IGNORED

Dillards 42: Tweeting to Unpopularity

Coconut Flan

Was he paid for his visits home? Nobody gets that sort of vacation time when they first start a job. So, he's a student now, and that counts as work? Most students have actual paying jobs while they go to school. They don't ask other people for momey.  Get real, Derick.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Grifting is a full time job now! 

What the hell is he talking about? Does he really think grifting and going on missioncations and months long vacations count as full-time??? What is he smoking? Can someone study how his brain works/doesn't work?

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Derick is too thinned skinned to be employed as a minister or a public official. He is too thin skinned to be famous or even work on a D- list reality TV show. Derick is meant for working in a cubicle, alone....making widgets or counting beans.  Again, I think Derick needs to be sent to whatever finishing school that Ben and Jessa attended. He needs a full makeover- head to toe, mind and soul.

So what you're saying is Derick is fundie Trump?

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

And if he was a "full time salaried employee" while in Central America, why did he need to beg for thousands of dollars in donations specifically to fund his expenses?

:eleventy: Someone needs to ask him this!!!

Oooh he's answering more questions now. He claims he had a salary in Nepal.

Rufus Bless this person: 

Here's what I have to say about Jill and Derick:

If Derick has a legitimate health issue that we don't know about that makes it impossible for him to work, fine.  If he thinks he can't work a normal 9-5 job because Jill can't emotionally handle it, fine.  Welfare reform, with its insistence that everyone "just work!!", has been a failure for many, so I recognize that working isn't the answer for everybody.  (I'm not saying they're on welfare, I'm just using it as an example of the "just work and everything will be fine and dandy" fallacy).

THAT SAID, DWreck, don't vote for politicians who say that people who don't work are lazy!!!!  And don't you dare propagate their simplistic rhetoric about "personal responsibility" and their racist myths about "welfare queens".  Not everyone is lucky enough like you, to have wealthy family and reality TV benefactors.  You can't have it both ways!!!

LOL I don't think I've ever seen someone list K-12 school as proof of hard work. That's hysterical. 

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

LOL I don't think I've ever seen someone list K-12 school as proof of hard work. That's hysterical. 

Maybe compared to his in-laws it seems like it. Like he's been surrounded by people who barely have anything that could be called an education and did hardly any school work, so he thinks going to grade school and high school full time was a really admirable achievement.

I hope he adds his K-12 achievements to his LinkedIn page. Since it's proof of his hard work, they should be there.

Student - SomeOklahomaSchoolI'mTooLazyToLookUp

1995-2008

I learned my ABC's and how to form sentences. I attended recess where I learned to make valuable friendships and participated in activities such as "tag" and "hide and seek." I continued to attend the required school daily because that's what was expected of me. I learned about science, also, creationism isn't real. Special achievements are as follows: Attendance Award,  helped a teacher clean up once. 

Wow, Derick is in a deep hole and needs to learn to stop digging. 

I got a little curious about his only true period of traditional employment - his 17 months of glory as an entry-level employee at Walmart corporate. According to Glassdoor, it looks like he was earning about about $44k/yr (+/- 2k).

59e57c8422f6e_ScreenShot2017-10-16at23_41_10.png.751a781ca474b74b40ac2dc7470b87b3.png

I know life is cheap in Arkansas and that's a lot more than many young people earn. But that's not the kind of salary that would allow someone to be able to save up and then quit after 17 months in order to pursue a passion project while supporting a dependent wife and new born. Clearly the Dillards are not supporting themselves on traditionally-earned income.

Samuel is definitely in DC. I’m guessing Israel is probably back home with Cathy. It’s also possible he’s at the TTH, but I just have a hunch that he’s with Cathy.

@lomo6My husband’s starting salary at a CPA Firm was $45,000. This was back in 2010 and in Connecticut though. He lived with his parents rent-free for about three years before we bought our first place. 

I know next to nothing about that part of Arkansas, but I wouldn’t be surprised if $44,000 went waaaaaay further out there then it does here. 

I'm taking back my earlier comment about feeling hopeful because D'wreck finally addressed his "get-a-job" detractors in a tweet.  Reading through his responses, I can see he's nothing more than a candy-assed troll.  I got snookered. :fubar:

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Samuel is definitely in DC. I’m guessing Israel is probably back home with Cathy. It’s also possible he’s at the TTH, but I just have a hunch that he’s with Cathy.

@lomo6My husband’s starting salary at a CPA Firm was $45,000. This was back in 2010 and in Connecticut though. He lived with his parents rent-free for about three years before we bought our first place. 

I know next to nothing about that part of Arkansas, but I wouldn’t be surprised if $44,000 went waaaaaay further out there then it does here. 

Lincoln didnt spend his "final hours" in Ford's Theatre, Dilly.... He was shot at ~10:15 PM on April 14, 1865 in Ford's Theatre.  He died at 7:22 a.m. on April 15, 1865 at 516 10th Street NW in Washington, D.C. - Peterson House.   History is hard.

Also, I find it creepy to stand in front of a place where someone was mortally wounded and smile.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Lincoln didnt spend his "final hours" in Ford's Theatre, Dilly.... He was shot at ~10:15 PM on April 14, 1865 in Ford's Theatre.  He died at 7:22 a.m. on April 15, 1865 at 516 10th Street NW in Washington, D.C. - Peterson House.   History is hard.

It's also a reconstruction.  The original theater is long gone.  (The Peterson house is the real deal though). 

Who cares about "reality" when you're a Trump supporter? Derick is just doing his Trumpian duty by embracing the power of Alternative Facts.

Two things... I notice Jill isn't "wearing" the baby. Guess she got tired of people telling her how to do it correctly.

And... Do they know NOTHING about Lincoln's final hours? I thought everyone knew he was removed to the house  and died there... 

These fools make me crazy. This is right up there with "And this is where King James wrote the Bible"...

I don't know much about baby wearing. Maybe he's too heavy? He looks huge, like a one-year-old! But again, I have basically no experience with babies!

When I see a smiling, proud-looking Jill in photos with her husband I think to myself...does she know? Does she know he's a joke? 

10 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

And... Do they know NOTHING about Lincoln's final hours? I thought everyone knew he was removed to the house  and died there...

And Derick has a four year degree.

The Peterson house is actually the bigger attraction and contains a very cool museum.  And although you can wander Ford's Theater without a guide the ticket sellers and signs all make it clear that your ticket will get you into the Peterson house to "see the room where Lincoln died."  

Everyone knows that Abraham Lincoln was shot and died in the Ford Theater, Booth was apprehended immediately by good, brave Christian men, all the ladies fainted, and Jesus appeared and spoke saying: "A curse upon you for the slaying of this perfect man! In retribution for your sin, you will now have to tangle with an enemy WORSE than the Confederates. They will not secede, but work to take away your religion and guns from WITHIN your nation!" And so it was. And so it has been.

And that, little Timmy, is where liberals come from. 

Jill looks exhausted, I understand new baby and all, but damn........

Derick has sucked the life right out of her, when she believes heart and soul that it is the exact opposite....:my_sad:

The Duggars' ignorant views + Derick's college education = Douchecanoe

Wow, according to Derick, my resume is so thin. There's 13 years worth of school that I should be including to make myself to look better...even though most other people my age have had the same schooling.

Derick is only about two steps above Fuckface at this point. I expected so much better from him. But that's the problem with holding Duggar values and an education simultaneously. I feel like he thinks his education justifies his views when in reality, he isn't applying his education to his life at all.

10 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Wow, according to Derick, my resume is so thin. There's 13 years worth of school that I should vote to make myself to look better...even though most other people my age have had the same schooling.

What, doesn't everyone include kindergarten in their CV?  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived