IGNORED

Seewalds 26: Marketing her cute growing (?) family

samurai_sarah

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

And my least favourite thing in the world is cleaning fucking toilets. Can I get an amen?

Amen and a double Amen. Feels like I'm the only one in the house who will do it.  I tried waiting once to see of husband or daughter would take care of hem. Nope, it was disgusting. I'll just leave you with the visual. :brainbleach:

We hang our clothes out, so no folding straight from the dryer. However, we're both retired, so we both hang out and fold. We take turns making dinner, but Mr. Wolf enjoys it, so he does it more often. I figure it makes up for the times I was a SAHM. As others have said, whatever works so you both agree.

True confession: I set the timer and try to beat the clock when cleaning. However, I also lightly clean as I go throughout the week.  Nothing piles up and I shut the door to the room that belongs to the child. That makes everything better.

Coming to this thread from the Naugler thread, I'm just thankful to have a toilet to scrub and running water in general. I plan to remind myself of this the next time I'd rather not clean. 

Although now I'm wondering where the piles of diapers for the Noglett's are? 

I am a weirdo then, because I despise doing laundry so much I would WAY rather clean the bathroom and toilet. I’ve actually procrastinated laundry and cleaned the bathroom instead (even if it didn’t need it as badly as the laundry needed doing).

I think it’s because when I get in the mood to clean I like to do it all in one clear shot, and laundry has so many steps.  Gather it up, put it in the washer, wait, move it to the dryer, wait, put it all away. I tend to let a lot of it build up before I put a load in because I hate it, so taking it all out of the dryer and putting it away takes about 10 or 15 minutes. 

It’s just me living on my own at the moment, and I find my favorite time to clean is first thing when I wake up on a day off from work. I get up and do a good 10-20 minute burst of cleaning before I’m even fully awake enough to realize what I’m doing. Once I start to come to and realize that I’ve been cleaning for that long, I get my coffee going and finish up, and my house is that much cleaner and my day has just begun!

I don't mind bathrooms. I do them both every Monday. 30 minutes and DONE. That does include tubs/toilets/sinks/floors...

I loooove getting the bathroom bleachy clean. Maybe because the bathtub is my sanctuary space and it calms me down more when it's all nice and neat.

I'd rather do things Duggar-style than wash a dish, but luckily my boyfriend takes care of those. 

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

@SapphireSlytherin you seem to have an amazing system worked out. I think I need you to move to Canada for like six months and teach me your ways. :pb_lol:

Ya know. It really IS a system... It's just keeping "on top" of things. Dirty clothes are sorted as we go - laundry is done every day. 

Bathrooms are cleaned on Mondays.

Dusting is done on Tuesdays.

Sweeping is Wednesdays. (kitchen as-needed)

Vacuuming/mopping is Thursdays.

Sheets are changed on Fridays.

-----those are the "big" things.

We try to keep on top of "don't put that down, put it away" things (our kitchen table is our "drop spot" and it gets piled up, which makes me skeevy).

Once you get a system in place, it actually becomes easier to keep on top of it. 

That said:  I'm behind on my dusting and I need to carry out the recycling. But at least it's MOSTLY on-schedule. lol

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Amen! Followed by taking the hair out of the drain in the shower/tub. :shock:

don't even get me started on the shower drain.  I have this long scary thing that i put down the hole and it drags the hair back up 

should we start posting of what she could have posted 

i mean the vomit on the bed just was so over the top 

next she will post a used condom 

except that she can't 

perhaps a negative pregnancy test 

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

I will do everyone's dishes if you clean all of my showers and tubs! 

I can send my cleaning lady 

3 hours for $60

25 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Ya know. It really IS a system... It's just keeping "on top" of things. Dirty clothes are sorted as we go - laundry is done every day. 

Bathrooms are cleaned on Mondays.

Dusting is done on Tuesdays.

Sweeping is Wednesdays. (kitchen as-needed)

Vacuuming/mopping is Thursdays.

Sheets are changed on Fridays.

-----those are the "big" things.

Fine here is my schedule 

Friday - text the cleaning lady 

I can go on and on 

Saturday cleaning lady and massage 

but just so you all know i have to get up at 5 am tomorrow so i can trudge down to the laundry room on the main floor of my building and wash my sheets so that my cleaning lady can put them on my bed when she arrives at 8 

bueller 

drop the mic 

We have light hardwood and a black and a chocolate lab.....same problem, lol.

Spoiler image.png.0bf8382544848fe03b9ba6da114a8400.png

I have light laminates and light dogs and same problem! [emoji23]0e29189666ff04cb7cb8f0cff7620458.jpg

3 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I don’t mind the grocery shopping part so much as the bringing it in and putting it away part. And my least favourite thing in the world is cleaning fucking toilets. Can I get an amen?

I would clean my toilet every day first thing after work if it meant never going to the grocery store ever again. 

I have strong grocery store feelings over here. I might need to see someone about it...

With 2 dogs (1 short hair with a double coat,& 1 long hair) & renting a place with shagg carpets we been using a Miele ( New Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum Cleaner https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R43I490/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_VmS6zb7RPED11 ). Got it at a pawn shop for $30 & I have yet to kill it. And if know me then that saying something because I have killed at least one shop vac.

On 20/10/2017 at 6:47 AM, seasonsoflife said:

What is her place going to look like when she has half a dozen small kids running around?

She will employ S'slaves, M'slaves and the Lost Girls by then. With or without a laundry room breakdown.

She has to get a diaper genie without waiting that long though.

I've always had carpet in the places I've lived and I've despised it! We bought a(n extreme fixer upper) 4 years ago and I was adamant that there would be no carpet. We have laminate and tile. I bought a Roomba and a Shark pet vacuum and even so have to sweep/ swifter the floors daily or they're gross and gritty. There are furnadoes in every corner. But we also have 3 dogs, 4 cats and 2 rabbits. I love my babies and would never give them up. But they're why I'll never have a perfectly clean house.

We've been trying to sell our place since June and anytime people would come to look at it, we would have to take ALL the pets out because a lot of people can't deal with animals. I never realized just how many til we undertook this process. It's been very, very trying. Luckily we should be moving soon.

2 hours ago, PumaLover said:

There are furnadoes in every corner

HAHAHA - we call them furricanes. :)

@Kailash the nauglers probably throw them in a white bucket.....

that pile of diapers grossed me out. It takes a second to run them out into the garbage can. I had 4 kids in 5 1/2  years, with two in diapers. We never, let them pile up like that. Sleeping in spit up sheets? Maybe during the night, but I sure as hell ripped them off in the morning and put fresh sheets on the bed. I do hate dusting,

I'd rather clean toilets. I am thankful I have toilets, and not white buckets :my_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, nst said:

what she is really saying is, I want to spend time with my kids. 

Maybe. Possibly. Probably.

But I'm pretty sure she posted the filth pictures just to get reactions and up her "influence" on Instagram, and also as a prep for the follow-up post that makes her look like a really really good mom for not caring about the house/caring more about her babeeez and family time.

All carefully calculated and contrived to get reaction and allow her time to preach.

She's not my pet Duggar.

Jessa is smart when it comes to social media, she normally posts about Henry and Spurgeon, giving them the illusion of perfect. Now she has shattered the illusion by posting that she's messy and sometimes she leaves it be for time with Ben and the kids. Which, I would think is fairly normal and easy to relate to, for a lot of young Mom's. Ben is quiet on social media and Jessa is the one controlling their family narrative and she's savvy. I can disagree with a lot of what Jessa does, but I can't knock the fact that she has learned how to market herself so well. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived