IGNORED

the fundie royalty have a pow-wow

SpikedPeaches

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is utterly wrong, but I can definitely see some Real Person Slash opportunities here. Nom. :dance:

I totally volunteer to recruit some of these boys into a vile, wicked and perverted homosexual lifestyle. Except that I'm probably old enough to be their father, and that's kinda creepy...

Not to worry if their legal consider it a public service :lol:

My first thought was that Joshua Titus better be dammed sure that thing is unloaded or he's gonna shoot his wing-wang off. Nice way to model responsible gun ownership there.

Clearly none of these boyos are my type. :snooty:

I think they are all my type! Especially the one on the left!!

Do the Vernier family members have blogs?? Or the Turleys??

Samuel T. has a blog which used to be open but IIRC went private after being discussed on FJ a while ago. He never posted much on it anyway... an occasional pro-Confederacy article and some pics of his farm are all I remember.

The Verniers have virtually zero online presence (I've done a bit of Googling on them) and it makes me wonder how many other really well-connected families exist that we don't know anything about. I mean, they married into the Botkin dynasty and they seem to be very buddy-buddy with the Phillipses - it doesn't get much more upper-crust in VF-world than that - yet we know basically zilch about them. There's been some speculation on here in the past about who the fundie A-listers were, and for the most part the only ones included in the VF crowd were bloggers and/or people with big online presences like Bradrick. This is natural, of course, because if they don't have blogs or whatever how would we know about them... but I really wonder if most of the real VF blue-bloods are invisible, like the Verniers and Turleys... people who might be a big underlying force that we don't know a tittle about. (Same might hold true for other areas of fundie-dom, but I'm confining my speculation to VF because that's where most of my interest lies.)

Just a thought.

Are the women wearing corsets? It would be oh, so appropriate, and oh, such a taste of why women GOT RID OF CLOTHES LIKE THIS for everyday use.

For those of you who have never tried to eat/sit for long hours/breath in corsets, holy crap. I mean, you can do it for awhile, but my gosh, I cannot imagine doing it for more than one evening every several years. Or, for like ten minutes on special occasions :)

Yes, I have worn corsets for long amounts of time- it is nice to get them off at the end of the day, but no different than a bra. I can weave on a loom with one on, I can start a fire, I can carry a tantruming two year old. Basically they support your boobs and give you a back brace. It does hurt to sneeze, but I can breath well and sing- if you can't you've got it laced too tight or it doesn't fit right.

The 1800's ladies need underskirts to smooth out their hoops. While I'm at it, why no headgear? You would think they would be all over some giant roses and bonnets and such. I hate it when I know someone put a lot of time, money, and effort into a costume only have it come out looking half finished and cheap.

This

And I agree with you on the fact that they never have any northerners.

I enjoy how they have to modify the old designs to make them more modest. Their precious good old days were not quite good enough apparently.

Yes, I have worn corsets for long amounts of time- it is nice to get them off at the end of the day, but no different than a bra. I can weave on a loom with one on, I can start a fire, I can carry a tantruming two year old. Basically they support your boobs and give you a back brace. It does hurt to sneeze, but I can breath well and sing- if you can't you've got it laced too tight or it doesn't fit right.

A well fitted corset isn't supposed to hurt. I can't sing when I'm not wearing a corset. Do you think I'll be able to sing if I'll trussed? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh so defrauding!

How can these fundies say over and over that women aren't attracted to people physically, theyhave emotional lusts only, blah blah blah. You KNOW the teenage girls at these things are gossiping about who's the hottest. My picks: Charles Vernier, then Sam Turley.

After those photos I'm sorry I picked on the Bates kid for dressing up in Cowboy gear........these folks need to meet reality.

Am I the only one noticing all the gun and ammo books to the left?

Me too. How are guns "Christian/Godly"? I see they're preparing the white Christian army for God. Aren't those great, Christian, Godly values that you want to bring back to America guys? /sarcasm.

So basically, these little get-togethers are just a fundie version of Comicon. :roll:

Seriously, what's with playing dress up?

So basically, these little get-togethers are just a fundie version of Comicon. :roll:

Seriously, what's with playing dress up?

Glass Cowcatcher and I think it's the fundie version of cosplaying.

Are the women wearing corsets? It would be oh, so appropriate, and oh, such a taste of why women GOT RID OF CLOTHES LIKE THIS for everyday use.

For those of you who have never tried to eat/sit for long hours/breath in corsets, holy crap. I mean, you can do it for awhile, but my gosh, I cannot imagine doing it for more than one evening every several years. Or, for like ten minutes on special occasions :)

I'm a full time reenactor- ie I don't play dress up at conferences, I play dress up damn near every weekend when I'm not gestating.

A well fitted corset is NOT uncomfortable, or as restrictive as everyone thinks. I can and have run pell mell in one. If you can't breathe, or can't eat? it does not fit you properly. Seriously, the corsets that are horrifically restrictive and screw up your insides come from later on in history- the 1890's- the infamous "spoon busk" and the "s bend" ones. The 1860's corsets are honestly, very comfortable if you get a properly fitted one- at least for me, I have back issues, and wearing one is actually REALLY comfortable for my poor arthritis ridden lower back. :) Really, its only supposed to be as tight as a pair of spanx- just enough to hold up the "girls" and smooth you out a bit, also, corsets have a VERY practical application- the weight of a 5-7 yard skirt + petticoats+ a hoop- if you have that just around your waist, its quite painful, corsets actually help redistribute the weight of all that clothing.

Also, there are patterns (i'm in the middle of making one) for "sensible stays" that basically hold up "the girls" but are not boned.

sewingcentral.com/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi?page=705T.html&cart_id=6244_8419

Before anyone asks, I was still wearing mine until about 14-15 weeks pregnant (with my midwives' permission of course) I never got around to finishing the "sensible stays" but since they have a nursing option, i'll be finishing them and wearing them out next season. (I ended up sitting out most of this season due to the extreme heat in the Chicagoland area)

The girls in most of these shots need over the hoop petticoats, you're not supposed to see the lines of the hoop. Its the 1860's equal of a bra strap showing. The one in the purple and black, if she's wearing pagoda sleeves needs under sleeves... And what's funny, is I can pretty much tell which Simplicity pattern each one of them used...

Seriously, though, whats the point of people playing dress up just to walk around and be wierd? You just know everybody else at the event centers and places that they hold these events are like, "What the F@*k!!"

:shock: Check this one out of Sam Turley, what a find eh? Haha

I have no idea who this is, and no doubt I am old enough to be his mother, but....

Phew! Did it get hot in here? :twisted:

These boys look a bit too young for me, but I will still enjoy looking - "shhh, do not speak defrauding one"

'Tis a shame they are part of such a fucked up world. It would warm my loins to find out any of them separate themselves from those beliefs one day.

I think I'm giving up my cougar crush on John Maxwell for this Sam Turley, whoever he is. Yow.

Archived