emesbe

Sarah must be sad and must realize no way will she ever be getting married. At least Joseph probably gets to move into his house soon, instead of waiting for years to get married like Christopher. How on earth did they meet? They're not allowed what some might call friends or interaction with other people, so I'm shocked they can meet anyone. Rebecca !!!!11!1!!1!!!! must be a little disapointed, though she has other Maxwell bros to pine over. I wonder how they would react to a broken engagement as opposed to a broken courtship. Engagement doesn't seem like something they can get out of in that atmosphere.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sarah must be sad and must realize no way will she ever be getting married. At least Joseph probably gets to move into his house soon, instead of waiting for years to get married like Christopher. How on earth did they meet? They're not allowed what some might call friends or interaction with other people, so I'm shocked they can meet anyone. Rebecca !!!!11!1!!1!!!! must be a little disapointed, though she has other Maxwell bros to pine over. I wonder how they would react to a broken engagement as opposed to a broken courtship. Engagement doesn't seem like something they can get out of in that atmosphere.

I think Steve is saving the arranged marriage for Sarah on her 40th birthday to some young guy from the elderly home. It'll be a surprise wedding one Sunday at the elderly home.

Thank the goddess I only had water in my mouth when I read that post :lol:

So I wonder what kind of a sex talk Steve gives the boys? Does he also tell his sons his their wives are not permitted pepsi?

You don't want the womenfolk knowing what pleasure is like, otherwise they might have expectations for their husbands! Oh the horror!

...aaaand, coming up soon - a post by Sarah saying how incredibly HAPPY and EXCITED she is that one of her younger brothers is getting married! ;) :roll:

Poor Sarah... She must feel awfully lonely, like an old maid of the 19th century...

As I read the Maxwells post about the engagement I heard a sound kinda like someone popping bubble wrap, then I realized it was the sound of Sarah's tired aging ovums exploding with jealousy joy.

She's pretty fashionable for a Maxwell wife! Maybe she can inject some spirit into the other women.

I guess the FJingerites were correct! Joseph had a girl in mind when he bought the house. That must be exciting for Joseph. As one of the reversal babies, he lived an extremely closest life, no friends, no outside activities, no time alone.....what will he do when he gets to live in a house with only another girl for company?!

Sarah Maxwell just got skipped and yes, that sucks for her. I was doubtful she'd get married anytime soon. I don't think Steve is deliberating trying to prevent her from getting married, but he's probably more protective of the girls. He probably doesn't allow the girls to venture out, meet other people their age. Steve probably has this idea that God will magically prop a guy down in their laps if He decides Sarah needs to marry. It never occurs to him that his own actions is preventing Sarah from getting married.

Does anyone know what Joseph actually does? John is the IT guy, right? I know the two boys have a construction business which doesn't seem to be garning any business. Does Joseph have enough income to support a family by himself? You know he'll be popping out kiddies in a year or so. I'm kind of skeptical a 23 year old guy can jump right into supporting a family debt free by working in nebulous jobs in a family business. Of course, living costs are low where they live and having no mortgage will help a lot. Anyways, the girl looks pretty, and happy. Let's hope the couple can be released from the crazy fundiedom hold that the rest of the Maxwell family lives in. Nathan seems to be raising happy, fun girls amidst the doom and gloom Steve. I'm hoping Joseph can also distant himself from the main clan too.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised because Joseph just bought a house, but still there was NO mention of any courtship. I would have thought that they would have promoted it as much as possible to boost blog visits. "Visiting friends out of state" must have been when the engagement happened.

She is very pretty. Hopefully, she doesn't lose that real smile from being in the Maxwell family.

As others have said, poor Sarah.

I'm not surprised either. When I read about Joseph buying a house, I figured there would be an engagement announcement before the end of the summer. I also find it odd that the courtship was never discussed and I agree it would have been good way to boost blog hits.

Prediction time

Joseph and Elizabeth marry late 2012 or sometime in 2013

In 2014, they welcome their first child.

I...

