IGNORED

Does "family camping trip" = "we are now homeless"? (merged)

Koala

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been letting idiotic comments through on the blog lately. They make themselves look stupid, not me.

From her twitter... It's beyond word... Will she understand something, one day ? :angry-banghead:

Her complete lifestyle rehauls are pretty indicative of bipolar disorder to me. It also explains her cyclic depression. Im not a psychiatrist but i have bipolar disorder myself.

Good friend of mine who suffers from BPD also has cycles and mania and flip flopping like this. :(

From her twitter... It's beyond word... Will she understand something, one day ? :angry-banghead:

Ooooh is Brandy butt hurt again? What a speshul snowflake.

ETA: No Brandy you are not suddenly nutz, you have been diagnosable for years.

Now I don't see any comments at all.

Yes, they have been deleted... She really hasn't a thick skin :lol:

I guess we are on the way to a new flounce :roll:

Brandi, every time you make a drastic change you decide everything you did before is wrong. Has it occurred to you that what you are doing right now will someday be a thing you look back on with regret? The only consistency in your life if that you are consistently mentall ill. Your daughters have a consistently miserable life with a consistent lack of stability.

Everyone around you except for a husband that you acknowledge has his own issues thinks you are seriously screwed up. Consider that perhaps the entire planet is right and you two are wrong.

No use beating yourself up for the past. Decide today to move forward.

1. Call your local mental health agency and begin getting treatment.

2. Put the girls in school/preschool. Whatever you think about it, they will have less to deal with there than in your home.

3. Get a job and start thinking about what you want to do with your life in terms of training and/or education.

4. Encourage your husband to do the same.

5. Stop blaming others and waiting for someone else to be your leader. Be your own leader. TCB. Your kids deserve it.

Yes, they have been deleted... She really hasn't a thick skin :lol:

I guess we are on the way to a new flounce :roll:

Ok I'm gonna make a prediction. Brandy will lock down her blog before Labor Day. It will be reopened when winter is upon NH and Brandy and Jason have gotten into a huge fight with his family. Brandy will claim that snow camping is an integrated part of their homeschooling program when they are again homeless. Oh I also predict she'll be knocked up by the end of the year.

FWIW I have a friend with BPD, the mother of his kids has BPD, and he's really been responsible about intervening with his children's mental health issues. Since Brandy is paddling her canoe down the river of denial, I don't think she is the least bit concerned about what may be in store for her girls own down the line.

They haven't learned or changed anything. They're with Jason's family because they have no fucking choice. If/when Jason gets another grocery store job, they'll think they're blessed and be on their way. Once they are not destitute, they'll be off buying piercing supplies and video games and living in a trailer that should probably be condemned.

Unless they get real help - both of them - they'll spin in circles as always. A week after being with those who are paying the bills for them she is already on the defensive. They have no intention at all of actually mending relationships or changing their lives. They are merely buying time until they can be persecuted, poor Christians again.

Their children are still suffering and will suffer even more when their extended family is removed from their lives yet again. At least until they are homeless and poor again and need to run home to the family to save their stupid, selfish, stubborn, ignorant asses.

I want to take those girls and give them a real life. Even in my one bedroom apartment they'd 'have' more than they'll ever have with their parents. Sleeping on an air mattress in the living room means nothing if you have stability, school, friends, regular family interaction, food, medical attention, psychological help, consistency, trust and respect.

No big surprise but her homeschool curriculum looks like a disaster. Why on earth would she be teaching science with Vision Forum DVD's when she claims not to believe half the crap they propose? Oh right, because they own them from one of her other incarnations.

They haven't learned or changed anything. They're with Jason's family because they have no fucking choice. If/when Jason gets another grocery store job, they'll think they're blessed and be on their way. Once they are not destitute, they'll be off buying piercing supplies and video games and living in a trailer that should probably be condemned.

Unless they get real help - both of them - they'll spin in circles as always. A week after being with those who are paying the bills for them she is already on the defensive. They have no intention at all of actually mending relationships or changing their lives. They are merely buying time until they can be persecuted, poor Christians again.

Their children are still suffering and will suffer even more when their extended family is removed from their lives yet again. At least until they are homeless and poor again and need to run home to the family to save their stupid, selfish, stubborn, ignorant asses.

I want to take those girls and give them a real life. Even in my one bedroom apartment they'd 'have' more than they'll ever have with their parents. Sleeping on an air mattress in the living room means nothing if you have stability, school, friends, regular family interaction, food, medical attention, psychological help, consistency, trust and respect.

This^.

Brandy's life wont get any better until she stops blaming others for her own cock ups and she gets some help for her own mental health issues. Until then she'll just keep cycling between one fad and another, wearing out her welcome with relatives, screwing up her kids and spending what little money they have on crap they don't need.

Brandy, several members of FJ reached out their hand to you in friendship. If you had any sense at all you would have taken it.

Brandy needs to come to terms with the fact that she has been a Bad Mother. It's the only way to move on and make a change. My favorite song lyric ever is "How many fates turn around in the overtime."

It is not too late until it is. Find your power, make the change. Only you can do it.

