IGNORED

OK, let's do this... Mitt Romney at the RNC. USA! USA!

Guest AudreyParker

All I took away from the convention footage I watched (and I am quoting my own self from another thread) is that the Romneys look, to me, like Purell is a regular part of foreplay for them. a marital aid, in fact.

just between us, I am deeply concerned that Mittens is going to give Obama a real run for his money, and I keep wondering how this happened. HOW?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I took away from the convention footage I watched (and I am quoting my own self from another thread) is that the Romneys look, to me, like Purell is a regular part of foreplay for them. a marital aid, in fact.

just between us, I am deeply concerned that Mittens is going to give Obama a real run for his money, and I keep wondering how this happened. HOW?

I'm worried about this election too. As to how this happened; to quote Bill Clinton, "It's the economy, stupid." Obama didn't create the mess, but he'll be blamed for not fixing it quickly enough.

I am so sick of hearing this crap about how Ann raised 5 boys, blah blah blah. So what? Women (and men of course) all over the world have raised more children with less income and help than she has. My own grandmother raised 5 children by herself while working multiple jobs just to put food on the table. She was an amazing, strong, independent woman and the rock that held our family together. She passed away 4 years ago and is greatly missed by all of us. Ann Romney with her money and hired help couldn't hold a candle to her. Newsflash Romneys, the majority of Americans cannot afford to live the way you live. Many are just barely scraping by. So until you can come up with a reasonable solution to this problem, kindly STFU about gays and abortions and birth control.

This. My grandma was also one who raised 6 boys with less income and help than Ann Romney had, and on my mom's side, my maternal grandma raised 3 girls on her own after her husband died in a car accident when my mom was a toddler. She raised my mom and aunts on a teacher's salary without any help from anyone. Neither grandmother could afford hired help, as my grandpa on my dad's side was a teacher and a principal, and my grandma raised those 6 boys on a teacher's salary. One of those boys was gay, and because of my grandparents' Catholic beliefs, he died of alcoholism because if he came out, my grandparents would have cut him out of their lives.

Ann's husband was the one laying off people when his company closed places and sent those jobs overseas, so those families had to figure out how to make ends meet, something Ann has no idea about. Those families to begin with, didn't even have hired help, as those jobs were going to pay the mortgage or rent, as well as feeding children.

Now you mention it... the evil capitalist exploitation of Bain capital was a good thing. The many investments you made, for your own monetary benefit, does outweigh the hundreds of jobs that you cut and the people you fired!!

And why is nobody mentioning that Bain & Co, under Mittens, needed and received a bailout from the Federal govt. to keep from going under?

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... y-20120829

This. My grandma was also one who raised 6 boys with less income and help than Ann Romney had, and on my mom's side, my maternal grandma raised 3 girls on her own after her husband died in a car accident when my mom was a toddler. She raised my mom and aunts on a teacher's salary without any help from anyone. Neither grandmother could afford hired help, as my grandpa on my dad's side was a teacher and a principal, and my grandma raised those 6 boys on a teacher's salary. One of those boys was gay, and because of my grandparents' Catholic beliefs, he died of alcoholism because if he came out, my grandparents would have cut him out of their lives.

Ann's husband was the one laying off people when his company closed places and sent those jobs overseas, so those families had to figure out how to make ends meet, something Ann has no idea about. Those families to begin with, didn't even have hired help, as those jobs were going to pay the mortgage or rent, as well as feeding children.

Well said, BoomerLynn and ADoyle. I give a lot of credit to your grandmothers and other women in similar situations. Ann Romney will never be in touch with most of America. Something about her really turns me off. If I had to choose between having coffee with her or Laura Bush. I would go with Laura. On a related side note, there are rumors buzzing around that the youngest son Craig is a closeted gay man. I have bad gaydar, but something about Craig pings to me.

$22.50 is what I made per hour before I was laid off. My company had 4 CFO's in the last 2 years before I was laid off so I knew it was coming but my boss jumped ship and I stayed around to help pick up the pieces. The place closed down a few months after I and about 30 others were let go. I now make $9.00 per hour and work part time. Honestly I'm happier with just the nine because of the better hours and mindlessness of my current job. My 401K is with ING, one of the few companies that didn't get bailed out. Oh and my 401K is about 2/3 of what it was. I don't even want to vote this year.

One thing I wondered about though, if Romney evaded paying taxes, he did it legally under the current administrations tax laws. I remember Obama campaigning about tax reform and then didn't follow through on it. Obama has been in office over 3 years, so how can he bitch about Romney's taxes? Not that I'm a fan of Romney though - I'm just surprised no one at the RNC picked up on this.

Well said, BoomerLynn and ADoyle. I give a lot of credit to your grandmothers and other women in similar situations. Ann Romney will never be in touch with most of America. Something about her really turns me off. If I had to choose between having coffee with her or Laura Bush. I would go with Laura. On a related side note, there are rumors buzzing around that the youngest son Craig is a closeted gay man. I have bad gaydar, but something about Craig pings to me.

I get irritated whenever Ann talks about when she and Mitt began dating, and what a super great guy he still is. I think it's great that their marriage (any marriage, really) lasts 40+ years, but the way she gushes about him is weird for a 63 year old woman. And she brings it up every time she talks. Kinda reminds me of Pioneer Woman, that lady who makes all those lovingly hearty meals for the big strong menfolk in her life.

I didn't know if I was going to vote in November because I attend university out of the country and my state is very likely to be blue anyway but after all this RNC insanity, I know I have to fill out that absentee ballot application. Just in case. Plus, I don't want Linda McMahon to be my senator.

I'll be crying if they win but this year has been a shit show for the Republican party. Entertaining to watch but scary as fuck to think of such idiotic people leading the country.

I didn't know if I was going to vote in November because I attend university out of the country and my state is very likely to be blue anyway but after all this RNC insanity, I know I have to fill out that absentee ballot application. Just in case. Plus, I don't want Linda McMahon to be my senator.

I'll be crying if they win but this year has been a shit show for the Republican party. Entertaining to watch but scary as fuck to think of such idiotic people leading the country.

Truth. The amount of money she's spent to try and buy herself a Senate seat is disgusting. I would be so embarrassed if she won.

Archived