Does anyone know what Joseph actually does? John is the IT guy, right? I know the two boys have a construction business which doesn't seem to be garning any business. Does Joseph have enough income to support a family by himself? You know he'll be popping out kiddies in a year or so. I'm kind of skeptical a 23 year old guy can jump right into supporting a family debt free by working in nebulous jobs in a family business. Of course, living costs are low where they live and having no mortgage will help a lot. Anyways, the girl looks pretty, and happy. Let's hope the couple can be released from the crazy fundiedom hold that the rest of the Maxwell family lives in. Nathan seems to be raising happy, fun girls amidst the doom and gloom Steve. I'm hoping Joseph can also distant himself from the main clan too.

Heck I'm still wondering where he got the money to buy the house.

Rebecca K!!! will be disappointed. I'm glad it wasn't her, though.

I'm also glad it wasn't her. If I was Rebecca K, I would set my sights on John or Jesse. I think they are better looking than Joseph.

Ooh, I'll ghost-write Sarah's resignation acceptance welcome speech.

Dear blog readers,

We Maxwell children, along with our parents, are delighted to introduce Joseph's fiancee, Elizabeth, to you. Elizabeth is a Godly young woman who purposes to serve the Lord in all things. After many hours of sweet fellowship, the Lord laid it on Joseph's heart to ask Elizabeth to enter into Godly matrimony with him. Prayers were said and Joseph shared his heart with our Dad before he ever spoke to the young lady. It is Joseph's and Elizabeth's most earnest desire to serve and praise the Lord in their engagement and marriage. Congratulations on your engagement, Joseph! We love you and are so thankful for the Godly man you have become. We know you will make a wonderful husband and (God willing) father.

Love, Sarah

"And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone, I will make him an help meet for him."

--Genesis 2:18

Dear blog readers,

We Maxwell children, along with our parents, are delighted to introduce Joseph's fiancee, Elizabeth, to you. Elizabeth is a Godly young woman who purposes to serve the Lord in all things. After many hours of sweet fellowship, the Lord laid it on Joseph's heart to ask Elizabeth to enter into Godly matrimony with him. Prayers were said and Joseph shared his heart with our Dad before he ever spoke to the young lady. It is Joseph's and Elizabeth's most earnest desire to serve and praise the Lord in their engagement and marriage. Congratulations on your engagement, Joseph! We love you and are so thankful for the Godly man you have become. We know you will make a wonderful husband and (God willing) father.

Love, Sarah

"And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone, I will make him an help meet for him."

:clap:

Joseph getting married. Joseph and John are practically joined at the hip. I wonder how they will function when Joseph gets married? Maybe john will move in with Joseph and Elizabeth? That could be his first step to freedom from Steve.

Why can't Steve get off his ass and get Sarah a man? COME ON Steve, now Joseph is getting married and poor Sarah is stuck pretending she is happy about it.

The girl is pretty and somewhat stylish for a Maxwell. I guess she is early 20's and she will have the most baby Maxwells in the end.

Dear blog readers,

Love, Sarah

Great job, but missing a few commas. :mrgreen: You could write a Moody book and no one would know the difference! :dance:

And of course, poor Sarah. Now that a Reversal is engaged, she's officially an old maid. Heck, even I was dating my husband at her age (we wimmens get married older than average around here).

i think you left out a bit:

the Lord laid it on Joseph's heart to ask Elizabeth's headship if she would be allowed to enter into Godly matrimony

Can of pepsi to the first jfer who can find out her provenance!

Dang, I have a doctor's appt. and have to leave in 10 minutes. This is FJ: by the time I get home, her lineage (both mother's and father's sides) will have been discovered and disseminated in detail. :lol:

Perhaps she has an older brother that Sarah might take a shine to? Lord knows she has no other way to meet gentlemen.

So long, Joseph - you are now "extended family."

Dang, I have a doctor's appt. and have to leave in 10 minutes. This is FJ: by the time I get home, her lineage (both mother's and father's sides) will have been discovered and disseminated in detail. :lol:

From your lips to the Lord's ears. Details, we need DETAILS on this Elizabeth.

Archived