IGNORED

Pants made me vain

dairyfreelife

It is just a fact that more of your body is showcased while wearing pants than while wearing a skirt (so long as it is a modest skirt). Even with looser-fitting pants, there is more of your body on display. The curve of you behind, the notch between your legs, it’s all outlined for the world to see.

I started to become self-conscious of the outline of my legs drawn for the world. This is what I have against pants. Instead of drawing attention to my face, my personality, my savior, pants draw more attention to the details of my body.

Yes, everyone was looking at her shape...she's right, she is vain in pants...because she thinks everyone's looking at her body and thinking sexy thoughts. :roll:

Now I relish the feminine attention I get that is WAY different from the sexual attention I used to get. I feel like men are more gentlemanly around me, seeing me as pretty rather than sexually appealing.

She's so much less vain in skirts, isn't she?

cornerofjoy.blogspot.com/2012/07/vanity-pants-and-skirts.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my face, my personality, my savior? :shock:

On a similar note I once had a female colleague who would only peel a banana and break away tiny chunks. I asked her why not just bite the fruit, and she explained that she can't handle all the lustful looks she gets. I kind of shrugged and said I don't get hit on every time I eat a banana. She snorted and said "obviously. but *I* do!"

Why do these women - and men! - have to *constantly* justify that women wear dresses and skirts? So you like wearing skirts, who freaking cares. Move on with your life.

my face, my personality, my savior? :shock:

On a similar note I once had a female colleague who would only peel a banana and break away tiny chunks. I asked her why not just bite the fruit, and she explained that she can't handle all the lustful looks she gets. I kind of shrugged and said I don't get hit on every time I eat a banana. She snorted and said "obviously. but *I* do!"

:confusion-scratchheadblue: Why could she just not concentrate on eating her banana rather than looking to see who is watching her do so, either in reality or in her mind?

I'm also LOLing at "the notch between your legs." That's awesome.

I know, right? Next time hubs and I have sexy time, I am so so saying that! hahahhaha

Why do these women - and men! - have to *constantly* justify that women wear dresses and skirts? So you like wearing skirts, who freaking cares. Move on with your life.

Because it CAN'T be a matter of personal preference, that would be vain! God micromanages evereything! Or potentially Satan, and pants are of Satan.

I personally think the only think that is an offense to God (or at least to me, that's a close second) is a camel toe.

:confusion-scratchheadblue: Why could she just not concentrate on eating her banana rather than looking to see who is watching her do so, either in reality or in her mind?

Exactly. And how full of yourself to think that men just can't handle seeing you eating fruit?

Because it CAN'T be a matter of personal preference, that would be vain! God micromanages evereything! Or potentially Satan, and pants are of Satan.

I personally think the only think that is an offense to God (or at least to me, that's a close second) is a camel toe.

Yes, because going on at length about how the way your legs and the notch between them look in pants isn't modest at ALL.

Note: the sarcasm in that sentence isn't directed at you, heinz57.

Edited to add: Yes, what you said about her thinking men can't handle it exactly! Also the fact that she subtly seemed to imply that well of course her friend wouldn't have people staring at her - how conceited!

People don't care to look at the "notch between her legs". That is not what people check out when looking at someone attractive. So now men see her as pretty instead of sexually attractive? Just as vain to assume they're paying attention to her at all.

People don't care to look at the "notch between her legs". That is not what people check out when looking at someone attractive. So now men see her as pretty instead of sexually attractive? Just as vain to assume they're paying attention to her at all.

This, exactly.

Yes, because going on at length about how the way your legs and the notch between them look in pants isn't modest at ALL.

Note: the sarcasm in that sentence isn't directed at you, heinz57.

Edited to add: Yes, what you said about her thinking men can't handle it exactly! Also the fact that she subtly seemed to imply that well of course her friend wouldn't have people staring at her - how conceited!

No worries, I figured :D

This colleague of mine is a priceless source of observation, and unwillingly taught me something interesting:

When she talks with people she regularly mentions flattering things about herself, in a very casual manner ("oh, I wish I could get a fuller figure, but it seems whatever I eat I keep slim", or "I have trouble buying skirts because I have such long legs that they all seem like minis on me" or "I guess I'm lucky, I inherited a great complexion from my mom").

And IT WORKS!!! People who had those talks with her describe her as "oh yeah, X is so thin, with beautiful skin, she could be a model" - whereas people who only know her from afar find her plain/ok-ish, with a bit of an acne problem...

I think I'll start spreading the word that I have zero cellulite - apparently then I can be drowning in it and nobody will see it. :lol:

What about the "notch between the legs" of men? Seems to me they have a lot more to see there.

Nah, women can't be defrauded because looking at a hot guy doesn't make us want sexy time!

So, I'm currently watching men's water polo, and when they focus on 2 coaches kneeling on the side of the pool with a whole row of players behind them...let me just say, the notches between their legs are HIGHLY visible ;) Guess we ought to put them in some skirts!

Nah, women can't be defrauded because looking at a hot guy doesn't make us want sexy time!

why didn't I get that memo!

I have been defrauded many a time while at the grocery store. Nicely fitted jeans on a man are a stumbling block for me.

No worries, I figured :D

This colleague of mine is a priceless source of observation, and unwillingly taught me something interesting:

When she talks with people she regularly mentions flattering things about herself, in a very casual manner ("oh, I wish I could get a fuller figure, but it seems whatever I eat I keep slim", or "I have trouble buying skirts because I have such long legs that they all seem like minis on me" or "I guess I'm lucky, I inherited a great complexion from my mom").

And IT WORKS!!! People who had those talks with her describe her as "oh yeah, X is so thin, with beautiful skin, she could be a model" - whereas people who only know her from afar find her plain/ok-ish, with a bit of an acne problem...

I think I'll start spreading the word that I have zero cellulite - apparently then I can be drowning in it and nobody will see it. :lol:

One of the characters on Community calls that an "explanabrag." Or, if you prefer 30 Rock, you could go with "back door bragging."

One of the characters on Community calls that an "explanabrag." Or, if you prefer 30 Rock, you could go with "back door bragging."

Oh, I love 30 Rock! Don't know Community though, I'll check it out, thanks!

My point exactly.

So, I'm currently watching men's water polo, and when they focus on 2 coaches kneeling on the side of the pool with a whole row of players behind them...let me just say, the notches between their legs are HIGHLY visible ;) Guess we ought to put them in some skirts!

My bf doesn't wear speedos, but in his gym shorts...let's just say that men's notches between their legs are much more visible than women's.

What about the "notch between the legs" of men? Seems to me they have a lot more to see there.

Personally I like a nice tush on a man. The front, not so much.

Exactly. And how full of yourself to think that men just can't handle seeing you eating fruit?

If people were overcome with lust at the sight of that, Chiquita would be doing much, much, better. I should get some stocks in it.

Yep, I'll go with the faux modest back-door brag.

And now, I'll make a confession: I'm not wearing a skirt right now because I'm so damn hot in pants that the world can't handle it. I'm wearing a skirt because it doesn't emphasize my belly fat in the same way that my pants do, because you can't see my thighs and because a pencil skirt does a better job of making my tush look good. It also shows off my still-skinny ankles and makes my calves look hot.

Archived