IGNORED

Miss. church apologizes for barring black marriage.

doggie

This falls under the "too little, too late" category. I hope their church crumbles. I hope everyone leaves and goes somewhere else.

Agree with LauraElle. Also, the pastor of that church is a spineless ass if you ask me. A pastor is supposed to be a spiritual leader, yet he allowed himself to be bullied into barring this couple from a wedding at his church by a few members of the congregation. Why didn't he stand up to them and tell them if they didn't like it, they could leave?

Agree with LauraElle. Also, the pastor of that church is a spineless ass if you ask me. A pastor is supposed to be a spiritual leader, yet he allowed himself to be bullied into barring this couple from a wedding at his church by a few members of the congregation. Why didn't he stand up to them and tell them if they didn't like it, they could leave?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This falls under the "too little, too late" category. I hope their church crumbles. I hope everyone leaves and goes somewhere else.

I agree with this, and the idea that the pastor needs to grow a backbone and stand up to the racists in his congregation and give a sermon about God loving all, regardless of skin color.

They're just sorry they got caught. I'm sure if it had not been in the media, there would have been no apology.

They're just sorry they got caught. I'm sure if it had not been in the media, there would have been no apology.

of course but really they still have not apologized. They just tried to make themselves look good but never really felt sorry.

I might have understood this a little more 50 years ago -- not that I would excuse this sorry event much at any time -- but in 2012? They can take their non-apology and shove it up next to their racist heads.

That honestly pissed me off. I once went to a church... and my friend's mom invited a black lady to church one Sunday. She come in, gorgeous dress and hat... dressed in her Sunday's finest. She was an extremely sweet lady. But other members of the congregation gave her the stink eye and she left early. It HONESTLY ticked me off and made me ashamed to be a member of that church. I left shortly after and found another to go to. I can't stand racism.

Archived