IGNORED

Does "family camping trip" = "we are now homeless"? (merged)

Koala

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why anyone would camp in this extreme heat she mentions...it must be pretty miserable. She doesn't mention if they are at a campsite with showers and bathrooms or are 'roughing it"

In all my years of camping I never rushed into a town to use their library and internet.

I'm truly sorry if they are homeless and eating nonorganic hotdogs. I hope they find a permanent living situation soon.

I wonder where they're camping, if they're in West Virginia or what. They're really living the now, aren't they?

In all my years of camping I never rushed into a town to use their library and internet.

I'm truly sorry if they are homeless and eating nonorganic hotdogs. I hope they find a permanent living situation soon.

Guess they are over being vegan too. I hoe they find someplace out of the woods to live.

Yeah, I'm thinking vegan and homeless aren't an easy combo. I feel so sorry for those kids. I can't imagine how scary this must be for them.

I'm surprised Brandy or Jason's family hasn't stepped in by now because it's clear that there is mental illness going on with their erratic choices and decisions. It's to a point where it's beyond sad it's reckless I really hope someone steps in for the sake of those kids.

I'm surprised Brandy or Jason's family hasn't stepped in by now because it's clear that there is mental illness going on with their erratic choices and decisions. It's to a point where it's beyond sad it's reckless I really hope someone steps in for the sake of those kids.

This.

Me too. I really really feel for their kids. Vegan ! NOT vegan! Dreadlocks! no no ! skirts only! no no ! lets buy 50 lbs of wheat kernels!!!

I really hope Brandy gets the help she needs because it seems like she's.... not well. :(

It looks like it. It's probably been sold that way to the kids. "Look kids, we're going on an extended camping holiday!"

I really hope they find somewhere soon and that Brandy gets help. This is no good for her or her kids.

The only vegan marshmallows currently on the market that I know of are the small sized ones, not really fit for roasting. There used to be another company that made big ones, but they were weird and grainy because they used some kind of hippie sugar, and they quit making them. I doubt they could afford $4/bag marshmallows and I have no idea what vegan hot dogs run because hot dogs are gross anyhow, but I'm sure they're equally beyond the means of people who are homeless because they've spent all their money on body modifications and wheat berries.

If they really are homeless, what happened to all those wheat berries? Did they take them along in their (unregistered, un-roadworthy) van?

If they really are homeless, what happened to all those wheat berries? Did they take them along in their (unregistered, un-roadworthy) van?

She said she sold some things to registered the van and "fix" it. I'm guessing it was the wheat berries.

This makes me so sad. Any way to help?

I'm sure she'll take your money. Try emailing her. She will claim it's a blessing from the lord :roll:

Exactly. Throwing money at this situation will not help. Brandy and Co. need a long term plan and mental health intervention. This is not a temporary problem that they have - it's the result of many long term problems that have never been addressed.

Would making a phone call to Child Services do anything because Brandy and Jason have taken it to the extreme and are clearly mentally ill. I worry about what will happen to those girls once winter hits and they are still "camping". I wonder if Jason or Brand's family is even aware of what is going on with their grand daughters and if they would put a stop to it.

I seem to remember from posts a while back (maybe one of the earlier blogs) that Brandy and Jason have cut off their families to some extent. I don't think they are going to ask their families for help if they can get by without doing so.

I seem to remember from posts a while back (maybe one of the earlier blogs) that Brandy and Jason have cut off their families to some extent. I don't think they are going to ask their families for help if they can get by without doing so.

Being homeless is not "getting by"...this isn't even living in a motel or shelter, this is being homeless in every sense of the word. I would assume that they are sleeping in their van, possibly in the woods somewhere (because she called it "camping"). This is sad and dangerous. I hope that the authorities find them and step in and the kids go to the grandparents so the parents can get some much needed help!

Being homeless is not "getting by"...this isn't even living in a motel or shelter, this is being homeless in every sense of the word. I would assume that they are sleeping in their van, possibly in the woods somewhere (because she called it "camping"). This is sad and dangerous. I hope that the authorities find them and step in and the kids go to the grandparents so the parents can get some much needed help!

We've broached this subject before. It's unlikely simply being homeless would be cause for removing their children. Even with sufficient mental health evaluations, it's likely Brandy and Jason's parenting would be questioned but I doubt the kids would be removed.

Archived