IGNORED

Living Sacrifice takes her name a bit too literally

julie paradox

oh dear....

Camilla probably counts as my gateway fundie (and the people I showed her to called CPS, not that it came to anything).

She's now mrse on http://homeschoolblogger.com/

These two latest posts deserve... something, but I'm not sure I know what. :?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I had to poke around the homeschool site a bit to find the blogger in question. Here's a more direct link - homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/

ETA: A quote and some commentary on the crazy.

God is love. God is synonymous with love. If I tell my husband, “I love you,†and I really mean that biblically, I am actually saying “I God you.â€

First off - what the heck? Someone translate this into actual human language, please?

I used to try to love my husband in my own power, and it never worked. I was confused–because all I was doing was what EVERYONE else in the world does. It is the world’s way. But it was always so difficult!. My husband always disappointed me. I always failed and was never able to always be patient, kind, unenvious. I could not always bear all things, endure all things, hope all things. I could never measure up to that I Corinthians 13–it always hung before me like an impossible goal.

That’s because it is impossible–for me. Because God is love… and I can never be God.

Uh, lady? Maybe you should have married someone that you LIKED? Just saying. It's easy for me to love my partner, but if I was having that hard of a time with it I would surely bail. Because I'm a horrible feminist who believes that everyone has a right to pursue some happiness for themselves before they die. Either she mistakes the frustration that it's totally normal to feel sometimes when you live with someone for a lack of love, or she is a big hot mess. Or ... both?

Her July 1st post is creepy creepy creepy. :shock: Not that I haven't heard that verse before. I have never heard it laid out quite so harshly. Basically, we need to be zombies for God!!!

She has a 77 point checklist for being a good wife!!! I can't...even...I just...I don't know what to say about that.

Guest Anonymous

Okay, holy crap. I can't stop reading it now. This woman is like the fundie equivalent of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. As far as I can tell she can't stand her husband, she can't stand her kids, and she especially can't stand herself. I'm sort of hoping that this is some kind of false humility performance art because otherwise? What a lot of miserable human beings. It sounds like she would fit right in with the Maxwells and their patented "Misery is Good For You" philosophy.

And she ends one of her pitiful posts with "My God is good, do you know him?" If her life is as she reports it, why would anyone want to?

Oh, and never forget - women, stay the fuck home, even if you hate it. Because if you have a job, you aren't a good Christian and you are shirking your "true" calling. Nevermind that some women have to work so their kids can eat, I guess. Nope, women work because it's easier! And she's a blessed martyr because she doesn't.

How many of us are going to end our time here on earth and have defaulted on our main calling? Have you missed your main calling? Are you confused because it is easier for you to have a job and go to work–and spend your day with people who are not your true spiritual responsibility?

ETA: HA! Called that one. She's a Maxwell follower. And the Pearls. /Vomit.

Eight or nine years ago, when God dumped me headfirst into godly child training and sent me a tidal wave of information to let me know He was serious about His commandment to raise godly children (that tidal wave included the Pearls, Dr. S.M. Davis, Ted Tripp, Kathy Morrisey, The Maxwell Family, the Mally Family, and more),

Is this that same Camilla that posts over on the Bailey Blog and made herself their personal sycophant?

Or is that Kamilla?

(And is this the same person as Kangamom? I get the really strange ones mixed up.)

Is this that same Camilla that posts over on the Bailey Blog and made herself their personal sycophant?

Or is that Kamilla?

(And is this the same person as Kangamom? I get the really strange ones mixed up.)

No Kamilla the sycophant is unmarried and has no children. She posts on LAF (my online gateway fundies) and I think she's one of the crazier voices over there but no child abuse and zombie-wifeage that I know of.

Guest Anonymous
She has a 77 point checklist for being a good wife!!! I can't...even...I just...I don't know what to say about that.

It reads like a 77 point checklist for how to be a victim of spousal abuse.

Also, she doesn't NEED to like her husband. Did you know that trust, honesty, and openness are ungodly and unbiblical? By the way, she says that God healed her mental illness. Yeah. I'm thinking that he didn't.

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/781879/

But back then, when our marriage was in such deep trouble and we tried so desperately to find answers, at first I did not consider that Christ could be the answer to my troubles. It couldn’t be that simple, of course. So, I read the self-help books and listened to Oprah and James Dobson, and we paid big $$$ to a highly recommended psychiatric marriage counselor. The advice of “the world†was that a great marriage is built on openness, honesty, the ability to totally trust each other, talk to each other about anything, share your feelings, share your hurts, share your anger, and “keep emotional bank accounts†(did you ever hear that baloney?)…

We tried that. But none of that worked. Why? It is not godly. It is not Biblical.