Language/spelling/writing will come naturally through stories and poems she writes and books she reads

Sorry Brandy, it's not that simple, you need some formal lessons too...

She is so uneducated, how could she home-schooled her daughters properly ?? :(

Sorry Brandy, it's not that simple, you need some formal lessons too...

She is so uneducated, how could she home-schooled her daughters properly ?? :(

That statement clarified it for me, too: Brandy absolutely doesn't get it. I speak from experience: I'm an editor for a living, and for 5 years I homeschooled my daughter, who also happens to have a talent (and passion) for writing. I thought teaching her English would be a breeze. Nope; just the opposite. She was good at it, so she actually needed more--not less--structured training in grammar and usage. We ended up using a bunch of different resources along with a few hardcore grammar programs, but yeah: it was serious work.

I feel so sad for Brandy's girls. Right now the best place for them is in school, but Brandy's own pride won't allow her to give her daughters what they need and deserve. Whatever her bad judgment is based in--ignorance, mental illness, philosophical delusion--the net result is the same: her girls lose. The timing is even perfect, given it's the start of a school year, and they're new to the area; having kids in school is a great way to get oriented in a new community. But No. Once again her pride wins, and her children lose.

We live in Houston and almost everyone we know works and oil and gas.

Here's the low down:

1) You will almost never get hired unless you already know someone on the job site. One more thing if you do know someone working on the job site they will get a hefty bonus for getting you hired. The minimum is 500 bucks but can be much higher.

2) If you don't have experience working outdoors they don't want you unless you have a science or engineering background or work as a computer programmer.

3) Any period of unemployment lasting longer than three months and they will not hire you, unless you have a very good explanation. They will hire someone from Taco Bell before taking on someone with a long history of unemployment.

4) If you have a history of filing workman's comp claims for wages lasting more than a few days, they will not hire you.

5) It's very expensive to train people for those jobs they want their investment to pay off.

6) Most people that live in man camps work several weeks at a time and go home. I know of two different schedules one six weeks on six weeks off. Another is three weeks on one week off.

Man of those working in man camps live in the Houston area. They just come home on there downtime. They absolutely are not going to hire some guy who plays video games all day. What they are looking for is people with computer experience, anyone with science degrees, small engine repair people, welders, truck drivers, auto repair guys, fabricators, former factory workers, etc. So if you can fix stuff, do anything with computers, or have any type of science background they want you. The qualifications are loose but it really isn't a we will take anyone situation.

I think it's sad that Brandy's children are just accessories for whatever lifestyle Brandy chooses. Brandy wants to think of herself as a homeschooler, so the girls will be homeschooled, no matter how sub-par their education is, no matter how detrimental it is to them.

I feel bad for those babies. :(

Her eldest, Gabriella, seems to be very intelligent, she appears to be an avid reader and willing to learn a lot, what a waste to not educate her properly :cry:

She also seems to be very sensitive and she must suffer a lot of their situation...

I find heartbreaking to know that it's her, a 8 1/2 yo who had to ask her parents to stop unschooling because she feels the need of more structure :(

Hannah is not 4 yet, so the damage is not the same and I don't know if she is as smart as her sister, but I feel so bad for those girls...

I'm a very dedicated mother to my children, even if they go to school (home-schooling is extremely rare in France, I have never known anyone doing it) and I don't understand her self rightness about home education when she clearly does a bad job at it.

I do a lot more things with my 3 children even if they go to school full time and I work 4 days a week !

Of course she has !

That is the next step after deleting the comments :lol:

The lady doesn't handle well criticism you know :roll:

Stand by for the next incarnation. Heaven help those poor little girls. It's heartbreaking that they have to go through this.

Either she was fielding a bunch of rude comments, and/or she was reading here and getting upset about the criticism. I did see some of the comments on her blog before she turned commenting off, and while I agreed with what some of them had to say, the tone was really harsh and rude. Not that those people don't have the right to put their words however they want, but it's not how I would have chosen to go about it if I really wanted her to listen to me.

Anyhow, it might mean that she is still reading here. If we can help her somehow by offering advice, she might actually pay attention to it, though we may never know if she actually takes it. Until she starts a new blog, anyway.

Either she was fielding a bunch of rude comments, and/or she was reading here and getting upset about the criticism. I did see some of the comments on her blog before she turned commenting off, and while I agreed with what some of them had to say, the tone was really harsh and rude. Not that those people don't have the right to put their words however they want, but it's not how I would have chosen to go about it if I really wanted her to listen to me.

Anyhow, it might mean that she is still reading here. If we can help her somehow by offering advice, she might actually pay attention to it, though we may never know if she actually takes it. Until she starts a new blog, anyway.

I agree that one or 2 of the comments was over the top. That said, I don't think FJ can be put in the position of helping a homeless, mentally unstable couple that none of us know IRL. No one here is qualified for that, and even if they were I don't think Brandy is necessarily going to have a light bulb moment and suddenly listen to reason...her problems go much deeper than that. If she gleans anything from FJ it will be that she needs to seek help. That help will not be found here. JMO.

Archived