IGNORED

Romney's Message Is Changing/Romney Secret Tape (merged)

debrand

Jericho at least gets points for having a coherent argument (even if it is wrong) and at least providing us with some entertainment and blood-pressure raising links. Unlike, say, the other troll lately.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're doing requests, I'd like this one answered too.

As a rational republican I just want to make it clear that the GOP does not support people like this, we are ashamed and want nothing to do with them. I voiced that recently on the todd akin thread somewhere, but I guess you missed that.

As a rational republican I just want to make it clear that the GOP does not support people like this, we are ashamed and want nothing to do with them. I voiced that recently on the todd akin thread somewhere, but I guess you missed that.

:lol:

Really? Because Gingrich and several key Republicans are backing him. Out of the vast political base of the Republican party, only 40 politicians are publically against what Akin said. Far more have come out in support of him.

Wow, utterly amazing. You have no idea why this country was founded. So every poor person is a victim? They had no chance? It's not fair? Let me ask you this. What IF we gave everyone "a fair shot" (obama's words) and we gave say....$100,000 to ever lower class person and took it from the rich. How long do you think that money would last before it was gone and the lower class family was back where they started? And how many of the rich do you think would have earned back that $100,000? So what do we do now? Give them another $100,000? How many times are we going to do that? Every year?

At some point you have to realize that re-distribution does not work. People don't appreciate a handout like they do their own hard earned money. There is no emotional tie to it. You have to teach people how to make it on their own. But what our current presidential administration is doing is teaching people how to accept a hand out. 47% of people pay no income tax and around that same amount are on government assistance. Have you heard the term "we've lost the country"? I truly believe Obama wants us to lose the country so Democrats can control things in perpetuity.

I live in Australia. We don't give out 100k to the poor. Instead we provide income support to single parents and families and affordable higher ed as well as free medical care for those who can't afford to be seen privately. It rocks! We also fund private schools, which is a bit of a bugbear for me, but hey, I'd rather see the local Christian primary funded than live in constant fear that my chronic condition is going to bankrupt me.

As far as where the money goes... seriously, stop this hero worship of the rich. It's creepy. I blew through a huge inheritance, and I've friends with trust funds who'd be in the gutter if not for their fairy godmoney. My ex makes an absolute fortune each year just in bonuses, but he's an unmedicated major depressive who spends the few hours he's not working locked in his bathroom crying himself to sleep. Just... stop it. Stop being such an idiot. Rich people are always lucky and some of them have worked very hard. But none of them will ever respect toadying little cretins. You'll be exploited for votes because blah blah blah country's going down the drain blah blah blah black man in the whitehouse blah blah blah why is Michelle Obama hotter than any woman I could ever land? Ultimately, though, you're irrelevant.

Well the good news is today Mitt is saying his campaign is about the 100%.

"My campaign is about the 100 percent of America, and I'm concerned about them," he told Univision anchors Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Salinas at Univision's "Meet the Candidate" forum, co-hosted by Facebook at the University of Miami.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/1 ... 98775.html

I live in Australia. We don't give out 100k to the poor. Instead we provide income support to single parents and families and affordable higher ed as well as free medical care for those who can't afford to be seen privately. It rocks! We also fund private schools, which is a bit of a bugbear for me, but hey, I'd rather see the local Christian primary funded than live in constant fear that my chronic condition is going to bankrupt me.

As far as where the money goes... seriously, stop this hero worship of the rich. It's creepy. I blew through a huge inheritance, and I've friends with trust funds who'd be in the gutter if not for their fairy godmoney. My ex makes an absolute fortune each year just in bonuses, but he's an unmedicated major depressive who spends the few hours he's not working locked in his bathroom crying himself to sleep. Just... stop it. Stop being such an idiot. Rich people are always lucky and some of them have worked very hard. But none of them will ever respect toadying little cretins. You'll be exploited for votes because blah blah blah country's going down the drain blah blah blah black man in the whitehouse blah blah blah why is Michelle Obama hotter than any woman I could ever land? Ultimately, though, you're irrelevant.

