IGNORED

Maxwell House New Years Eve

johnhugh

I've seen a few mentions on here, that they spend a whole evening on New Years Eve - not getting pissed like the rest of us, but crying. :roll: Someone posted earlier that Teri found it a sin to cry when she got a bad back after sweat fellowship chores. I've looked at a few Dec/Jan blogs and "corners" but nothing. Have I had an obsestional funny sick dream that they do wail for an eveninng?

A few years ago, they spent New Years crying and praying for all the sinners....

Well..it didn't work. My hangover was fucking ungodly.

I don't remember if that's what they do or not. Their crazy mixes with the crazy of others for big events/days.

This past NYE I was sick and asleep by 10pm after a night of worldy movies while lying in bed and taking drugs. I'm sure the movies and drugs made me just as much of a sinner as those partying.

I covet their prayers though. It makes me happy to think of someone thinking of ME! Maybe I should sin more (if it's possible) just to be prayed for!

Well..it didn't work. My hangover was fucking ungodly.

LOL I think mine lasted for two days :mrgreen:

I know I sounds sick, but it would be so funny to spend a fly on the wall on one of those evenings...

LOL I think mine lasted for two days :mrgreen:

I know I sounds sick, but it would be so funny to spend a fly on the wall on one of those evenings...

Only with several bottles of wine in tow.

A drinking game...any time they mention diligence, blessings, delight, sinners or death...take a drink.

Being smashed by 9pm might help make an early night of it.

Only with several bottles of wine in tow.

A drinking game...any time they mention diligence, blessings, delight, sinners or death...take a drink.

Being smashed by 9pm might help make an early night of it.

I don't think that would be a problem, I am sure that the Maxwells are in bed by eight.

Guest Anonymous
I found the New Year's prayer fest on a Dad's Corner. Here it is:

.titus2.com/corners/dads-corner/fire-fire.html]

ETA: It's from the March 2005 Dad's Corner.

We prayed for two and a half hours and ushered in the New Year in a grand and glorious fashion. Previous New Year's Eves we have played board games, but they did not compare with this last one. Our hearts were so blessed as we prayed while weeping, praying Scripture, and praying through song. We cried out as a family to our Lord Jesus regarding many areas, and the souls of our neighbors were high on the list. “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart†(Jeremiah 29:13).

One of the things we prayed for was that God would help us to see the eminent danger of the hell-fire our neighbors are facing. We prayed for the ability of almost being able to picture hell and the suffering of those in it. We wanted our hearts to be even more broken for those who don't believe on Jesus. “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God†(John 3:18). We desired to feel an urgency in sharing Jesus Christ so that none in our neighborhood would be lost.

Mary was 9, Jesse was 11. IMO, it was clear-cut abuse. :(

I wonder if their neighbors know how they feel about them? :?

I wonder if their neighbors know how they feel about them? :?

I kinda wonder that too. Unless you're already running in certain fundie homeschooling circles (or a random gawker on the internet like myself, I guess!) their name isn't really known. So they'd be a family with bunch of kids who dress weirdly matchy-matchy and don't seem to have jobs outside the house really, who are obviously some sort of Jesus-freaks/missionaries because (1) they're always leaving to go trips in their huge tour bus that says "JESUS" on the back, and (2) they pray outside around the bus before leaving on trips. Oh yeah, and they hand out tracts when they go caroling at Xmas. Their kids are so sheltered that they wouldn't have had friends in the neighborhood, certainly not from the local schools but also no contacts from the Y or the library or anything like that either.

I would imagine they're just sorta tolerated but thought of as odd. I know if I lived near them I'd just be avoiding them to not have them preach at me constantly. If it were next door, well, I suppose they could see me reading heathen secular books and drinking beer on the porch at the weekend, but I suspect if they weren't actively praying for my soul (thanks, but no thanks, really) they'd avoid me. I suppose if I felt like "saving" people the way they do I could go to their house and start explaining to them about real science, I wonder how they'd like THAT turnaround hm?

Are these the same neighbors who attend baby showers and cookouts at Chez Maxwell?

Excellent question. Those neighbors all seemed to be older women. I don't know if that's an accurate cross-section of their neighborhood but I can easily imagine it isn't, and those are the closest thing to "friends" that the Maxwell parents have, and so were invited over from an actually somewhat larger area. There's probably plenty of people on their street who wouldn't come over to a Maxwell gig because either they would never be invited or if they were, would suspect what they'd be in for (see above) and so just politely decline.

ETA: This has me wondering if there are evolution or other science-educational tracts out there, drawn in the usual comic style with the twist reveal and all that. A quick google for "evolution tract" only shows me ANTI-evolution garbage on the first few pages, but I'll need to look further...

ETA: This has me wondering if there are evolution or other science-educational tracts out there, drawn in the usual comic style with the twist reveal and all that. A quick google for "evolution tract" only shows me ANTI-evolution garbage on the first few pages, but I'll need to look further...

That could be fun if you find some.

I think New Year's Eve was our best prayer time yet. We prayed for two and a half hours and ushered in the New Year in a grand and glorious fashion. Previous New Year's Eves we have played board games, but they did not compare with this last one. Our hearts were so blessed as we prayed while weeping, praying Scripture, and praying through song. We cried out as a family to our Lord Jesus regarding many areas, and the souls of our neighbors were high on the list. “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart†(Jeremiah 29:13).

I don't drink alcohol but I'd sooner drink on New Year's Eve, or any night, than pray for 2 1/2 hours.

I don't drink alcohol but I'd sooner drink on New Year's Eve, or any night, than pray for 2 1/2 hours.

I don't drink either - but I think I would need to start drinking if I had to face a 2 1/2 hour prayer session.

I don't drink either - but I think I would need to start drinking if I had to face a 2 1/2 hour prayer session.

Just reading about it honestly makes me want a drink...

If you were a Maxwell neighbor, it might not matter if you tell them you're already a born-again Christian. They'll probably start in on how you're not "truly saved" or a "real Christian" because you wear pants, work part-time in a bank, send your kids to public school, put up a Christmas tree every year, and play in your church's charity softball league.

If you were a Maxwell neighbor, it might not matter if you tell them you're already a born-again Christian. They'll probably start in on how you're not "truly saved" or a "real Christian" because you wear pants, work part-time in a bank, send your kids to public school, put up a Christmas tree every year, and play in your church's charity softball league.

If I were a Maxwell neighbor, I'd do my absolute best to ignore their existence. Enough so that they'd never know the state of my soul or my life. Let them waste their time praying for me, it's not my problem. I'd be happily living my life despite the cult next door.

If they pushed, I'd push back, oh yes. Biggest Christmas tree ever, Clark Griswold lights on the house, a giant, blow-up Easter Bunny in spring, parties in the back yard with lots of fun and laughter and entertainment. I wouldn't ever engage. I'd only live my life large to show them their prayers ain't working but hey, if that's how they want to spend their time, have at it.

If I were a Maxwell neighbor, I'd do my absolute best to ignore their existence. Enough so that they'd never know the state of my soul or my life. Let them waste their time praying for me, it's not my problem. I'd be happily living my life despite the cult next door.

If they pushed, I'd push back, oh yes. Biggest Christmas tree ever, Clark Griswold lights on the house, a giant, blow-up Easter Bunny in spring, parties in the back yard with lots of fun and laughter and entertainment. I wouldn't ever engage. I'd only live my life large to show them their prayers ain't working but hey, if that's how they want to spend their time, have at it.

OMG, wouldn't giant blow-up Santas and Bunnies be great if you were their next door neighbor? And back yard egg hunts! Oh, and Halloween decorations! Lots and lots of Halloween decorations. :twisted:

Oh, to be a Maxwell neighbor. Outdoor parties every weekend with secular music played loud enough for them to hear....

Completely agree. It's a really messed up, brainwashy thing to terrify your kids like that.

OMG, wouldn't giant blow-up Santas and Bunnies be great if you were their next door neighbor? And back yard egg hunts! Oh, and Halloween decorations! Lots and lots of Halloween decorations. :twisted:

I like the way you ladies think. I would also be willing to tan in the back yard in a bikini, even though I hate wearing bikinis. Anything for the cause.

I like the way you ladies think. I would also be willing to tan in the back yard in a bikini, even though I hate wearing bikinis. Anything for the cause.

Those reversal boys would suddenly find lots of chores in the backyard that needed doing. And, who knows, maybe the girls would too!

Oh, to be a Maxwell neighbor. Outdoor parties every weekend with secular music played loud enough for them to hear....

Completely agree. It's a really messed up, brainwashy thing to terrify your kids like that.

This is the kind of stuff you hear cults doing.

Archived