IGNORED

Old Maxwell Fam Pics

sippin0nsunshine

I may be alone in this, but I don't think Sarah looks really happy at all. She looks like she's smiling on the outside; crying on the inside. These years were likely very hard on her: a crazy father, a depressed, overly critical mother in chronic pain, the only older daughter trying to keep their house "Maxwell-perfectly" clean, first made to feel different and then separated from friends at church, feeling guilty about normal teenage thoughts. No, I don't think Sarah was happy at all.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may be alone in this, but I don't think Sarah looks really happy at all. She looks like she's smiling on the outside; crying on the inside. These years were likely very hard on her: a crazy father, a depressed, overly critical mother in chronic pain, the only older daughter trying to keep their house "Maxwell-perfectly" clean, first made to feel different and then separated from friends at church, feeling guilty about normal teenage thoughts. No, I don't think Sarah was happy at all.

Um, we've been saying that for years. :? Why would you think you'd be alone in that?

Um, we've been saying that for years. :? Why would you think you'd be alone in that?

I'm not HoneyBunny, but I would guess it was prompted by several comments about how happy she looks in the earlier photos

I can't see any photos on wayback. :( Can anyone suggest anything I can do to see pictures on there?

I'm not HoneyBunny, but I would guess it was prompted by several comments about how happy she looks in the earlier photos

The OP and one other person said that, but no one else. There certainly weren't "several comments". I thought it was an odd statement, especially from someone who has been around for at least a year.

There's a picture out there with Sarah in PANTS, believe it or not.

Early last year, Sarah posted a picture of herself as a little kid and you can see the pants. She looks to be about 4 years old, adorable, and happy.

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/01/07/the-three-older-ones/

And here's a post that has a picture of all the reversals as little kids:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/01/05/ten-years-ago/

The OP and one other person said that, but no one else. There certainly weren't "several comments". I thought it was an odd statement, especially from someone who has been around for at least a year.

Yes, thank you, I was trying to NOT say that I didn't agree at all that Sarah looked happy. I was trying to say I disagreed in a more polite way. Which is an issue that some are obviously not troubled with.

I just saw the pic of the reversal kids. They were kind of odd looking. John and Jesse eventually grew into their looks. Mary was very cute.

"Twas I who said that Sarah looked "warmer" in those earlier pix. Today, her face is thin, almost gaunt. At least in those earlier pix, she had some meat on her bones and a softer hairstyle.

I totally agree that today she looks miserable and not healthy.

Early last year, Sarah posted a picture of herself as a little kid and you can see the pants. She looks to be about 4 years old, adorable, and happy.

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/01/07/the-three-older-ones/

And here's a post that has a picture of all the reversals as little kids:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/01/05/ten-years-ago/

Yes!! That's it. Thanks for those.

They look so normal, don't they?

"In the 80's..." let's see, if Sarah is 30 now in 2012, that would make her born in 1982, and if she's say, 4 in this picture that would put it around 1986. Interesting to think about that, I was in high school on the other side of the earth and had no inkling of fundiedom at the time. Interesting where life takes us all. :)

Sorry, I didn't bother to count. I guess I should have said a couple of comments. I will say, however, that they stuck out to me, too.

Yes, thank you, I was trying to NOT say that I didn't agree at all that Sarah looked happy. I was trying to say I disagreed in a more polite way. Which is an issue that some are obviously not troubled with.

This isn't a polite place. Get over yourself and stop clutching your pearls. :roll:

Does Sarah have pierced ears in that pic from the 80s???

AND she's wearing jewelry? I may faint.

That picture of little!Sarah seriously makes me sad. I just don't get why any parent would enjoy turning that adorable, happy little 4-year old with her jewelry and her puppy and a life ahead of her into the depressed, lonely woman she is today.

Does Sarah have pierced ears in that pic from the 80s???

AND she's wearing jewelry? I may faint.

Good catch. That is, indeed an earring in the lobe of a Maxwell. I wonder when Stevie took away her earrings for good and how Sarah reacted to it.

The Maxwells really leave a dusty, unpleasant feeling in my stomach; there's no joy to them. Steve as a younger man looks exactly like the putzy little schmuck kind of guy who would tie up his employer in litigation over his personal uptighties.

The Maxwells really leave a dusty, unpleasant feeling in my stomach; there's no joy to them. Steve as a younger man looks exactly like the putzy little schmuck kind of guy who would tie up his employer in litigation over his personal uptighties.

Did he do that?

Teri Maxwell is not a particularly attractive woman. Homely, maybe? Those frumpy collared dresses don't help matters either. Steve looks the same: a self-important religious prick with an ego the size of Texas.

Didn't I read somewhere that Steve left his original job because he would have had to work with--gasp--wimmenz?

I remember that, too. Maybe from a Corner? I recall Steve saying something about having to go to a business lunch with a woman and being really upset about it. Don't remember if he actually went to lunch or flat out refused.

I remember that, too. Maybe from a Corner? I recall Steve saying something about having to go to a business lunch with a woman and being really upset about it. Don't remember if he actually went to lunch or flat out refused.

I read that last night and I'm looking for it. However, I found this gem- I really want to know where you can earn $35,000 with no experience and a high school (SOTDRT) diploma? Maybe if you were working construction and the weather was really good so you didn't lose a lot of days. But more often than not, I'm not aware of many jobs where you make that kind of money with just a diploma.

If a young man has prepared well during high school, he should fairly easily be able to earn thirty-five thousand dollars or more a year when he graduates. Start with a yearly income and then subtract tithes, offerings, and taxes. Then money must be put aside for transportation, insurance (medical and auto), and other incidental expenses. If your son is frugal he should be able to save 50 percent or slightly more of his income while living at home.

link via the wayback machine:

web.archive.org/web/20021202111214/http://titus2.com/corners/5-01-d.htm

I read that last night and I'm looking for it. However, I found this gem- I really want to know where you can earn $35,000 with no experience and a high school (SOTDRT) diploma? Maybe if you were working construction and the weather was really good so you didn't lose a lot of days. But more often than not, I'm not aware of many jobs where you make that kind of money with just a diploma.

If a young man has prepared well during high school, he should fairly easily be able to earn thirty-five thousand dollars or more a year when he graduates. Start with a yearly income and then subtract tithes, offerings, and taxes. Then money must be put aside for transportation, insurance (medical and auto), and other incidental expenses. If your son is frugal he should be able to save 50 percent or slightly more of his income while living at home.

link via the wayback machine:

web.archive.org/web/20021202111214/http://titus2.com/corners/5-01-d.htm

And he claims they can make it "fairly easily". I agree, how many high school grads can make that? If each Maxwell male is making at least that, well that answers all of our questions about how they are supporting about 16 people on what Communications Concepts brings in.

And he claims they can make it "fairly easily". I agree, how many high school grads can make that? If each Maxwell male is making at least that, well that answers all of our questions about how they are supporting about 16 people on what Communications Concepts brings in.

I think Steve is deluded. He feeds this line of BS to other fundies and they believe it! I'd like Steve-o to produce these SOTDRT grads who are making $35,000 a year right after earning their diploma from their Fundie High School. If they are making $35,000 a year then I should be making $100,000 with my 4 year degree, years of experience and additional Master's course work.

Oh yeah. Horror of horrors...he was invited to lunch with a female colleague:

http://web.archive.org/web/199912041436 ... 5-97-d.htm

My goodness, what a miserable fucking existence. I can't imagine being in a marriage - a relationship even - that's based on jealousy and distrust like that. No wonder why all these pathetic women go back to their cheating husbands. People like Steve Maxwell tell them to practically expect it to happen if you let them out of your sight.

Archived