IGNORED

As Usual - Islamaphobia in the South

Anxious Girl

Not in my life. Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY in the'60s and '70s. I actually had 2 Muslim friends (twin girls) who were viewed as normal but "other", like Asians and some African Americans. There was not a lot of diversity where I lived (mostly Jewish and Irish and Italian Catholics) but what little there was was kind of no big deal. They played on the street and they ate in our home and I ate in theirs (my family and most other Jewish families were kosher, so that eliminated a lot of food issues). It just was not an issue.

"Hatred toward the God of the Bible (Jesus) is the great unifier of abortion, homosexuality, and Islam," said the release.

Idiot. Has he not read Surah Maryam?

"Hatred toward God and the nation He made great – America, is the platform of the DNC."
Really? I had no idea. At what point during the DNC do they start bashing God and the USA?

It's pretty bad. Just had a customer rant on and on to the manager of my store the other day about the ebil Muslims trying to destroy us. We have also had to hide our copies of the Qur'an behind the counter because another customer, about a year ago, threatened to burn them. I also hear relatives bitch about the evil Muslims. Years ago, these same relatives bitched about the Jews trying to take over the country.

Idiot. Has he not read Surah Maryam?

Really? I had no idea. At what point during the DNC do they start bashing God and the USA?

Oh, and that Isa guy in the Quran? The one revered as a prophet? Pretty sure he's Jesus. Fun fact: Mary, his mother, is mentioned more times in the Quran than in the Bible.

It's pretty bad. Just had a customer rant on and on to the manager of my store the other day about the ebil Muslims trying to destroy us. We have also had to hide our copies of the Qur'an behind the counter because another customer, about a year ago, threatened to burn them. I also hear relatives bitch about the evil Muslims. Years ago, these same relatives bitched about the Jews trying to take over the country.

Being purely speculative here but this person would probably have a heart attack if someone burned a Bible. I say this because I know Christians like this and they can’t seem to grasp the hypocrisy. They actively criticize and persecute other religions yet they go onto cry persecution when someone objects to enforcing Christianity. I don’t understand why people just can’t keep their hatred to themselves.

I went to middle school and high school in the south in a school that was about 97% white protestants. The minorities were a tiny handful of Jews, one or two black students, and a small group of middle eastern and Indian students. As far as I can tell there wasn't a lot of out and out bigotry but more microagressions towards minorities. One student's last name was Hussein and he had to often tell people he wasn't related to Sadam any more than someone with the last name of Simpson was related to OJ simpson.

I think the islamophobia was a direct result of the September 11th attacks.

Being purely speculative here but this person would probably have a heart attack if someone burned a Bible. I say this because I know Christians like this and they can’t seem to grasp the hypocrisy. They actively criticize and persecute other religions yet they go onto cry persecution when someone objects to enforcing Christianity. I don’t understand why people just can’t keep their hatred to themselves.

That's true, people like that don't get the hypocrisy of crying about persecution when people don't want to enforce Christianity, yet they persecute other religions. That also includes viewing Sikhs as Muslims, when those are completely different religions. Another fun fact is that the name Barack is actually found in the Old Testament, which Christians consider to be part of the Bible, yet some still think it's an Islamic name.

Archived