IGNORED

Ipod shuffles.

Witsec7

I know it's all an algorithm but sometimes my shuffle gives me one artist with frequency during a shuffle. At first I thought it was based on the frequency I play certain albums, but today I've gotten a higher than normal rotation of Elvis Costello and I had not played any of his albums recently. Now I loves me my Elvis C and everything played was all from a single album.

Anyone have a clue?

Looks like it's supposed to be completely random from what various websites are saying, but I know I tend to get a lot of the same things when I shuffle my ipod. No idea if it's my imagination or truly not random. If you're having an issue, I'd double check that you didn't accidentally rate Elvis Costello and/or an Elvis Costello song in your itunes. Then go to itunes DJ and click settings in the bottom corner and see if you have "play higher rated songs more often" checked. There's a chance you opted in to weighted shuffling at some point.

Looks like it's supposed to be completely random from what various websites are saying, but I know I tend to get a lot of the same things when I shuffle my ipod. No idea if it's my imagination or truly not random. If you're having an issue, I'd double check that you didn't accidentally rate Elvis Costello and/or an Elvis Costello song in your itunes. Then go to itunes DJ and click settings in the bottom corner and see if you have "play higher rated songs more often" checked. There's a chance you opted in to weighted shuffling at some point.

I don't do shit in iTunes, no less rate :lol:

Archived