IGNORED

Seewalds 26: Marketing her cute growing (?) family

samurai_sarah

31 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I'll admit my first thought was the sister-moms hadn't been by to clean in a few days. 

she is trying to relate to the every mom.  When I first saw all the pictures I was just downright grossed out. 

What is the point really to show us all that....seriously - we don't think she was ever perfect....we know she isn't but do normal people ie not on television do this - show pictures of all that....

she is the anti Jill we get that. 

would you all like to see my art studio - it's a mess...no didn't think so. 

I still think she is queasy 

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Those diapers are effing gross.

Here's a thought: Have Ben bop on over to the Duggar's storage warehouse and find a diaper pail.

You're welcome.

it's almost like she has bags of pads from her period in those bags...it represents that. 

and that does smell after an hour on the floor 

have Ben pop over to the storage shed and get a big garbage can 

Your welcome 

drop the mic

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Jessa's playing into the whole "we never said we were perfect" line again. 

Look at me, I'm so relatable! Support my ministry! 

The sheets? My baby puked heaps.. My boobs leaked nightly.. I'd wash the sheets every week, more often if it was particularly bad. But wash daily? You have to be freaking kidding me. That nappy pile looks to me like a days worth of nappies from two kids. When my sil visited with two in nappies...there was a pile at least that big in her room every day. I think mum's become immune to the smell.. I thought it reaked..  But it didn't seem to bother her?

When I saw that this was hot I thought for sure Jessa announced a pregnancy, but I'm glad to see it's just a messy house. 

@lumpentheologieI thought the same thing. 

My sister is a slob like this, she had diapers all over the place, trash every where, she's gross. I understand the messy house with 2 littles I lived it. However, she appears to be a the TTH ALL THE TIME, how is her house getting dirty? She's never there. 

I am sorry, I understand life with kids is crazy...but you couldn't dust in 6 months? Put diapers in the trash? All the stay at home mothers and working mothers I know have houses that look much better than that. What is her place going to look like when she has half a dozen small kids running around?

She is trying to look relatable and to me she just looks like a slob. 

I think Jessa is a. poorly raised b. oblivious to this fact c. trying to make a “relateable” post but lacks the self awareness to know just how bad this looks d. is depressed

I honest to god think she’s depressed and doesn’t know it and this is sad to me. You don’t know how to wash dishes for a family of 4 if your family of 21 three everything away. And now that she’s supposed to be a perfect housewife, life isn’t instagram perfect, the dissonance is probably strong. And she probably feels like “that’s ok, this is regular mommy issues, not being able to take care of the house with two little ones” without know just how bad this looks. 

I’ve been so depressed that I’ve lived poorly. It feels shameful. Even so, I would still have small moments of energy where I would clean something. This honest to god looks like a depressed person with a repressive childhood having no self awareness 

editing to add that the pile of diapers on the table thing is the worst offender. Like...ew

The diapers made me gasp a little but I'm not a mom so I don't know if it's not unusual for parents to leave diapers in places that aren't the trash. Everything else isn't thaaat bad. I think she barely found out she was sleeping on Henry's vomit, so hopefully she changed the sheets. One time I woke up and realized my puppy pee'd on my bed. Nasty. I thought Ben was a neat freak though?

Any bets Jessa's weekend house guests are going to be Jana and Laura so they can deep clean the house?  *Counting On producers, I'm giving y'all some new material*

I have 4 kiddos and they range in age from 9-17 and a Hubby with depression. They are all in extra-curricular activities but they help in small ways. My house isn't perfect because I'm hardly ever home and Hubby has barely left the couch in months.  But the 2 litter boxes, rat cage, and bathrooms are always clean. No ifs, ands, or buts. My stove gets swiped off with Clorox wipes every few days (but then if I had a stove as nice as Jessa's I'd probably care for it better) but I might not vacuum for a week or more. Clean laundry can sit folded on the chaise part of the couch for a week. And of course it's fall in the Midwest. The leaves are beautiful but make for some hefty yard work. The point is that I make it work. Worse this week because my mildly OCD MIL is coming up next week for a visit and the house needs to be decent or she'll spend 3 days cleaning.

If thats Jessa's dresser that the diapers are on, hang a Walmart bag off one of the handles or get a dollar store trash can. Those diapers can break down and leak and just ewww. The rest I could live with but maybe give Spud a moistened rag and *gasp* let him help? Borrow one of Jills's wraps, strap Henry up and swipe off the stove? Give Ben the kids for a few minutes and do just one or two things?  And totally agree, if she can take the time to photograph and post as much as she does, she has time to clean.

Okay not to be that person, but I feel the need to point out that Ben lives there too and should definitely share some responsibility in the state of the house.

I know Jessa is the one that posted the pictures, so maybe that explains the “she’s a slob” type comments, but can we just remember she is not the only adult living in that house?

Even if she is the SAHM, there is no reason why we should assume he cant pitch in with the chores.

And - totally theoretical - if Ben is the type to flat out refuse to do chores because it is “women’s work,” not that he strikes me as having that kind of attitude, that is even more disgusting than the state of the house.