As an American expat living in Australia, I 100% co-sign the above comment. I now pay higher taxes, but I don't even notice because I don't have to worry about losing my house if I get sick. There is a reason why Australia, Sweden, Great Britain, France, and many other countries in the world have better economic situations than the U.S. right now and that is because these governments not only provide healthcare, but provide a LIVING minimum wage! Stop demonizing the damn poor and recognize that the best parasite exists without being noticed (i.e. corporations). This whole election cycle is disgusting and painful for me to watch. I am truly embarrassed by the fact that a man running for president can discount 47% of the population in a speech and STILL have a chance to be president. Everyone needs to get their heads out of their asses!

No, actually, from going through all your recent posts, you didn't. If, I have mananged to have missed it, please prove me wrong by bringing it up and I will apologize. If not, please kindly admit that you don't ever go into threads where Repuplicans do shitting things and speak out against them.

I went all the way back to April in your posts, looking, then searched your posts using all the key words, and the closest I have been able to come up with is in the Democratic National Convention thread you stated that some republicans were distancing themselves from Todd Akin. You did not say if you were one of those republicans or why what he said is bad and not a reflection of the republican party.

But I'm open to being wrong, so feel free to link me to a post you made IN a thread about Todd Akin saying you thought he was wrong.

crickets20chirpingjpg1.gif?w=273&h=300

Jericho, after you prove me wrong in the other post and show where you went to a Todd Akin thread to talk bad about him, please get to this one. Pretty please?

Also, I will give him a tad bit of credit, usually jericho answers questions by a giving non-answers or answering a question that wasn't even asked. He has not done that yet in this thread. :clap: Makes these threads so much easier when you just give a straight answer.

I will retract my wording slightly. He might not cut taxes to the rich (since they are already at historic lows), but he for sure won't raise them. The key point is he doesn't want to put the wealthy in a place where they might be hesitant to spend/expand/hire.

I am sure at some point Romney said he would lower their taxes. After all, he cannot form a firm opinion on anything.

The wealthy are paying the lowest taxes in history and they are reluctant to spend/expand/hire. Real studies and real history find that tax rates on the wealthy have nothing to do with those actions.

You have a wealthy man (Romney) telling you basically that under the lowest tax rates in history he has fired and outsourced jobs rather than creating them--but just leave them low and maybe lower them more, and then he will start creating jobs. Pinky swear.

I guess you have the right to believe that swill but it is inherently illogical.

Those were not in a thread devoted to Todd Akin or any of the other threads where Republicans said stupid stuff.

The question was, why don't you go to threads about republicans saying shitting things and show us that rational republicans don't support that sort of stuff. You then claimed you did go to threads like that, but your links show that you actually didn't. Those were in a thread about the DNC.

So, since you cannot even find a thread that is only about Todd Akin or a republican doing a stupid, offensive thing where you went and said, hey this is wrong and I don't support it, I think you need to admit I was right when I said that you have never gone to one of the threads about Todd Akin or any republican who said something stupid about rape and spoke up against there actions.

So Mitt's plan is to help the rich and hope that they help the poor? He has no actual plans to help poor people.

In Jericho's links, I saw this:

"Be honest with yourself. None of Mitt's jokes have even been close to being as poor taste as that. The one to the unemployed was in poor taste though."

and this:

"I've read a lot of that thread. I think what he said was stupid. Does it reflect the whole GOP? No."

The first one is irrelevant to Akin and he is passing off Romney's insults as "joking" as usual. The second one could mean that Akin is wrong but it is hardly a firm denouncing. Compare it to the strong language Jericho used when Obama said that small business owners do not build their own roads and schools.

So Mitt's plan is to help the rich and hope that they help the poor? He has no actual plans to help poor people.

See, he plans to tax the poor to help the rich, and then the rich will finally start caring. I guess.

Jericho claimed this:

I voiced that recently on the todd akin thread somewhere, but I guess you missed that.