I don’t NEED to talk to my husband, and I don’t share much of my hurts, offenses, anger, fears, troubles–just sometimes, as God leads. I don’t worry about whether or not my husband will understand, or accept me, or be honest back.

My expectations are not in my husband. Love is of God, not of my husband. I don’t need love from my husband.

I don’t NEED to talk to him. I don’t NEED to have him understand me, or accept me, or be there for me. Love (God) bears all things, (God) endures all things, (God) believeth all things, hopeth all things… God does all of that. It was childish of me to look for that in my marriage! First Corinthians 13 tells me where to look for it! God! Jesus Christ!

Something is deeply wrong with that relationship. I'm actually scared for (and of) this woman. I believe that she has five kids and one in the oven, and she's posting about how being overwhelmed is a *good* thing. Very worrying.

I feel sad for her. Her post on dying was heartbreaking. It wasn't that her aunt died, its her belief that she shouldn't think about herself that bothers me.

I just read the July 1, post. Now I feel most sorry for her kids.

My older children, they are getting a “message from the Lord,†because God has shown me some training they need right now and they will be getting it. A sermon from me as we drive to do an errand, followed up by a few video sermons by SM Davis (they have forgotten the grave danger and lack of protection that comes into their lives when they get careless with their attitude of obedience and respect for their parents–something that, for the wellbeing of my children, must be trained and taught repeatedly until they leave my care!)

The 77 point checklist left me wondering if I could laugh and cry at the same time as throwing up.

Also, she doesn't NEED to like her husband. Did you know that trust, honesty, and openness are ungodly and unbiblical? By the way, she says that God healed her mental illness. Yeah. I'm thinking that he didn't.

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/781879/

Something is deeply wrong with that relationship. I'm actually scared for (and of) this woman. I believe that she has five kids and one in the oven, and she's posting about how being overwhelmed is a *good* thing. Very worrying.

Wow! She takes submission to a whole 'nother level, doesn't she?

My guess is she wasn't getting any of those things from her husband, so she decided it wasn't "biblical" to need any of those things. Since when is it unbiblical to need things from your spouse? Or to have certain expectations?

Sounds like a very unhealthy marriage if she is really telling it like she sees it.

Guest Anonymous

Off topic for a moment - kpmom, are those your goldens? I have a golden (see my avatar) and I couldn't imagine a more perfect dog for me. I love her to pieces. So, yay, goldens!

Now back to your regularly scheduled fundie horror show.

Lissar, I noticed your avatar and was going to ask you the same thing. Yes, they are very sweet dogs, aren't they?

The red one in my picture is a female, and the blond is a boy. We love ours to pieces too!

I haven't read her blog (yet), so my comment is based on the few quotes that are posted here, but - I feel sorry for her husband. Can you imagine being married to someone who doesn't think it necessary to talk, trust, be honest with? I wonder how I would behave if I were married to someone like that. I mean, it *seems* like he cares as they went to marital counseling. He could be a jerk though, for all I know.

She seems like a zombie.

ETA: It seems to me that these fundie bloggers think that being loving is so difficult that they don't even have to try to be loving - they can just leave that little pesky action to God.

My head hurts. Between reading PP Fb page and this Krazy I'm seriously going to take a xanax and wander away to regain my sanity!

I just read the July 1, post. Now I feel most sorry for her kids.

Ugh, you're right. This sounds like hell on earth! It won't surprise me if her mental issues take a turn for psychotic in the future. And I mean that in the clinical sense.

She sounds very, very depressed.

That said, her Christian Homeschool Scope & Sequence is sad. I hate to imagine what happens to these little children as they are being "trained". She likes the Pearl's, Tripps, etc. so I can venture a safe guess and say, "plumbing line". :evil:

Age 1

•Respond appropriately to the word “Noâ€

•Lie still to get dressed or changed

•Sit still on a lap when told

•Sit in high chair contentedly during meals

•Play contentedly where put

•Lie down and go to sleep when told

•Observe and attempt simple chores (take clothes out of dryer, use a cloth to wipe a floor or dust, pick up toys, etc.)

