IGNORED

the fundie royalty have a pow-wow

SpikedPeaches

Wow, I haven't been on here in forever, but this was an interesting find and I thought you "girls" (in true Botkin-style) would like to see it. I was blog-hopping and came across these photos, which are apparently from a homeschool conference last month. The photo-quality is awful, but the contents are rather interesting:

<>

Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin, Matthew and Melanie Thomas, Joshua and Liberty Phillips, Ellen Vernier talking. :)

<>

Mr. Thomas, Matthew, Marscel, Joshua Phillips, Liberty Phillips, Ellen Vernier

Botkins, Thomases, Phillipses, and Verniers - a kingsized helping of the VF A-list - having a chummy confab at some random homeschool conference? Does anyone besides me wonder what the heck they talk about?

photos from mazzoumemories.blogspot.com/2012/07/conference-pictures-day-1.html

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is with Elizabeth's hair!? It looks awful... like she's going for that 80's poof or something.

What is with Elizabeth's hair!? It looks awful... like she's going for that 80's poof or something.

I hope it's just humid and her hair has gone frizzy/wild.

Pleaseohpleaseohplease forget the "dot" and just remove the http://

mazzoumemories.blogspot.com/2012/07/conference-pictures-day-1.html

ThankyouThankyouThankyou

Really a great find, OP, srsly, a million thanks!

Meanwhile, this is MJB's Wisdom For The Day: Remove the word "sweet" from the English language and dominionists will have no way to describe their women.

Guessing this is the Christian Home Educators Conference, held last month: chec.org/chec-events/state-conference/

Re: Elizabeth's hair. It's the Eff-Me look, or bed-head, as portrayed by a godly, virtuous SAHD. Why she feels she should look this way is another question, and one wonders what the answer is.

Am I the only one noticing all the gun and ammo books to the left?

First thing I noticed. :?

I, too, noticed the weapons books. "Backyard Balistics", "Mini-Weapons 2"...seems so appropriate for a Christian conference.

I, too, noticed the weapons books. "Backyard Balistics", "Mini-Weapons 2"...seems so appropriate for a Christian conference.

Those are books offered by Vision Forum for boys (not girls!!! No!!) to teach them to be adventurous gun totin' manly men. "All American Boy's Collection" and "All American Boy's Adventure Catalog" were some of the marketing schemes they used over the years to push the stuff.

Seems Vision Forum has taken down the original page they offered the things on, but in searching for it I did find some pages from regular secular women reporting that their daughters found a bunch of cool toys looking around there and were annoyed that the "Beautiful Girlhood Collection" is just pink crap. :)

Apologies, MJB, many apologies.

Figured out that it's this conference: chef-missouri.com/

The conference theme was Scottish, so that sort of explains the kilts... although not the colonial gown. (???)

Looked at the list of speakers and Doug P. was speaking, along with Morecraft and several other familiar faces. One of the Thomas sons and Samuel Turley (who, IIRC, has been mentioned here a few times in the past) provided music.

My reaction was "Holy fuck, is this a costume party or do these people really dress like this?" :shock: :shock:

Many of their conferences (homeschooling, fundie food, Titanic "celebrations," you name it) are costume parties - costume parties where

a lot of money changes hands.

Thanks!

I wish there was a Dougie pic, though. Ah, well -- I can settle for the Botkinator:

EIkKT.jpg

Holy chicken fricassee. I just looked at the photo gallery from last year's conference (which apparently had a Civil War theme... so lots more costumes, yay) and found some familiar faces.

Captioned as accurately as I know, although others might know better than I.

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209151.jpg

Samuel Turley with someone that I assume is his sister

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209147_2.jpg

Charles Vernier (right? I'm almost postive), Joshua Phillips, Samuel Turley

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209146.jpg

unknown boy, Charles Vernier, Joshua Phillips, Samuel Turley, Thomas son (can never remember which is which), unknown boy

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209170.jpg

Samuel Turley

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209157.jpg

Samuel Turley's sister?, Charles Vernier

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209183.jpg

L to R: Charles Vernier, S. Turley's sister?, Ellen Vernier, another Vernier daughter?

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209285.jpg

L to R: unknown boy, Justice Phillips, Samuel Turley, Charles Vernier, Thomas son, Joshua Phillips, Thomas son

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209294.jpg

L to R: unknown girl, Thomas son, unknown boy, Justice Phillips, Samuel Turley's sister?, Samuel Turley, Charles Vernier, Ellen Vernier, Joshua Phillips, Vernier daughter?, Thomas son, unknown boy, unknown girl

phoca_thumb_l_chef%209299.jpg

L to R: Charles Vernier, Ellen Vernier, Joshua Phillips, Vernier daughter?, a Thomas son

Maybe those two younger boys are Vernier or Turley kids?

How old is Elizabeth? She's older than Joshua, right? Wow, the two dynasties merged. Wonder what their spawn would be like?

How old is Elizabeth? She's older than Joshua, right? Wow, the two dynasties merged. Wonder what their spawn would be like?

As far as I can tell, JT is 19 and Elizabeth is 27? Bit of an age difference, but not unheard of among this crowd. Their spawn would be... awful.

i found a few more pics from last year...

mazzoumemoriesdotblogspot.ca/2012/05/chef-conference-2012inspirations-for.html?spref=bl

[attachment=1]anne-boleyn.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]jeanne de'.jpg[/attachment]

i found a few more pics from last year...

mazzoumemoriesdotblogspot.ca/2012/05/chef-conference-2012inspirations-for.html?spref=bl

[attachment=1]anne-boleyn.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]jeanne de'.jpg[/attachment]

No, those (and the other photos in that post) are from the Reformation 500, which was in 2009, I think. The blogger says that that post is her collection of inspirations for this year's conference.

The 1800's ladies need underskirts to smooth out their hoops. While I'm at it, why no headgear? You would think they would be all over some giant roses and bonnets and such. I hate it when I know someone put a lot of time, money, and effort into a costume only have it come out looking half finished and cheap.

Also - why always confederates? Why not the godly Notherners freeing the slaves? Wouldn't that be more Christlike? :lol:

And finally, can I say that I've always hated the Botkin's Tudor cosplay? The neckline is much too high!

I think the maroon dress is really pretty. It's also the only one without petticoat-needs. They were indoors, so maybe no head-gear was felt necessary?

LOL, just noticed how in that last picture JT is totally giving a smolder and Ellen V. is making E-Bot's "saucy little minx" face. Love it. :clap:

I think the maroon dress is really pretty. It's also the only one without petticoat-needs. They were indoors, so maybe no head-gear was felt necessary?

LOL, just noticed how in that last picture JT is totally giving a smolder and Ellen V. is making E-Bot's "saucy little minx" face. Love it. :clap:

Yeah, I noticed JT and Ellen are both rocking the smug look in that one! (With a hint of Zoolander thrown in for JT!)

Are the women wearing corsets? It would be oh, so appropriate, and oh, such a taste of why women GOT RID OF CLOTHES LIKE THIS for everyday use.

For those of you who have never tried to eat/sit for long hours/breath in corsets, holy crap. I mean, you can do it for awhile, but my gosh, I cannot imagine doing it for more than one evening every several years. Or, for like ten minutes on special occasions :)

Archived