IGNORED

Freedom from abuse

AnnieC 305

I'd strongly dispute that Gothard and Doug the Tool Phillips are Independent Fundamental Baptist. Dougie is a Calvinista, which is shunned among the IFBers and Gothard is not part of IFB circles.

I tend to get a little tetchy about these classifications because saying "fundamentalist" is fine, but specifically stating "IFB" and then lumping Doug Phillips the Tool and Gothard in there is inaccurate.

My sister belongs to an IFB. Her pastor, his wife & a lot of members teach at BJU. I mentioned Gothard to her the other day & she got really quiet. I think I need to try again.

I know she's playing submissive wife: calling him to ask before she buys anything or goes anywhere, and giving him her paycheck, which sucks because he makes minimum wage & she's an accountant.

She's also been spanking her grand kids, and I told her if I ever see her I won't hesitate to call DSS.

And Doug Phillips is a tool.

My sister belongs to an IFB. Her pastor, his wife & a lot of members teach at BJU. I mentioned Gothard to her the other day & she got really quiet. I think I need to try again.

I know she's playing submissive wife: calling him to ask before she buys anything or goes anywhere, and giving him her paycheck, which sucks because he makes minimum wage & she's an accountant.

She's also been spanking her grand kids, and I told her if I ever see her I won't hesitate to call DSS.

And Doug Phillips is a tool.

Wow. Giving away control over her earnings is scary.

Wow. Giving away control over her earnings is scary.

My ex-sil was the custodian at my old church for awhile. They made her checks out to her husband and wouldn't give them to her, even when ex-bil told them to. That wasn't even an IFB, they were Free Will Baptist at the time. The church secretary had to make her check out to her husband, too.

Fuck that noise. If the Lord Jeebus ever sees fit to bless me with another headship, I'll be keeping my hard-earned money, thank you very much.

Archived