IGNORED

TX Rep - CO attacks result of attacks on Christian Belief

Alecto

I would like to invite Rep. Gomer to view my middle finger:

:obscene-birdiered::music-tool:

A friend of a friend was injured in that shooting (thankfully, being released from the hospital today).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what change you made, I think it got reverted...but then there was this:

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Oh, darn it! Someone had added after his bio: "He is also a big, stupid redneck asshole."

My post got lost in the merge :-( In a nutshell, it said something to the affect that:

I can't believe the idiocy of saying that if we had more people with guns in the theater, it would have saved lives. First, it's a big, dark room that had a movie playing with volume at 11. Second, people are fleeing willy nilly escaping from the gunman. Third, tear gas/smoke bombs were thrown into the crowd. Finally, the gunman was wearing a camo, a gas mask and a bullet proof vest. Unless they are a highly trained Navy SEAL/Army Ranger type, the average person would likely not have the nerves or training to get this guy. In fact, I bet that there would be more casualties from friendly fire. Fuck me NO ONE THINKS THIS SHIT THROUGH.

That's another thing. I always hear that "If someone had a gun they would have stopped him!" But really, has that EVER happened? I have heard plenty of stories about people accidentally getting shot by their kids, or the neighbors accidentally shooting themselves, but I can't think of ONE single instance where some gun toting do-gooder steps in and saves the day. Am I wrong?

My daughter is good friends with a guy who knew one of the victims. All I can say about Gohmert's statement is What. The. Fuck.

I would like to invite Rep. Gomer to view my middle finger:

:obscene-birdiered::music-tool:

A friend of a friend was injured in that shooting (thankfully, being released from the hospital today).

I'm glad your friend is ok

So tactless. But it's the MO for these people, I guess.

It's the same as those people who think we get hurricanes, natural disasters, etc. and think it's because, idk, gay people are allowed to exist or some much nonsense. :roll:

"People say ... where was God in all of this?" Gohmert said. "We've threatened high school graduation participations, if they use God's name, they're going to be jailed ..."

:? I'm pretty sure that's not true, but anyway...

These people are vultures and it's sickening. I hadn't heard that a three-month old baby was one of the victims. How awful. It's all so awful and senseless. :(

As a resident of the same state, let me be the first to say, you, sir, can go to hell.

Ghomert is going to have a serious case of foot-in-mouth disease if the shooter turns out to be a righty.

As a resident of the same state, let me be the first to say, you, sir, can go to hell.

Ghomert is going to have a serious case of foot-in-mouth disease if the shooter turns out to be a righty.

I haven't heard anything about Holmes' politics, but he has been described as an involved member of his Presbyterian church.

I haven't heard anything about Holmes' politics, but he has been described as an involved member of his presbyterian church.

And what would "involved" mean?

This is just :angry-banghead:

How the hell do these guys get elected? He seriously thinks having a second shooter to take out the bad guy would have been helpful in a crowded, dark, gassed theater full of panicking people...there are no words for such idiocy. I can't even write about the horrendous stuff he says about God in the statement coherently it's so rage inducing.

That fucknut. What a turd.

I have read several conservative blogs fantasize about how if more peopled owned guns the guy could have been gunned down. Nevermind they guy used teargas and wore a kevlar vest or that a bunch of people shooting would have created a bigger tradgedy.

Just wanted to point out that Aurora Colorado is a military town and home to Buckley AFB. This attack was within 60 miles of the AF academy and Fort Carson Army base. You have peterson AFB and Cheyenne AFB in Colorado springs also. Colorado is home to 6 military bases in all. I know people stationed out at Carson and at the Academy. Colorado is very gun friendly and pro-military. So people not only carry guns they know how to use them. BUT who thinks I better bring a gun when I take my kids to see Batman tonight? Plus a firefight in a movie theater just doesn't sound like a good idea?

The brother of the only confirmed death is a fire fighter and was on the Denver news earlier. He said that all the cops in the world wouldn't have stopped this. Even the most trained law enforcement officer couldn't have done much once the tear gas canisters started unless they just happen to have a gas mask in their pocket.

late to the party ...

haven't the heritage foundation, the christian right, and other out-there right-wingers beat this war horse to death YET? It just never gets old, does it?

If the fevered masturbatory fantasies of the right-wing crowd came true and there were multiple people carrying concealed weapons in that theater, the death toll would have been much, much higher. The shooter used tear gas or smoke bombs to create confusion, and all more guns would have done would be to create more death. These wanna-be heroes all think that they can shoot like Jason Bourne in chaotic and murky situations, but in reality they'd be more like Barney Fife, and a lot more people would have been injured.

People in the U.S. always call on situations like this to explain why they need to be armed to go about their everyday business. We, as a society, need to realize that this type of thinking has given us no super heroes and plenty of Trayvon Martins.

I would like to point out to this idiot that the Scandinavian countries have the least amount of gun violence and are mostly atheist.

People in the U.S. always call on situations like this to explain why they need to be armed to go about their everyday business. We, as a society, need to realize that this type of thinking has given us no super heroes and plenty of Trayvon Martins.

Archived