Age 2

•Come instantly when called

•Respond instantly to “No†or “Stop†commands

•Help with most chores

•Sit still and quietly when told

•Be helpful, gentle, and loving

•Count to 10, identify shapes, colors, letters, and handle a crayon or pencil

Age 3

•Have a full understanding of obedience

•Begin to learn respectfulness, with joyful obedience

•Able to sit for a story or lesson for up to one hour

•Follows directions quickly

•Flexible in schedule

•Helps with all chores

•Able to do preschool work easily

Age 4

•Assigned chores

•Serves others by choice

•Takes care of own property and keep personal areas organized

•Demonstrates contentedness, self control, and an independent work ethic

•Does not pester, whine, interrupt, or talk excessively (is thoughtful in words)

•Begins to be aware of example to younger children

•Able to help care for younger ones, and play with them selflessly and lovingly

Age 5-6

•Fully aware of example to younger siblings

•Able to watch little ones responsibly and play well with them for a short period of time in a specific area

•Demonstrates respect and honor to adults

•Demonstrates gratefulness

•Starts learning and desiring to learn who God is

•Keeps drawers, shelves, bins, desk, etc. organized at all times

Age 7-8

•Grows in understanding of God

•Grows in understanding of God’s commandments and how obedience benefits God’s people

•Can differentiate between wise vs. foolish behavior

•Is self-directed on chores

•Demonstrates meekness, and joyfulness

•Has learned to love correction

•Shows a heart to honor and obey parents and to please God

•Boys: able to help work out doors, help fix cars, cut firewood, hunt, fish, etc.

•Girls: Able to help bake, can cook a meal independently, can sew, crochet, etc.

•Can notice and fulfill needs of family

•Understand stewardship and wise handling of money

•Giving

Age 9-11

•Completes most school work and all chores� independently and well, with good attitude

•Demonstrates good manners, thoughtfulness of others, and respect to all

•Able to serve others outside of home

•Can be a wise friend to other children

•Able to listen and understand a sermon/teach/lecture and take notes

•Can be an example to others outside the home

•Able to plan, organize, and manage projects

•Familiar with Bible and able to read and study independently

•Continues to grow in knowledge of the Holy, able to see Him through His creation, His work, and His Word.

•Beginning to have fear of the Lord (beginning of wisdom)

•Has a heart to love God and follow His ways

•Selflessly serves others at length

•Works diligently and quietly for several hours

•Assumes some adult responsibilities (cooking a meal, caring for the whole yard, etc.)

•Able to be fully responsible for younger siblings for up to a few hours

•Able to grow in wisdom through personal study

•Has formed a personal habit of prayer and can see how God has answered

•Able to examine self

•Ready to discuss and understand mature things

Age 12

These following points are from the sermon What to Expect from a 12–Year-Old by Dr. S.M. Davis (www.solvefamilyproblems.com). We have used this “assessment†since the beginning of our homeschool.

•Have a mature sense of responsibility, purpose, and� destiny.

•Have a keen sense of discernment, especially in relation to the company they keep.

•Have a burning hunger to understand truth and wisdom.

•Be fully obedient.

•Be consistently respectful.

•Be fully committed to doing the will of God.

•Have an unmistakeable godliness about his life.

Age 16-18

•Plan and work a full day effectively

•Able to lead and manage others, if necessary

•Demonstrates faith

•Identity is in Christ

•Able to study and learn a whole new area independently, quickly, and effectively

Age 20

These are taken from another excellent sermon by Dr. S.M. Davis titled (can you guess?): What to Expect from a 20-Year-Old

•Ready to go to battle

•Able to be a productive member of society

•Has the character and wisdom needed to build a successful marriage

•Lives a sacrificial live instead of a selfish life: willing to die for righteous causes

•Able to discern God’s will for himself and be directly accountable to God for his life and decisions

I'm just amused by the ad for a Numerology service showing up under her 1st post. I haven't read any further than that yet.

I got one of those "Special Scholarships for Moms!" ads in her list of 77 attributes of a godly wife. Lolz I don't think that being educated is on her list. (In my culture it is definitely on the list, educated mom=educated sons, right?)

I found one post that was about how coupons and sale ads=coveting. Yeah, she put it that way, equal signs and all I think.

She pops popcorn just 3 times a year for treats! Her children can only drink water at home. I realize that isn't abuse and is healthy, but sheesh what a kill joy. Also, the way she talks about letting her teenagers "play" with their friends where she can oversee them, and having to go to sleep On command with no talking or else she will separate them is so sad to me. :cry:

Heh. Fundies suck.

PSA: I believe that regular consumption of popcorn should be included in the UN Rights of Children. We have popcorn for dinner occasionally. Really, if all you want is hot buttered popcorn, why eat another 500 calories of boring meal just to get to the good stuff? It's so cheap, too. Add nights staying up giggling with friends and siblings to that. Really, the best things in life are free so no need to be stingy with them.

Archived