IGNORED

the fundie royalty have a pow-wow

SpikedPeaches

Are the women wearing corsets? It would be oh, so appropriate, and oh, such a taste of why women GOT RID OF CLOTHES LIKE THIS for everyday use.

For those of you who have never tried to eat/sit for long hours/breath in corsets, holy crap. I mean, you can do it for awhile, but my gosh, I cannot imagine doing it for more than one evening every several years. Or, for like ten minutes on special occasions :)

Its the perfect fundie wear! Keep your women slim and docile!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The corsets women wore for "everyday" weren't as restrictive as the ones they wore with formalwear, according to a historical re-enactor I met--but, still, give me a comfy bra and some microfiber undies, plz.

And how much you want to bet the Botkinettes have on historically inaccurate DRAWERS on under their 16th-century dresses? By all accounts, drawers for women didn't come into use in the Western world until the early 1800s.

Who are these Verniers? The name doesn't ring a bell.

Eh OK, anybody who knows better, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

Vernier daughter Audri (oldest?) married Ben Botkin a year or two ago. (Ben was the first of Geoff's godly seed to leave and cleave. I think they just had a baby?) Charles, who is about Josh Phillips' age and seems to be good friends with him, went with Doug on the Amazonian anaconda-hunt (early 2011), as did the dad, who is a doctor of some sort IIRC. The dad might have been on the Rescue All The Haitians!!! trip, too... can't remember. Daughter Ellen was on the cover of the Botkinettes' newest book, looking confused about boys. I don't know much about the mom or younger kids. They used to live in TX, but are now in TN. (Or maybe it's the other way around? I guess it's more likely that they're in TN now, since that's where Ben and Audri are.)

That's what I know. Maybe somebody else has something to add?

re the corsets: I think some of the girls are wearing them, although it's difficult to tell from these pics. I've worn corsets a fair bit and you actually get used to them surprisingly fast. They are restricting, sure, but they also give you good posture without you having to expend any effort on it (it's impossible to slouch in them) and they don't hurt unless you lace them wrong.

ETA a date

Does anyone know if the girls made their costumes or ordered them? They look expensive and I figure the girls all put in some work to produce the end results. I wonder if these fundie girls start acquiring a range of costumes after attending multiple conferences' costume balls? Making them seems a "feminine" thing to do as a SAHD.

Does anyone know if the girls made their costumes or ordered them? They look expensive and I figure the girls all put in some work to produce the end results. I wonder if these fundie girls start acquiring a range of costumes after attending multiple conferences' costume balls? Making them seems a "feminine" thing to do as a SAHD.

None of this costume-wearing seems strange to me. I have friends who are members of Civil War reenactment clubs, the Society for Creative Anachronism as well as various science fiction fan groups. Then there's the Comic Con crowd who have been proudly posting their latest costumes on Facebook. Sometimes I feel like the weird one because I don't belong to any organization where the members dress up and go to conventions.

Holy chicken fricassee. I just looked at the photo gallery from last year's conference (which apparently had a Civil War theme... so lots more costumes, yay) and found some familiar faces.

Captioned as accurately as I know, although others might know better than I.

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209147_2.jpg

Charles Vernier (right? I'm almost postive), Joshua Phillips, Samuel Turley

Bow-chicka-bow-wow :shock: I am utterly defrauded, especially by Darren Criss Charles on the left there.

Bow-chicka-bow-wow :shock: I am utterly defrauded, especially by Darren Criss Charles on the left there.

Thank God someone said it before I had to. I was sitting here letting him defraud me while debating whether or not to admit that he is probably the most (physically) beautiful man I've laid eyes on all week.

Free Charles anyone?

Why are those young girls dressed like 19th century matrons? Victorian maidens wore much prettier, lighter dresses.

Thank God someone said it before I had to. I was sitting here letting him defraud me while debating whether or not to admit that he is probably the most (physically) beautiful man I've laid eyes on all week.

Free Charles anyone?

Oh, good, I'm not the only one! They're all good looking guys but I'm completely defrauded by that one on the left. Too bad they think women are only good for cooking, cleaning, and birthin the babies. But he sure is pretty as long as he doesn't talk. :D

Also - why always confederates? Why not the godly Notherners freeing the slaves? Wouldn't that be more Christlike? :lol:

I suspect many of these folks would be thrilled to have slavery back.

Oh, and being Christlike is pretty low on their priority list.

Oh, good, I'm not the only one! They're all good looking guys but I'm completely defrauded by that one on the left. Too bad they think women are only good for cooking, cleaning, and birthin the babies. But he sure is pretty as long as he doesn't talk. :D

What a pity they have to talk! I'm being defrauded by the one on the left and the one on the right!

Wow, I never have pet fundies but Samual Turley is very defrauding. I'm just gonna go pretend that he has a completely different personality.

While I agree that Joshua Titus is VERY attractive, every time I see a picture of him I want to reach into my computer and punch him in the face. He looks like such a self-righteous person. Probably stemmed from years of being told how smart he is constantly and being patted on the back for being CEO of his blog or whatever. Oh and his gun thing looks ridiculous-I can't help but think its there to compensate for something. ;)

um..... some of those young men are downright hot.

:oops:

The Thomas boys are, unfortunately, my type. What a waste of good manflesh.

While I agree that Joshua Titus is VERY attractive, every time I see a picture of him I want to reach into my computer and punch him in the face. He looks like such a self-righteous person. Probably stemmed from years of being told how smart he is constantly and being patted on the back for being CEO of his blog or whatever. Oh and his gun thing looks ridiculous-I can't help but think its there to compensate for something. ;)

Like father, like son. :whistle:

The Thomas boys are, unfortunately, my type. What a waste of good manflesh.

I find them hot and undeserving of either of us.

um..... some of those young men are downright hot.

:oops:

For serious! I was thinking the same thing. It ain't even right.

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209147_2.jpg

Charles Vernier (right? I'm almost postive), Joshua Phillips, Samuel Turley

My first thought was that Joshua Titus better be dammed sure that thing is unloaded or he's gonna shoot his wing-wang off. Nice way to model responsible gun ownership there.

Clearly none of these boyos are my type. :snooty:

All of these young men will age well as patriarchs in their own homes. It's their wives who will quickly age and look old before their time.

i found a few more pics from last year...

mazzoumemoriesdotblogspot.ca/2012/05/chef-conference-2012inspirations-for.html?spref=bl

[attachment=1]anne-boleyn.jpg[/attachment]

:angry-screaming: :angry-steamingears: Elizabeth Botkin, you ungrateful little idiotic fundie! Leave Anne Boleyn ALONE!

Why are those young girls dressed like 19th century matrons? Victorian maidens wore much prettier, lighter dresses.

Indeed. Every issue of Harper's Bazar from 1867-1900 is online for free now, so you can see what was worn. Searching on the fashion terminology in the magazine will get you photos of garments surviving from the period. In 1867, the proper garments for a well-to-do teenage girl included a blouse you could see right through, so that her layers of underclothes were on display!

Archived