IGNORED

Doug Taunts His Mormon Customers

DomWackTroll

...and loses a ton of them, apparently! He also seems to alienate a lot of his fundie fans who feel they must vote for the "lesser of two evils."

This was the first post...

https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/po ... 3542444964

...and when confronted with vehement disagreement, Dougie posted again:

https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/po ... 3571009964

There's just no place more fun in an election year than VF's Facebook page.

I love the way the fundies always say things like "God is in control" or "God selects the leaders anyway" (seen a couple times in the comments) when discussing whether they should sacrifice some of their values and vote Mormon, but then say things like "Obama is the devil himself" or "I'll vote for anyone else, Obama needs to go"- they seem to forget that by their own theory, God selected Obama for the American people.

After doing a fair amount of reading, I'm leaning toward agreeing with Dougie on LDS as non-Christian, but he's an idiot and I'm not voting for R2 because they're dodos.

Mormons aren't supposed to go outside the faith for writings/ideas so, I'd like to know how Mormons even know about VF. How would a faithful Mormon even know VF existed? Mormons are commenting and, quite frankly, it's very surprising to me.

After doing a fair amount of reading, I'm leaning toward agreeing with Dougie on LDS as non-Christian, but he's an idiot and I'm not voting for R2 because they're dodos.

R2 for Romney and Ryan? As in, Radius Squared, with the 2 as a postscript?

Will have to plagiarize that. :lol:

ETA: I shall, of course, hereby refer to Obama and Biden collectively as D2.

So he's not just a tool from our point of view, eh?

Doug, your toolishness (toolosity? tooldom?) knows no bounds!

:D

Mormons aren't supposed to go outside the faith for writings/ideas so, I'd like to know how Mormons even know about VF. How would a faithful Mormon even know VF existed? Mormons are commenting and, quite frankly, it's very surprising to me.

My guess is the Mormons who know about VF and have bought VF stuff, are the type of Mormons who are bit open to hearing about other faiths and getting ideas from from other faiths. There is a Mormon motivational speaker Jason Hall. He is a quadriplegic and he lives in Utah. Jason has admitted to being inspired by other faiths and non-Mormons. He did an interview once with a Catholic radio station. There was another Mormon blogger that I used to follow. This guy hasn't updated his blog in a couple of years. He once talked about meeting a Catholic priest on a airplane, when he was flying to visit his parents. He and the priest talked about theology. The Mormon guy even invited the priest to eat dinner with him and his parents. In a way I'm not surprised that there are some Mormons that know bout VF.

Thank you, DWT! Highly entertaining. Not sure what I like more - the food fight or all the fundie wackjobs who say they're not going to vote at all. Good!

Thank you, DWT! Highly entertaining. Not sure what I like more - the food fight or all the fundie wackjobs who say they're not going to vote at all. Good!

my thoughts exactly!

Um, not true. We can read anything we want. And I do.

I probably found out VF existed the same way many people have. The internetz.

My guess is the Mormons who know about VF and have bought VF stuff, are the type of Mormons who are bit open to hearing about other faiths and getting ideas from from other faiths. There is a Mormon motivational speaker Jason Hall. He is a quadriplegic and he lives in Utah. Jason has admitted to being inspired by other faiths and non-Mormons. He did an interview once with a Catholic radio station. There was another Mormon blogger that I used to follow. This guy hasn't updated his blog in a couple of years. He once talked about meeting a Catholic priest on a airplane, when he was flying to visit his parents. He and the priest talked about theology. The Mormon guy even invited the priest to eat dinner with him and his parents. In a way I'm not surprised that there are some Mormons that know bout VF.

I'm also not surprised that some Mormons do know about VF, as they probably found out about it the way the rest of us did, through the internet. However, Doug the Tool's comments will cause him to lose Mormon customers as they have a very strong persecution complex and go apeshit when someone criticizes their religion. Even those who aren't even practicing anymore get defensive if someone says anything negative about their family's church. It's only in things regarding religious doctrine itself that Mormons are discouraged from using outside sources, including Bibles not published by the church, and while they do use the KJV, it has to be the one published by the Mormon church.

Poor Dougie, the toolshead feels a little more empty now, doesn't it? Don't worry though, even if the shelves are gone you still have the boxes to hold your tools!

I was hoping for a bit more spunk on the FB page and was disappointed so I went to the web site and found this.

VisionForum.com is currently undergoing maintenance. We request your patience with us as we complete this process.

Please check back after 7 PM CST

on Saturday, August 11th. Thank you!

Me thinks once Dougie realizes that he has cu$tumers that are Mormons, he will bite his tongue.

#DougPhillipsIsATool

#$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Me thinks once Dougie realizes that he has cu$tumers that are Mormons, he will bite his tongue.

#DougPhillipsIsATool

#$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I love when greed is a sin, but Doug wants $ so he will have to apologize to his Mormon customers. Apparantly since Dougie is of the true Christian!religiontm, he can get away with the sin of being greedy for cash. I wonder if he uses some of his $ to donate to the homeless and the sick, or if he just donates it to homophobic and patriarchal supporting organizations. (<-Seriously, does he?)

"While the radically anti-bblical policy agenda of President Obama may raise significant questions in the minds of many Christians about the orthodoxy of his claims to being an Evangelical christians, it is also a sign of historic significance to note that if If elected as president, Mitt Romney may be the first president in United States history as a matter of public creed to formally reject the Trinity and Jesus Christ as fully God with the Father and the Holy Spirit." Doug Phillips

Whoever did the facebook post is freaking out going by the typos!

I'm banned from VF facebook, so will somebody please tell the sheeple that they can always vote for Obama if the ebil mormon is an anathema to them?

I can't post on Doug the Tool's FB page because I've been blocked. But I'd tell him that the Trinity is such an important doctrine that (a) Jesus failed to mention it, (b) it doesn't show up first in Greek but in Latin and © only after the middle of the second century. I'd argue that the earliest Christians weren't Trinitarians. However, my mind is open if more evidence comes to the fore. I used to think it could be argued that the earliest Christians didn't see Jesus as God, but after having observed the Chabad Orthodox Jewish group practically make their rebbe into God in less than 20 years, I have to wonder.

Hmm, the interns seem to be leaving quite a few dissenting comments up.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

In other news, the tooliness of doug phillips is now the second auto-fill option when you google his name'.

In other news, the tooliness of doug phillips is now the second auto-fill option when you google his name'.

:happy-wavemulticolor:

Thomas Jefferson was a Unitarian and a Deist, so no, Romney wouldn't be the first one to reject the Trinity. George Washington was also pretty liberal religiously, the same with Patrick Henry and Benjamin Franklin.

From the great debate raging at VF's Facebook page:

This year, you can't be a Christian and remain a Dem, Doug Phillips. Christ has brought you the sword. Choose this day whom you will serve, as Dems endorse deviant worship of the flesh.

Doug Phillips? Deviant worship of the flesh? Love it!

Obama Olympics Doug Phillips Is A Tool Romney Tax Returns Ryan

So if you google 'doug phillips is' and scroll down to this result http://www.peekyou.com/doug_phillips. Click on it and again scroll down to the 'Facts' part.

And there, you will see that Doug Phillips is indeed a Tool. It says so on Peekyou!

dougietool-1.jpg

Archived