Which is a lie. He can't even show where he recently went to a Todd Akin thread. Also, both are those comments are in response to me bringing up the shitting things republicans said. Jericho, as I originally stated, has never gone to a thread about republicans and said their actions were wrong.

Those were not in a thread devoted to Todd Akin or any of the other threads where Republicans said stupid stuff.

The question was, why don't you go to threads about republicans saying shitting things and show us that rational republicans don't support that sort of stuff. You then claimed you did go to threads like that, but your links show that you actually didn't. Those were in a thread about the DNC.

So, since you cannot even find a thread that is only about Todd Akin or a republican doing a stupid, offensive thing where you went and said, hey this is wrong and I don't support it, I think you need to admit I was right when I said that you have never gone to one of the threads about Todd Akin or any republican who said something stupid about rape and spoke up against there actions.

Cut the crap. I go to enough threads the way it is. I do not have the time to comment as much as you people do. Plus, what thread other than the Akin thread has dealt with offensive republicans? If I missed some I'm sorry, but it seems to me I have commented in almost all political threads lately. This is really a petty argument.

Jericho claimed this:

I voiced that recently on the todd akin thread somewhere, but I guess you missed that.

Which is a lie. He can't even show where he recently went to a Todd Akin thread. Also, both are those comments are in response to me bringing up the shitting things republicans said. Jericho, as I originally stated, has never gone to a thread about republicans and said their actions were wrong.

I thought it was a Todd Akin thread. Turns out it was somewhere in the DNC thread. SO WHAT? Give me a break, this is nonsense.

In Jericho's links, I saw this:

"Be honest with yourself. None of Mitt's jokes have even been close to being as poor taste as that. The one to the unemployed was in poor taste though."

and this:

"I've read a lot of that thread. I think what he said was stupid. Does it reflect the whole GOP? No."

The first one is irrelevant to Akin and he is passing off Romney's insults as "joking" as usual. The second one could mean that Akin is wrong but it is hardly a firm denouncing. Compare it to the strong language Jericho used when Obama said that small business owners do not build their own roads and schools.

See, he plans to tax the poor to help the rich, and then the rich will finally start caring. I guess.

I FIRMLY DENOUNCE WHAT TODD AKIN SAID!!!!!!

I FIRMLY DENOUNCE WHAT TODD AKIN SAID!!!!!!

But the people you want in power don't. The RNC withdrew funding because Akin has lost all chances of winning, and all of the Republican criticism I have seen focuses not on Akin's comment itself so much as the fact that it was a bad political move or that he said legitimate instead of forcible when that does not change the message in any meaningful way. Many, many Republicans have come out in favor of Akin and seem to be crapping themselves with glee.

But the people you want in power don't. The RNC withdrew funding because Akin has lost all chances of winning, and all of the Republican criticism I have seen focuses not on Akin's comment itself so much as the fact that it was a bad political move or that he said legitimate instead of forcible when that does not change the message in any meaningful way. Many, many Republicans have come out in favor of Akin and seem to be crapping themselves with glee.

There is no way you can base voting for someone on every single quote that has ever been made and seeing if they agree with it or not. So Akin got a lot of press. I'm willing to bet that someone you have voted for has agreed with some lame brain statement somewhere, someplace, by someone that you whole heartily disagree with. There is no perfect candidate.

There is no way you can base voting for someone on every single quote that has ever been made and seeing if they agree with it or not. So Akin got a lot of press. I'm willing to bet that someone you have voted for has agreed with some lame brain statement somewhere, someplace, by someone that you whole heartily disagree with. There is no perfect candidate.

I would not vote for a candidate who believes that rape prevents pregnancy, nor for someone who supports that as a legitimate belief. Because I feel strongly about not being raped. :roll:

Romney is so far from a perfect candidate--I don't think he has ever taken a clear and nonoffensive stance on anything. How do you feel about the fact that we won't be able to get a missile shield due to his comments about Russia? We will need it if he is elected, because he obviously only has foreign policy skills in pissing people off.

Archived