieved 34,000 signatures.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11 ... ponse?lite

:lol:

Of course even Rick Perry isn't taking this crap seriously.

Catherine Frazier, press secretary for Texas Gov. Rick Perry, told NBC News Monday that the governor "believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it."

"But he also shares the frustrations many Americans have with our federal government," Frazier said in a statement. "Now more than ever our country needs strong leadership from states like Texas, that are making tough decisions to live within their means, keep taxes low and provide opportunities to job creators so their citizens can provide for their families and prosper."

My state is on the new list. Hmmm....we are so close to Canada that if we secede, which I doubt will actually happen, I hope we get absorbed by Canada. I've visited there a boatload of times and really like it. Plus, hey, free health care!

Montana- I love you so, so much, but when it comes to politics, you're so bad. :( If you would just go blue, you'd be heaven on earth.

MT wouldn't be able to make it as it's own country. We (wow, I've lived in IL for 11 months now, but I still say "we" whenever I talk about home.) don't have enough natural resources, and even though we do have nice tourist destinations, we couldn't survive on that alone. North Dakota can secede though, no one likes them anyway :lol:

Do these morons remember what happened the first time this was tried? Blockade, starvation, roughly 212,000 deaths, brother against brother, the state of the south after the war... should I go on?

So is this a threat or a promise?

Personally, I am willing to raise gas money for any wingnut in NJ who signed this to drive to Alabama and STAY there. A few less racists assholes around here would do us all a world of good.

As for Texas and the Dakotas, your fucking oil is worthless without my state's densely packed cars (most cars per square mile in these united states), nasty pharmaceutical/medical device industries, and refineries. First someone needs to clean it, and then a lot of someones need to buy it. Just saying.

I am sure viability as New York and Philadelphia's backyard is more than possible once we stop having to pay taxes to the Fed that go directly for Red state upkeep. Try trusting the Lord for money to fix roads and electric grids.

We have no God but Bruce Springsteen, and Clarence Clemmens was his messenger. :(

To the bolded: not both! I am in the southernmost Dakota now, and we're not on the list!

Oh, noes!!! My beloved Oklahoma?? Ah, how you've disappointed me, fellow Sooners.

Archived