Question: I thought Jessa and Ben had a two bedroom house, so where's the guestroom coming from? Or do both of the kids sleep in the same room as their parents?

To be honest, the first few years I lived away from my parents my house was also a complete mess. Dishes everywhere and I would easily forget to change my sheets for a month.

But I was 18, a student and, most importantly, did not have kids around. 

55 minutes ago, Marly said:

Question: I thought Jessa and Ben had a two bedroom house, so where's the guestroom coming from? Or do both of the kids sleep in the same room as their parents?

I think they have the kids in their own bedroom if I recall correctly from the episode where Spurgeon bumps his head.

If the house is so dirty with two children when they have four they will have to hire an exterminator.
Come on, young people! less selfies and more cleanfies..

6 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

How can you embrace affectionate, imaginative, hands on parenting above all else and NOT recognize your parents are a complete shit show?      

We don't know she doesn't. She's not following their parenting technique, for a start. There's a massive spectrum of grey between being A-OK with everything that happened in your childhood, and publicly denouncing your parents.

I don't think she's had any great re-examination of the worldview inculcated into her - it's working great for her, why should she? But she wouldn't be the first adult to private acknowledge that some things her parents did were nutty or negative, and that she will do - if not better - then different.

The diaper pile crosses the line for me, but otherwise, meh. What I find interesting is the things Jessa chooses to share about her parenting are so different from how she grew up. The gap is so wide she must be aware of it. I really hope she continues to prioritise being there for her children and draws the necessary conclusions re: family size.

Another thing I'm watching with interest is her communication style. I think her style is evolving and for this medium at least she is producing content that is surprisingly readable, especially considering her sub-par education. There is some humour and sass, decent grammar, and a degree of self-awareness quite unlike an average Duggar. I think she is fairly bright and has potential. It would be so, so interesting to see her fulfill that potential… My fundie fantasies (if you like) always center around educational intervention, and I feel this little family is the prime candidate for being plucked out of Duggarland to be planted somewhere more intellectually fertile. 

Can we please not a) diagnose Jessa with depression based on the fact that her house is messy and b) start saying things like, 'Well I have depression too, and my house was NEVER like that!' Good for you. It's not a contest. Every individual with a mental illness is going to experience it differently, and it's really not helpful to put others down based on what you personally might be capable of.

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

However, she appears to be a the TTH ALL THE TIME, how is her house getting dirty? She's never there. 

I'm actually going to have to disagree with this. Most of her Instagram photos are clearly taken at her own house.

2 hours ago, Ilovebrownies said:

I call bs.  Those dishes look clean, like they were thrown in the sink for a pic.

who wants to bet the guest was Flame, and Jessa it's called a dishwasher 

and who is also betting TLC storyline 

can I BEC anymore

I had three kids in 4.5 years.  I have no judgement. At all.

I honestly think Jessa is somewhat snarkily denouncing her parents, who chose public perfection over actually raising and spending time with their kids.  And now here’s Jessa, saying my house is a mess and I’m going to show the world, but at least I’m actually parenting.

I can't wrap my head around placing a used diaper anywhere but in a garbage can. Seriously, it would not have occurred to me to change my baby's diaper and just leave it wherever (former single mom here). So little effort is required to throw it away. Nasty, Jessa/Ben. He shares responsibility and looks as bad as she does for posting this shit.

There's messy/disorganized, then there's nasty/unsanitary. Hell yes I'm judging them, they do it to people all the time! Besides, haven't they heard the cliche that cleanliness is next to godliness? Ewwww

2 minutes ago, Jaeniduggar said:

I mean, she is using actual dishes, not styrofoam cups emoji106.png

She may as well use styrofoam if her and Ben are too lazy to load the dishwasher. However, I concede that using real dishes is an improvement.

10 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

@VelociRapture

Absolutely, I would never pass judgement on someone with PPD, or another illness, or a sick baby, or multiples.  They deserve all the help in the world. 

My SIL was one of the non showering mom's, and she was just disorganized and a big slob. Good mom, but always late and messy. She got better eventually.  Her daughter is pretty much the same way.  I end up cleaning every time I go to her house (at her request, not me being pushy..i.e. Twenty people are showing up in fifteen minutes for a birthday party and the trash is overflowing and the counter top is sticky and there is laundry on the sofa and she didn't have the kids presents wrapped yet, OMG help me Aunt C. ).  That is just how they are wired, I guess. 

They could take a shower or clean, they just didn't. Not that they couldn't. 

Do we share the same sister somehow?? I always cringe when I walk through the front door of my sister's house. She has always been a slob but since having two kids its just gotten soooo bad. Garbage overflowing, spit up on the couch, cat box uncleaned, clutter everywhere- and I mean everywhere. Every time I leave I go home and promise myself my house won't look like that and then start cleaning lol. 

I get having two kids is a lot of work, but it doesn't take that much time to at least take out the garbage and wipe down your stove and counter tops. The smell would drive me insane and ramp up my anxiety. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived