IGNORED

Old Maxwell Fam Pics

sippin0nsunshine

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moms - PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS!! It is for your husbands only.

I will translate this.

I have a tiny penis. I found a religion that made it feel big. The end.

Teri Maxwell is not a particularly attractive woman. Homely, maybe? Those frumpy collared dresses don't help matters either. Steve looks the same: a self-important religious prick with an ego the size of Texas.

Oh, I"m glad somebody finally said it. Teri is not a beauty, not in the usual sense of the word, and I don't say that snarkily, just ... I weary of reading that she's so gorgeous. No, bless her, she isn't.

And I'm not snarking about that. Because my own grandmother - who I respected but wasn't particularly fond of, not having gotten to know her, but whose memory I still hold in high regard - resembled Teri quite a bit: long face, over-strong jaw, longish upper lip (can't remember what the part between the nose and the lip area is called).

My mother said that "Grandma was what we call a 'handsome' woman," meaning that she didn't have the delicate or classic features most Western cultures associate with the feminine.

I may post Grandma's photo just so you can see I'm not talking out my body cavity ... this time. ;)

I think that Teri looks worse than she has to because of (a) captivity; (b) an unsuitable hairstyle; © forced smile. OTOH Grandma was a Victorian woman by birth (born 1880) and never revealed her teeth when smiling for a photo. It just wasn't done.

If Teri weren't expected to show a full grin every time the camera turned her way - and heaven knows that family lives and dies by the camera, ugh! - she'd probably photograph a whole lot better.

There is a photo of Teri when she and the putz were just married where she has a fresh, happy look and her facial features don't look so severe, and she looks pretty. Come to think of it, had we had any snaps of Grandma at an equivalent age smiling with delight, same thing would've applied.

So what's my point? Heck if I know.

Again .. because the Maxwells leave me feeling so. incredibly. blue. (Blue as in depressed, not the other kind, quelle horreur)

And majorly, because I am irritated that I don't have the url that describes the actual year-or-longer legal battle that Putz waged against his former employer over some nitpick (IIRC) about whether or not he would take a meeting with a woman, or report to a woman, or something along those lines.

Because it's documented in bare-bones fashion somewhere, and I saw it and I had it and I lost it. I also am pretty sure I found the name of the employer at the time - it's since merged with a larger company again IIRC, but at the time it was a small-to-midsize company HQ'ed in KC - IOW not like a putz David going up against a Boeing-ish Goliath.

Instead, a probably reasonably talented but neurotic engineer making trouble for a bunch of people who just wanted to get the jobs done, make payroll, turn a profit and pay down their business loans in a competitive environment.

Putz.

Oh, I"m glad somebody finally said it. Teri is not a beauty, not in the usual sense of the word, and I don't say that snarkily, just ... I weary of reading that she's so gorgeous. No, bless her, she isn't.

And I'm not snarking about that. Because my own grandmother - who I respected but wasn't particularly fond of, not having gotten to know her, but whose memory I still hold in high regard - resembled Teri quite a bit: long face, over-strong jaw, longish upper lip (can't remember what the part between the nose and the lip area is called).

My mother said that "Grandma was what we call a 'handsome' woman," meaning that she didn't have the delicate or classic features most Western cultures associate with the feminine.

I may post Grandma's photo just so you can see I'm not talking out my body cavity ... this time. ;)

I think that Teri looks worse than she has to because of (a) captivity; (b) an unsuitable hairstyle; © forced smile. OTOH Grandma was a Victorian woman by birth (born 1880) and never revealed her teeth when smiling for a photo. It just wasn't done.

If Teri weren't expected to show a full grin every time the camera turned her way - and heaven knows that family lives and dies by the camera, ugh! - she'd probably photograph a whole lot better.

There is a photo of Teri when she and the putz were just married where she has a fresh, happy look and her facial features don't look so severe, and she looks pretty. Come to think of it, had we had any snaps of Grandma at an equivalent age smiling with delight, same thing would've applied.

So what's my point? Heck if I know.

Again .. because the Maxwells leave me feeling so. incredibly. blue. (Blue as in depressed, not the other kind, quelle horreur)

And majorly, because I am irritated that I don't have the url that describes the actual year-or-longer legal battle that Putz waged against his former employer over some nitpick (IIRC) about whether or not he would take a meeting with a woman, or report to a woman, or something along those lines.

Because it's documented in bare-bones fashion somewhere, and I saw it and I had it and I lost it. I also am pretty sure I found the name of the employer at the time - it's since merged with a larger company again IIRC, but at the time it was a small-to-midsize company HQ'ed in KC - IOW not like a putz David going up against a Boeing-ish Goliath.

Instead, a probably reasonably talented but neurotic engineer making trouble for a bunch of people who just wanted to get the jobs done, make payroll, turn a profit and pay down their business loans in a competitive environment.

Putz.

It was Boeing. And he worked there before the MD merger, but there was always a hub in KC. I worked there for many years, including during the MD merger. And honestly, at Boeing, anyone could be an "engineer". I'm pretty sure he probably sued the company for sexual harrassment if he was an any way demerited for refusing to attend the meeting with the female vendor. I had intimate contact with the Legal Dept. at Boeing during my work there, so would not be surprised if he sued and won and got his big fat check. Lots of that kind of thing goes down there.

It was Boeing. And he worked there before the MD merger, but there was always a hub in KC. I worked there for many years, including during the MD merger. And honestly, at Boeing, anyone could be an "engineer". I'm pretty sure he probably sued the company for sexual harrassment if he was an any way demerited for refusing to attend the meeting with the female vendor. I had intimate contact with the Legal Dept. at Boeing during my work there, so would not be surprised if he sued and won and got his big fat check. Lots of that kind of thing goes down there.

Dang! Bless you, WonderingInWashington.

I only wish I'd gotten back to delete what I said about Teri's looks earlier. So unnecessary, wish I hadn't posted those words. I'll live with the self-reproach (srsly). Honestly, that family just brings me *so* far down.

And now to think that he got into some deep pockets and made a tidy sum from it. Wonder if he ever preaches a sermon on honesty in the corporate arena. Probably not, since anything other than self-employment is Wrong. Just as the FLDS'ers reportedly take every government benefit they qualify for and call it "bleeding the beast", I'll wager that he found great satisfaction in whatever settlment he got.

OH, I really need to take another break from FJ, not because I don't love it here but the Maxwells, those sad, dreary people, ....

Before I go, I should post this on the engagement thread but I"m afraid if I go to another Maxwell topic I will disappear in a cloud of expired Prozac: The Maxwells and Muntzes prayed for and blessed the engaged couple and "many tears were shed" - the Maxwells cry on their knees on New Year's eves for the unsaved folks -- are tears becoming an idol, there, hmmm????????

I'm out for another while. See you when times get better!

:character-ariel: <---(me, exiting, stage left) ;)

I knew I'd seen the Maxwells earlier than the current blog and forgot all about Wayback Machine. Steve made light of Teri's obviously profound depression. Kind of jack ass who jokes "Depression is all in your mind." Sarah looked good back then because she thought she had a FUTURE. Poor girl.

I love how the first thing you see in big bold letters is:

Steve, you are an insecure, egotistical, manipulative asshat.

You guys who read it are betterthan me, I can't make it past a paragraph of their religious tripe.

This is a serious question, but how on earth can it be legally upheld that going to a meeting with a person of the opposite gender is sexual harrassment?

my god...next thing, all job descriptions will be required to say "may require some sort of contact with members of the opposite gender"; sort of like coffee cups all have to say "caution: contents may be hot".

oy. what an asshole.

FWIW, I can't find any indication (on this site or the old) that indicates that Steve/the Maxwells sued Steve's place of employment for any reason relating to gender, "harassment," etc. The most detail I can find regarding the circumstances of leaving his job is found here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200005212042 ... 2-98-d.htm

I'm assuming that the "stand" he had to take involved him working with women to some degree. Which makes him a sexist, patriarchal asshole, but not necessarily a litigious one.

That said, this is just what I could find through my perusal of their blog, which isn't as complete a search as it could be. I'm happy to issue a mea culpa if someone can dig up evidence to the contrary.

Can't pin anything down, but I know I've seen fundie advice to the extent of 'never be alone with a member of the opposite sex'.

And WE'RE obsessed with sex, got it. :roll:

Some Googling brings up these similarly-themed gems:

http://www.boundlessline.org/2010/03/oppositesex-friends-beyond-marriage.html

For those navigating opposite-gender friendships with married friends, I offer two principles: 1) Have a friendship that is above reproach — if others think it seems fishy (or if the new spouse is not OK with it), it probably is; 2) Honor the couple above the friendship. This may mean modifying the level of friendship you have had in the past for the good of your friend's marital relationship. On a personal note, I have appreciated how Kevin has welcomed in my male friends as "our" friends. I don't do things with male friends alone, but instead my husband and I extend friendship to them together. Plus, if Kevin even has a hint of uneasiness with a particular friendship, I respect his wishes on the matter.

http://rindy.wordpress.com/2009/01/16/leading-in-ministry-alone-with-the-opposite-sex/

One of our policies for leading at Walls Down Church is very simple: don’t be alone with anyone of the opposite sex. One slip, one perception, or one person looking for opportunity can tear down a ministry.

Perceptions can destroy a ministry? Some strong ministry you've built there.

we travel in separate cars wherever we go (and yes, it may mean following right behind)

we meet only in public places

if I’m working at the office (in their house), Sherri is always home

if Sherri needs to leave the house, then either Paul or I also leave (even if we’re in the middle of working)

if I need to drop something to Paul, or he needs to drop something to me at my house, we either wait until someone else is home or meet at the door, stand outside, drop it off and leave

You know, my parents had reasonably firm rules about me having boys over when I was a teenager, but that was hedonism compared to this bunk.

FWIW, I can't find any indication (on this site or the old) that indicates that Steve/the Maxwells sued Steve's place of employment for any reason relating to gender, "harassment," etc. The most detail I can find regarding the circumstances of leaving his job is found here:

http://www.titus2.com/Corners/2-98-d.htm

I'm assuming that the "stand" he had to take involved him working with women to some degree. Which makes him a sexist, patriarchal asshole, but not necessarily a litigious one.

That said, this is just what I could find through my perusal of their blog, which isn't as complete a search as it could be. I'm happy to issue a mea culpa if someone can dig up evidence to the contrary.

I'm sure he would never actually admit to suing the company if he felt he was harassed. All I will say is that Boeing settles a lot of their cases with disgruntled employees out of court. And they have a lot of threatened cases ongoing at any given time. It is impossible to speculate why Stevie left, but it would not surprise me if it had something to do with working with women. Or FOR women. The company is very male-dominated with a lot of sexist attitudes (I sat in a meeting once where one of the male managers actually told a pregnant woman to keep her legs crossed tightly until we met a specific date for a project goal. And no one said anything. I wish I were kidding.).

I'm sure he would never actually admit to suing the company if he felt he was harassed. All I will say is that Boeing settles a lot of their cases with disgruntled employees out of court. And they have a lot of threatened cases ongoing at any given time. It is impossible to speculate why Stevie left, but it would not surprise me if it had something to do with working with women. Or FOR women. The company is very male-dominated with a lot of sexist attitudes (I sat in a meeting once where one of the male managers actually told a pregnant woman to keep her legs crossed tightly until we met a specific date for a project goal. And no one said anything. I wish I were kidding.).

Right. I was referring to a poster upthread who swore that they'd discussed a lawsuit in writing somewhere. I'm just saying that I can't find any indication of such a statement. Besides, speculation is sort of unnecessary when you have the goldmine of snark (or horror) that is the Maxwell blog/website. It's not like we're lacking for material. :lol:

This link didn't work for me but I did get a Maxwell 404 that is oh-so-cutesy:

I'm Sorry,

The page that you were asking for does not exist. This means that we’ve looked all over for it, but came up empty, unfortunately.

Try under the driver's seat in the bus....

so, i'm surfing about on Huffpo, linked from the Google/Gay marriage article, and found the REAL reason Teri had to give up her Pepsi!

After it was discovered that PepsiCo gave a combined $1,000,000 to the Human Rights Campaign and PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) to promote the so-called "homosexual lifestyle" in the workplace, the American Family Accociation posted a "Boycott Pepsi Pledge," urging conservatives to stay away from Pepsi drinks, Frito Lay chips, Quaker Oats, and Gatorade.

The "accociation" bothers me, but I left it. I did, however, feel the need to indicate my dismay.

Quote:

One of our policies for leading at Walls Down Church is very simple: don’t be alone with anyone of the opposite sex. One slip, one perception, or one person looking for opportunity can tear down a ministry.

Sins of perception, that's a new one for me.

I perceive these folks to be asshats.

Apologies; I copied and pasted the wrong link. I'll go back and correct. In the meantime, here's the correct one:

http://web.archive.org/web/200005212042 ... 2-98-d.htm

Thanks!

Unsurprisingly, the 404 message is more entertaining.

Well then they decided they would give me the choice between another job and a layoff. This was not according to our plan at all! God was supposed to make it absolutely clear by not giving us any room for a decision. That part brought some real earnestness to our prayers. Finally, God gave Teri and I full peace that I was to leave and come home.

The man is ANNOYED WITH GOD for not doing the job he thinks He should be doing. Wow.

I was left at the ER with no money (Purse was in my van accidentally) I called our then Mega Church (which has been seen on 19 Kids by the way) and was told no one could help because the minister on duty was a man and his wife was not able to come with him. I kid you not! I've known many men who choose not to ride in a car alone, eat alone etc with a woman not their wife. There is nothing wrong with that stand, but good grief--leaving a woman and child at an ER in the middle of the night?? My van was 20+ miles away.............. I work in Christian University and we ARE allowed to share a car for work purposes but most people go to lunch in 3s if it's mixed group. For some people that's the way it's always been. I. having been raised by liberals, find it silly, but I don't want to make someone else uncomfortable so I go along with it.

Sins of perception, that's a new one for me.

It's based on 1 Thessalonians 5:22 "Abstain from all appearance of evil."

It would take ages to deconstruct everything that's wrong with the Corner about the DANGER!!11!! of going to lunch with a female colleague, but this part is particularly eye-roll-worthy to me, for some reason:

...how did we fall in love with our wives? For me, I spent time with Teri, she became my friend (and still is) and then I fell in love with her. So why would we expect not to be in danger in becoming attached to ANY other woman that we spent much time with? From David until now, men daily are trapped, could you be next?

Um. When I met my husband, I was looking for a relationship. Now that I am married, I do not think of other men as potential partners. I do not "need" anything from them, which creates a natural emotional distance. That's why a work lunch is not worth worrying about. I could go to lunch with the best-looking, most intelligent, most personable man in the world, and while it might be exciting to be in his company, I would not become romantically attached to him because there is no place for him in my life other than as a colleague or friend.

So, Steve, if your relationship with Teri is soooo great (not to mention God-honoring), why are you in danger of becoming attached to some woman you had lunch with once?

so, i'm surfing about on Huffpo, linked from the Google/Gay marriage article, and found the REAL reason Teri had to give up her Pepsi!

The "accociation" bothers me, but I left it. I did, however, feel the need to indicate my dismay.

The Maxwells are so isolationist, they probably don't know about the boycott. They don't belong to any political groups or even read the newspapers. They believe political activism takes time away from the Lord.

Right. I was referring to a poster upthread who swore that they'd discussed a lawsuit in writing somewhere. I'm just saying that I can't find any indication of such a statement. Besides, speculation is sort of unnecessary when you have the goldmine of snark (or horror) that is the Maxwell blog/website. It's not like we're lacking for material. :lol:

I think he just mentioned the issues - the lawsuit part is just a speculation, based on knowledge of Boeing and then wondering just where in the heck the Maxwells get all their income, just because their current gigs don't seem all that lucrative.

There's a really long thread on this somewhere, but... there's the "oh no I can't have lunch with a woman" thing, and then SEPARATELY from that there's the issue that made him leave his job. As far as I know details weren't uncovered, but according to Steve-O he was asked to do something that would not only breach his personal ethical code but also that he wouldn't ask anyone else to do, and he said he'd rather see his job be eliminated (not just him being fired) rather than see someone else have to do it.

So I have no clue, but I will not deny being intrigued. I was wondering if possibly it had anything to do with sales. Or sales plus women. If he had to negotiate with women? But he apparently felt it was some terrible thing he was being asked to do.

The other thing is, if he has to go to technical trade shows (as an engineer or in sales) there is likely to be not only schmoozing with women in his same job category (even if they are a minority, they DO exist!!) but also dealing with "booth babes." I can't imagine Steve-O being okay with booth babes...

Him being annoyed at God for not removing the situation entirely out of Steve-O's own control is just hilarious, yeah. Ego much?? Not to mention, for a guy who goes on about personal responsibility and the like, come on, make a decision ON YOUR OWN.

When I met my husband, I was looking for a relationship. Now that I am married, I do not think of other men as potential partners. I do not "need" anything from them, which creates a natural emotional distance.

Oh, so much this. When I was unhappily single, in the six months or so before meeting my husband, I was sizing up EVERY guy I met as possible boyfriend material. Or, heck, a quick shag; I wasn't particular.

Last weekend I was at a volunteer workshop and I actually thought, wow, it's so much more relaxing to hang out with guys, now that I am happily married to the most wonderful guy ever.

Which, hmm, I can't imagine that fundie girls don't go through that sort of thing (minus the 'random sex encounter' - though as we saw with RR's sister, apparently that does happen). 'Is THIS the man God has set aside for me, and will Daddy approve?' That's got to be so much pressure. Poor kids.

Archived