IGNORED

Dillards 43: Tweeting for God

samurai_sarah

53 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I think it's deff for the show too because I feel like I see a microphone behind his back unless that's an awkward edit.

I thought the same thing at first but I think it is a weird shadow from the candlelight. 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the campuses of Cross Church at within a two county area and the TTH is pretty much in the middle. 

Makes me so sad that a husband making dinner while the wife struggles with getting their 2 children's bedtimes is seen as instagram-worthy.  I know we just finished arguing about men doing basic work in their own homes over in the Seewald thread, but still, ugh, Fundamentalists.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

instagram-worthy

Eh. I instagram a lot of shit that's probably not instagram-worthy, but I like the photo so there it is. :)

Basically anything Jill would praise Derick for doing would garner an eye roll from me, just because I can't read her gushing about him being such a great husband without thinking about all the tweets and stuff that make him seem like such a jerk!

Wow, he cooked a meal (like a human being) and lit a Yankee candle. What an AMAZING man!

Okay, I know I'm super biased against Derick so that everything he does seems like a steaming pile of garbage to me, but this is the only thing Jill could find to praise him for? "Ladies, find a man who lets you struggle with the kids all day while he's at his fake ministry school that costs $12000 and then condescends to cook you a basic dinner and light a candle." It's just sad.

The dude does a basic household task and Jill gives him the Nobel Prize, even though she was the one working for an hour. The inflated value placed on everything that men do and devaluation of women's work blows!

they always make everything so dark and twisted. They literally have no light in their life.

Whereas Jessa goes on about her life, Jill is a shut down woman imo 

I'm more confused about Derick's facial expression?! It looks like he was surprised when Jill took the picture. Jessa knows it's a brand, it wouldn't kill her to share with her sibling that smiling pictures generally garner more positive responses...

I saw this photo this morning on my Instagram feed and honestly - it feels like the photo was an afterthought along the lines of 'Wait!  I have to take a picture and post it or it didn't really happen.'

I hope everyone remembers to praise their "hubbys" for insignificant shit today. I plan on praising mine for checking the mail.

I'm also kind of surprised at the place they are living. It looks really dark - so far we've seen the kitchen and dining area and not a window in sight. Also isn't updated. Are they in an apartment? A basement? With all of JimBob's real estate it's a bit surprising they left the nicer pool house for something like this. I doubt it would be Jill-driven as she seems to thrive on being close, but it just seems a bit of an odd choice. Jessa's house is very modest but really nice and cute and bright inside. Every time I see pics of the Dillards now I feel like they are somewhere dark and uninviting. Few personal touches of the place seen, if I had to guess I'd guess a rental with furniture. Contrast that with the McMansion they lived in when they got married. I don't know, maybe I'm making something out of nothing, but if I was Jill and taking stock of my life since the wedding, the trendline is just undeniably...downhill in most respects.

Their kitchen/dining area definitely looks apartment-ish. My daughter's apartment only has windows on one side (living room and bedrooms). The kitchen, bathrooms, and dining room are on the "back side" - meaning they back up to another apartment.

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

I saw this photo this morning on my Instagram feed and honestly - it feels like the photo was an afterthought along the lines of 'Wait!  I have to take a picture and post it or it didn't really happen.'

I totally agree based on the weird expression, the food already being eaten, and the fact that there's terrible lighting.

3 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

I'm more confused about Derick's facial expression?! It looks like he was surprised when Jill took the picture. Jessa knows it's a brand, it wouldn't kill her to share with her sibling that smiling pictures generally garner more positive responses...

Jessa has always had a better eye for the aesthetics of things, and I'm not surprised it extends to taking a photo for Instagram. She's always been better at hair and makeup and been more into taking selfies and such than Jill. Jill also always dressed with less emphasis on fashion than Jessa or Jinger. Jessa should give Jill a lesson in Instagram 101! 

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope everyone remembers to praise their "hubbys" for insignificant shit today. I plan on praising mine for checking the mail.

Will you be doing this publicly and properly on social media? ;)

24 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Contrast that with the McMansion they lived in when they got married. I don't know, maybe I'm making something out of nothing, but if I was Jill and taking stock of my life since the wedding, the trendline is just undeniably...downhill in most respects.

I thought it was so strange that after Jill and Derick got married, they decorated that mcmansion all pinterest-y complete with a beautiful nursery for Israel. Then they left it all to go to Central America when they didn't even speak spanish. Israel's nursery became a pack n play in an otherwise pretty empty looking space. Meanwhile the crib, coordinating curtains, painted picture frames and wedding gifts just sat in the mcmansion? It struck me as odd. What young family would give that all up? It's like the sprucing up of the mcmansion was just for the show and they never intended to live there. Maybe I'm just projecting my own feelings, but I never would have left!

That's a really good point about all the decor and furniture... Where did it go? Is it sitting in storage somewhere in Duggarland, or maybe it got redistributed to the other siblings?

I wish someone had set up a fake Twitter account for Derick like Ryan set up a fake blog for Creed in The Office. Then again, keep exposing that bigotry to the public Derelicte. Keep exposing it.

7 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Basically anything Jill would praise Derick for doing would garner an eye roll from me, just because I can't read her gushing about him being such a great husband without thinking about all the tweets and stuff that make him seem like such a jerk!

I feel like her standards are low for what a good husband should be. Oh, Derick can boil water! He's the best husband ever, no man can do that!! He burped Henry that one time, isn't it grand?? Derick can wipe his own butt, isn't he godly? JESUS (and that works both as an exclamation of disbelief at her shockingly low standards and what she considers as the mostest important trait in a man)

And :puke-huge:to the idea of marrying a man like Derick.

12 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Maybe compared to JB, Derick is a catch. 

Scary thought.

That's kind of like saying being quickly devoured by a dragon is preferable to being slowly mauled by a bear... or debating who has the smelliest farts.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived