IGNORED

Old Maxwell Fam Pics

sippin0nsunshine

This isn't a polite place. Get over yourself and stop clutching your pearls. :roll:

Sounds like the self-appointed board bully is the one who needs to get over herself. Don't think you're going to dictate my choice of words- you're not. And trying to do so makes you no different than those we live to snark on.

(Releasing death grip on pearls now)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Maxwells are so isolationist, they probably don't know about the boycott. They don't belong to any political groups or even read the newspapers. They believe political activism takes time away from the Lord.

Somehow, during the Monica Lewinsky thing, Steve was still up on current events, because he had a written fit about it in one of his "Corners" (I believe that was the medium). But since then, they seem to have become much more isolated. This is what I always find hilarious about the "my sons (forget about the girls) haven't felt God's call to join the military" thing. Do they even know what it means to be in the military? Does ANYONE who knows them think that the possibility of joining the military ever even enters their minds?

Just try not following the news when you have a spouse in a war zone. I was on the computer every spare moment for two years. I don't think God minded one bit.

Howdy. I probably am the poster who "remembers" evidence of some sort of conflict and settlement between Steve The Pure But Prone To Feeling Led Astray. My memory these days is good for avoiding green bananas (I could die before they ripen, I'm so old!) but little else. ba-dump-bump.

Saying this because my depression really is getting to serious levels and the Maxhells definitely exacerbate the situation so, after posting this I will not open any M-related topics and the whole point of this self-involved screed is: if there's reason to question me about anything I've posted re this bunch, have free to

PM me.

'Til times get better !! :)

This is what I always find hilarious about the "my sons (forget about the girls) haven't felt God's call to join the military" thing. Do they even know what it means to be in the military? Does ANYONE who knows them think that the possibility of joining the military ever even enters their minds?

They've had friends in the military (though not serving in a war IIRC). Namely, they met the Buckingham family (of BuckHale fame) when the Buckhinghams were stationed at the army base in Leavenworth (before they moved to Alaska). Steve-O served in Vietnam, too, but that was before he was "saved."

But people serving currently in the military? I don't think so.

I agree that the whole "God hasn't called my kids to X Y or Z" thing is complete nonsense, the issue is that Steve-O (or the other parents saying stuff like this) never remotely consider X Y or Z to be options for their kids, and that's that case closed.

so, i'm surfing about on Huffpo, linked from the Google/Gay marriage article, and found the REAL reason Teri had to give up her Pepsi!

As I walked past a car in a parking lot yesterday, the person who owned it opened the trunk. It was filled with full bottles of Pepsi and Diet Pepsi -- there must have been 50-60 of them in there!

All I could think was "I have seen Teri Maxwell's Heaven!"

:lol:

Archived