IGNORED

Be like the firefly, ladies!

dairyfreelife

This week I want to talk about Mr. Fireflys role and how the Misses need to act accordingly. The male is the one flying around trying to find the girl of his dreams, the one God picked for him.

he sees her shyly returning his light pattern. They talk, he watches her, she continues to shine her true light, they start courting with the intention of marriage,because deep inside, he knows she's the one.

That summer I can learn an important message from these fireflies. As a girl I should stay at home, read my Bible, pray every day, keep my heart clean, do my responsibilities at church, do my best in school/college, be a good example at work... be that girl the Lord wants me to be. As I am doing this I am flashing my light.

thebluebirdhouse.blogspot.de/2012/06/waiting-for-mr-right-like-firefly-part.html

thebluebirdhouse.blogspot.de/2012/07/waiting-for-mr-right-like-firefly-part.html

This is nice, but there's one tiny little problem Iris missed...humans aren't fireflies so we're not supposed to be like them. And no, fireflies don't get married. No vows, no speeches, no dancing, no cake, nothing. They don't really talk, and if they communicate it's very brief, and they don't court and then marry...they go off and mate...without marriage. Analogy fail. And I doubt those lady fireflies are sitting at "home" waiting for a male to find them. They shine those lights to attract a male to them, so she's doing a lot of pursuing in her own way. ;) Again, analogy fail

Serenityship.jpg

plus

003_planet-express-ship_aknightofni.png

Surely God and I are on the same page with this match.

A firefly got in my room last night, and tried "flashing his light pattern" at the overhead lights in my ceiling fan. It's probably a good thing his mate wasn't trying to follow him, because it didn't end well :?

/random tangent

Is it horrible that my first thought when reading the thread title was "...what, you want me to stick a light bulb up my ass?" O_o??

Wait -- I've been working so hard to become a duckling; now I have to switch over to being a firefly?

Hmmmm . . . duck . . . firefly . . . what does that remind me of?

ULC5i.jpg

That's it! Rufus T. Firefly, in Duck Soup!

We're supposed to be more like Groucho? I'm in! :dance:

Wait, when it comes to working we're supposed to be like the busy bee but when we fuck we're supposed to be like fireflies? What if she's wrong? What if we're supposed to work like cockroaches and screw like praying mantises? What other weird and bizarre animal metaphors is she getting totally ass-backwards, anyway? Are we supposed to raise our young like tarantulas and build houses like termites, or is it the other way around?

Ahhh, this gives me a chance to pull out my favorite little poem!!

glow-worm.gif

On that note, fireflies don't work like that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/30/scien ... wanted=all

The more Dr. Lewis watched firefly courtship, the clearer it became that the females were carefully choosing mates. They start dialogues with up to 10 males in a single evening and can keep several conversations going at once. But a female mates with only one male, typically the one she has responded to the most.

http://www.livescience.com/6717-firefli ... shows.html

"In the field, under natural conditions, we find that a responding female Photinus carolinus attracted several males," Moiseff told Life's Little Mysteries. "These males then cluster around her and interact among each other, as well as with the female."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 092710.htm

A night of firefly romance also includes gifts, called spermatophores, that each male donates to his sweetheart. But the next night these females are likely to mate again with a different male.

So... who wants to be the one to tell her that her analogy fails because it's just plain wrong?

Wait, when it comes to working we're supposed to be like the busy bee but when we fuck we're supposed to be like fireflies? What if she's wrong? What if we're supposed to work like cockroaches and screw like praying mantises?

:lol:

and

G8M27.jpg

:lol:

and

G8M27.jpg

Love the image.

Also, I finally worked it out! We're supposed to roll like a pillbug* and jump like a flea. It's so clear to me now!

* Potato bug? Roly poly? Woodlouse? Screw it, I'm just going to use its family name: armadillidiidae. Bet you can't say that three times fast! Hell, I can't say it one time slow, but isn't it an awesome name?

Also, I finally worked it out! We're supposed to roll like a pillbug* and jump like a flea. It's so clear to me now!

No, no. Like Muhammed Ali, we must float like a butterfly and sting like a bee!

HXzQqqn-rVc

Is it horrible that my first thought when reading the thread title was "...what, you want me to stick a light bulb up my ass?" O_o??

Ha. Was just gonna say my own self, I can't seem to get this lightstick up my nether regions...

Ha. Was just gonna say my own self, I can't seem to get this lightstick up my nether regions...

Well, they sell products specifically for that purpose....

A night of firefly romance also includes gifts, called spermatophores, that each male donates to his sweetheart. But the next night these females are likely to mate again with a different male.

It sounds like those fireflies are giving away pieces of their hearts.....

Serenityship.jpg

plus

003_planet-express-ship_aknightofni.png

Surely God and I are on the same page with this match.

Thank you, that's right where my brain went. I was hoping they "aim to misbehave."

I would prefer to be like a mantid and devour the male after mating.

Damn it, I wanted to say that =( XD

This reminds me of the "Consider the Lilies" bit in Life of Brian.

9czBBKof7Yo

She's havin' a go at the fireflies now!

I don't know who corrected her, but she seemed slightly annoyed that someone dared to point out that her analogy doesn't work.

Archived