IGNORED

Cake Wrecks: Shavuot Edition

GeoBQn

Your FakeJewish Shavuot is not complete without a Mount Sinai cake!

sinai-cake-014_thumb.jpg

That's a brownie dessert and banana muffin mountain. Don't worry, it's gluten-free!

For the record, it is traditional among different Jewish communities to make mountain-shaped cookies and confections for Shavuot but this . . . this is something else.

torahfamilyliving.com/2012/05/25/mount-sinai-cake-for-shavuot/

That's mount Sinai?

:shock:

Looks like something my brother would have made when he was really, really, into Pokemon.

It's kind of funny because God was totally like, "Moses! I choose you!"

Do they have an animal cracker to symbolize when the people of Moses were worshipping a cow? No fauxJew Mount Sinai cake is complete without an animal cracker!

Do they have an animal cracker to symbolize when the people of Moses were worshipping a cow? No fauxJew Mount Sinai cake is complete without an animal cracker!
Again a like button would have useful here.k

That's mount Sinai?

Looks like something my brother would have made when he was really, really, into Pokemon.

Awesome. :clap: :lol:

That's mount Sinai?

Thankfully I wasn't the only whose mind went straight to Pokemon when they saw this. That and her Mt. Sinai looks a bit like a step pyramid.

The Wheat Thins Pesach was what made me go :shock: . I mean, matzoh aren't that hard to find, like, anywhere. Or you can buy them on the internet. But they didn't have a single normal Pesach item there, not even the roasted egg!

They're like some odd form of make it up as you go along messianic Judaism, yes?

They're not converts, are they? My gut reaction to that blog is no, since there are several posts about them just starting to learn Hebrew, and from what I can see nothing about having a rav or anything. Do they have like a home-church version of shul? I'm very excited to read this blog.

They're like some odd form of make it up as you go along messianic Judaism, yes?

They're not converts, are they? My gut reaction to that blog is no, since there are several posts about them just starting to learn Hebrew, and from what I can see nothing about having a rav or anything. Do they have like a home-church version of shul? I'm very excited to read this blog.

No, they are definitely messianic.

I just read another post on this blog torahfamilyliving.com/2012/06/25/torah-family-interview-5/

Of course, we must delight in persecutions because of our reward

So since nobody is actually willing to persecute them and they WANT to be persecuted, they invent some imaginary martyrdoms... Since they are all so Jewish-y you'd think maybe they would have bothered learning what REAL persecution was like. This just makes me :angry-banghead:

Since when did hockey puck muffins make for building blocks of a mountain? They could've just bought a pound or two of chocolate rocks and made a pile on top of the brownies.

OR they could've gotten a chocolate volcano dessert and made it their Mount Sinai!

4586155436_f161860f4c.jpg

Oh! The white things are lightning bolts???

I don't follow cakes nor wannabee-Jews but looked at this out of curiosity.

Goodness, gracious.

Archived