IGNORED

My favorite Food Conference quote

Love

I would love to hear what Michelle Duggar had to say about entertaining. I'm not paying 45 bucks for that though. Argh. WHen I entertain I (usually) use real dishes and cook everything from scratch. I like to come up with interesting ideas (My bridal shower will be a "tea party" featuring tea based cocktails and Downton Abbey inspired finger food!) and then bring them to life myself.

I can't imagine how someone who cooks from cans, uses paper dishes, and whose idea of decorating for a party is to use the same crepe paper streamers over and over again could speak on entertaining. Maybe she could talk about budget cooking, not healthy budget cooking, but I guess the cr*p they eat isn't that pricey.

As for Food Deserts... These fundies have shown that they don't give a flying f**k about the poor. Even if they, themselves, are poor and need handouts they manage to separate themselves from the situation and make up some excuse as to why their situation is "different" from the mother living in the inner city. They'll say that they are in this situation because they are living a godly life, but that mom in the inner city is lazy or worthless. They just have a million excuses and justifications ready to go. They don't see their own hypocrisy. They can call us gluttons while they grow fat on pieces of pie bigger than a dinner plate. They call us murderers while supporting the death penalty. They say that we don't value the life of children while they actively fight to strip away medical benefits for poor children. There is no end to their hypocrisy, therefore I'm not shocked when I see them talking about whole foods and compost and healthy cooking while also having a guest speaker whose idea of cooking is to cover processed potatoes with cream soup and serve it on Styrofoam.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived