IGNORED

People in 15 states start petitions to secede from U.S.

BoomerLynn

In honor of the giant hissy fits being thrown by conservatives throughout the country:

http://now.msn.com/15-states-start-peti ... ve-the-usa

It’s either the political theater equivalent of a hissy fit or the start of more than a dozen new countries: Citizens in 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States after Tuesday’s election. These include Louisiana (which led the charge), the Republic of Texas, Kentucky, Colorado, New Jersey, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Oregon. And somewhat hilariously, someone in North Dakota filed a petition requesting New York secede, which seems pretty rude, given they are sort of handling a major natural disaster right now. Although this is largely seen as symbolic, the filers in each state still have a month to gather 25,000 signatures to have their peaceful withdrawal from the U.S.A. considered by the president. Good luck with that.

Of course my state would have to be one of them. :roll:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In honor of the giant hissy fits being thrown by conservatives throughout the country:

http://now.msn.com/15-states-start-peti ... ve-the-usa

Of course my state would have to be one of them. :roll:

Damn North Carolina, really? Why the hell is my state among these fifteen? Didn't the south learn the last time around that secession is a crappy idea?

Fuck 'em. We could make Jacksonville a state and they could have their happy little Christian theocracy there. They should all fit quite easily. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aw hell, my state is on that list too. Apparently the South didn't learn it's lesson. Fucking stupid idiots!

Yeah, WTF, New Jersey? :roll:

You'd really think NJ would have more on its mind right now. Not to mention need of federal funds :?

That's not quite the list I was expecting although, in a general sense, I think it would be funny as hell to see them try.

I think we should draw the lines early: You cannot take the blue states, most notably Oregon and New Jersey. The rest of them, we fought for you once and it ain't worth it to do it again.

Guest Anonymous
I think we should draw the lines early: You cannot take the blue states, most notably Oregon and New Jersey. The rest of them, we fought for you once and it ain't worth it to do it again.

We should also tell New York to ignore North Dakota's attempts to kick them out.

This.

We should also tell New York to ignore North Dakota's attempts to kick them out.

New York is kicking back and totally not paying attention to the fuckery. :)

fucking North Dakota, jesus christ. I lived there quite happily for over a dozen years and now between this nonsense and the oil fields I don't even want to go visit. Backwardass fuckers.

Meh, I wish them luck trying to get enough signatures and then for the secession to actually happen. Texas has een saying this shit for years. They won't do it. None will. They won't want to lose all their resources and become vulnerable. All talk to say they hate the chosen president this term. Just let them pout and write how stinky mom and dad arethe government is and their parents are poopyface meanies the president sucks. They'll calm down once they realize they won't get their way. They only have to deal for four years if they hate Obama. Next term he can't run again.

But hey, they wanna try...go right ahead. My state isn't on the list. Guess they had enough with secession after the last break. Can't say I blame them.

I can't believe my Boregonia has joined the clusterfuckery. Whatever, just don't let the door hit you in the asses on your way out.

There is Portland and the college towns and then there is the rest of the state. So everyone who wants to go can go to that side of the Cascades and those of us who are happy can stay on this side of the Cascades. See, simple!

Our side gets to keep the really good coffee and the Voodoo Doughnuts.

Please excuse my ignorance of the US but I have to ask: would any of these states be viable on their own? I suspect Colorado might as it has the same appeal as Switzerland - playground of the rich and famous combined with being the training location of every country's Winter Olympic Team. I'm not counting New York, as they didn't initiate it themselves.

Tell me about the other states? Industry? Mining? Oil? Anything that might provide employment and income for the people who live there? If they did secede, what sort of import and export taxes are the rest of you planning to place on goods moving across the borders?

Please excuse my ignorance of the US but I have to ask: would any of these states be viable on their own? I suspect Colorado might as it has the same appeal as Switzerland - playground of the rich and famous combined with being the training location of every country's Winter Olympic Team. I'm not counting New York, as they didn't initiate it themselves.

Tell me about the other states? Industry? Mining? Oil? Anything that might provide employment and income for the people who live there? If they did secede, what sort of import and export taxes are the rest of you planning to place on goods moving across the borders?

GOD will provide for these holy, GODLY people and curse the heathens.

Archived