IGNORED

want a 'hand out'

notsocommon

A hand out? How is a woman going to “prove†she was raped? The same damned way as she might prove someone had stolen one of her possessions (whether by breaking in, or by taking advantage of a friendship or an unlocked door).

Here's how it's supposed to work: A woman reports a crime. The police - and not a bunch of busy-bodies from the local church - investigate the allegations and determine how to proceed.

The police have access to so much information concerning area criminals, as well as to the work of scientists. An ordinary person – for example, a victim reporting a crime of any sort - does not.

Is there something in the water around those parts that would allow anyone as stupid as Akin be voted into public office? This guy should be a village idiot, not a lawmaker.

I facepalmed so hard upon reading this. Can we please already stop this blame the victim crap? Sometimes I'm convinced we're living in the new dark ages.

Now this would be the perfect thread for Jericho to join in on and give his opinion if he really wants us to think that he is just a rational republican that posts here and not a troll trying to stir up drama. But he will probably avoid it.

This is just awful. And stuff like this is what is going wrong with America. 10+ years ago no one would have believe we would get to this point. The GOP let the crazies take over.

I just can't even deal with this anymore. I can't watch Stewart or Colbert, I've stopped reading the paper, all of it -- this stuff just makes me physically sick and I cannot face it.

I just can't even deal with this anymore. I can't watch Stewart or Colbert, I've stopped reading the paper, all of it -- this stuff just makes me physically sick and I cannot face it.

I have to force myself these days to keep on top of current events. I hear you, it's incredibly difficult to bear.

Wow, from what I'm reading, this is terrible.

Jericho, what are your thougts on why republicans are electing officials who believe like this when in the past there is no way this sort of stuff would have been even slightly tolerated. Why is attacking women a big thing in the GOP at this time?

Jericho, what are your thougts on why republicans are electing officials who believe like this when in the past there is no way this sort of stuff would have been even slightly tolerated. Why is attacking women a big thing in the GOP at this time?

What other elected official is saying stuff like this?

I'm sure jericho posted that one sentence in this thread so that he can now claim that he actually went to a thread and spoke against a republican, but, if you want people to really believe that you don't come here to just troll, then you are going to have to do it on more than one thread.

Todd Akin -NOT ELECTED

Susana Martinez, governor of NM -CITED IN THIS THREAD

The Senate Conservatives Fund, which includes numerous elected officials http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.co ... upport.php - TODD AKIN COMMENTS WHICH MAKES 2

Newt Gingrich -WHAT COMMENT HAS HE MADE?

Mike Huckabee - WHAT COMMENT HAS HE MADE?

That's just off the top of my head.

So basically we have 2 comments out of hundreds (maybe thousands?) of republican candidates/elected officials nationwide that you are picking on.

Todd Akin -NOT ELECTED

The Senate Conservatives Fund, which includes numerous elected officials http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.co ... upport.php - TODD AKIN COMMENTS WHICH MAKES 2

So basically we have 2 comments out of hundreds (maybe thousands?) of republican candidates/elected officials nationwide that you are picking on.

Yeah, you guys! Stop picking on those people in positions of power when they make offensive statements!! Discussing their statements TOTALLY qualifies as picking on them!

Here is Huckabee using the term "forcible rape" like there is another type of rape:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... ng-people/

Newt Gingrich is now fundraising for Akin trying his best to get him elected.

So I guess the question isn't about why these officials are getting elected, but why isn't the republican party more openly horrified over these sort of statements? Why do we have people like Gingrinch and Huckabee supporting Akin instead of trying to make sure everyone know the republican party doesn't suppor them? What are your thoughts on that Jericho?

Todd Akin -NOT ELECTED

Todd Akin has been in Congress for 11 years. He's an elected official. An alarmingly vile, moronic, and hate filled one at that.

For Jericho, should he come back to this thread:

http://news.yahoo.com/more-republican-l ... 06753.html

"The NRSC support came on the heels of word Tuesday from the Senate Conservatives Fund that it may put money into his campaign. The Missouri Republican Party also backed Akin on Tuesday after earlier saying he should consider quitting."

"Santorum and U.S. Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina, a Tea Party leader and major backer of the Senate Conservatives Fund, endorsed Akin on Wednesday"

Akin's even elected at a national level.

When you get down to the state legislatures finding awful rape statements is like shooting fish in a barrel. I've even seen people claiming it's not fair to use state level officials for evidence about what Republicans say/believe, because the level of crazy is so high.

Oh, here's 3 examples from here in Minnesota. Nationally elected and the problem is with ACTUAL PROPOSED LEGISLATION, not random word-salad spewing from Bachmann's mouth. And it's from last year. Only the attention to this "forcible rape" nonsense is new.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2011 ... e_rape.php

Jericho, Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee have both come out in support of Akin.

And Akin *is* an elected official.

You can get to freejinger, so I assume you can also get to google?

Archived