IGNORED

My favorite Food Conference quote

Love

All the crazy blogging going on over at Doug's Blog over the last few days has been really entertaining for me.

My favorite quote is:

Joel Salatin, a Christian farmer says.... “People who have been fertilizing their gardens with compost instead of fertilizer are closer to the truth despite their peace symbols and their piercings of five body parts.â€

5 body parts? is that a biblical reference? or just plain crazy? or a biblical reference that is also crazy?

Disclaimer - i believe in organic food. I work for an organic food distributor. I think the mega corporate food industry in this country is disgusting at best. That doesn't mean I eat a perfectly organic, holistic diet. I haven't been able to afford that. But I try to stay aware and make good choices. And I do not have any peircings and yes, I do use compost.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, he would run for Idaho, right quick!

Another favorite...

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2012/07/10278/

RUSH LIMBAUGH WAS WRONG!!!

Say it ain't so Joe. What the hell does this have to do with the price of my tomatoes at farmers market?

“Christians ask, ‘Why do the liberals want to save the whales but support killing a baby through abortion?

piercings of five body parts.... Hmm lets guess which 5... ears, nose, lip, eyebrow, tongue... and thats just above the neck :D

But seriously, whats so wrong with piercings and peace symbols... talk about not judging your fellow man, christians...:roll:

I do fertilize my garden with homemade compost but I don't have body piercings (except my ears, but that don't count) am I wrong ??? :lol: :lol:

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/pie2.jpg

And with all the concern of gluttony.... maybe the baking contest doesn't really qualify as Christian under these standards?

Say it ain't so Joe. What the hell does this have to do with the price of my tomatoes at farmers market?

Because whales don't crawl into my uterus uninvited and expect nine months of lazing about rent free, THAT'S why.

Doug Phillips is a tool and has a secret frenum piercing.

I was thinking a PA. Anything to add length!

Joe so would not make it in Boregonia :lol:

The scary thing is that Joel's really popular among the hippies young and old here, I wonder what they would think of this statement.

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/pie2.jpg

And with all the concern of gluttony.... maybe the baking contest doesn't really qualify as Christian under these standards?

That picture is screaming for a caption.

The scary thing is that Joel's really popular among the hippies young and old here, I wonder what they would think of this statement.

I think Love can give you insight, but even among the granola Christian farmers (small not corporate) here preaching over the compost is not very acceptable. My seed guy had some dealings with him and he pulled out as a supplier many years ago because of Joe's religiosity. He also confronted Joe about his practice of unpaid interns.

I think Love can give you insight, but even among the granola Christian farmers (small not corporate) here preaching over the compost is not very acceptable. My seed guy had some dealings with him and he pulled out as a supplier many years ago because of Joe's religiosity. He also confronted Joe about his practice of unpaid interns.

Actually, I've pointed both out to them and they argue with me that he's still a great guy. (as well as the fact that he won't take women as year long interns and rarely takes them as part year interns.)

kma37.jpg

I literally laughed out loud, I startled my cat! lol! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That picture is screaming for a caption.

How bout a quote from Adam McManus (guy on the far left) himself?

It is high time the Church of Jesus Christ addressed the sin of gluttony. No longer should it be the overlooked sin among American Christians. Gorging on third and fourth helpings of fried chicken and banana cream pie at the church pot luck will become a thing of the past if we obey the clear teaching of Scripture which prohibits gluttony.

It's a little ironic, ain't it?!

How bout a quote from Adam McManus (guy on the far left) himself?

It's a little ironic, ain't it?!

the trick is to have a huge first serving! That's allowed!

Why is gluttony such a big screaming deal all of a sudden? Is it because it's a waste of food when there are people going to bed hungry across the world, or is it because it makes the helpmeets not pretty for the headships anymore? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Joel saltin is such an ass. It makes me mad he is so trendy.

God, Doug's helpmeet needs to hide some of his wardrobe. He looks like he's from frickin Fantasy Island.

Archived