IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Putting Crown of Blood on my reading list, thanks! :pb_smile:  And I follow the Anne Boleyn Files on Facebook! Haven't seen much from it lately, though, it hasn't shown up in my feed in awhile. Must go have a look and see what I've been missing.

Other I follow on Fb

https://www.facebook.com/thetudortutor/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/278921992144281/

That's the Tudor era, it's a closed group though.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a teenager, I was a bit obsession with the Tudors and Lady Jane Grey.  I think it's time to revisit the obsession.   The housework will have to wait.  Thanks Lori! 

I do love me some Tudor history! I follow the Tudor Tutor the Anne Boleyn files also!  There's a fabulous personality on Twitter who posts as Henry the 8th. He is utterly hilarious. 

12 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I do love me some Tudor history! I follow the Tudor Tutor the Anne Boleyn files also!  There's a fabulous personality on Twitter who posts as Henry the 8th. He is utterly hilarious. 

can you link please? My twitter account needs some new stuff.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, LizzieDawn said:

As a teenager, I was a bit obsession with the Tudors and Lady Jane Grey.  I think it's time to revisit the obsession.   The housework will have to wait.  Thanks Lori! 

One of us....One of us...

I've just been reading an article in Patheos about things many Christians don't know about the bible: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/09/29/8-things-your-pastor-will-never-tell-you-about-the-bible/

Item #6 says that some of the Epistles attributed to Paul are largely considered to be written by others. The language and content just isn't consistent with the letters we know for sure that Paul wrote. One of the letters listed as not being written by Paul is Titus.

I don't have a background in biblical scholarship so have no idea if this article is accurate. However, I just pictured Lori's reaction reading tht Titus 2 was not actually written by her favorite author Paul. She wouldn't believe it, of course. Heck, Jesus could be standing right in front of her saying the same thing and she wouldn't believe. But it's quite entertaining to picture her reaction.

2 hours ago, molecule said:

One of the letters listed as not being written by Paul is Titus

I heard that about 20 years ago from an educated person in church. To quote+translate my favourite pastor: "There is a big difference between theology studies and what the public believes. There are things that are common theological knowledge and things most scholars agree on, even the conservative ones. But if one doesn't like the content, he'll not talk about it and not enlighten anyone." (For the record: we are a liberal Catholic denomination)

3 hours ago, molecule said:

She wouldn't believe it, of course

If one believes the bible is dictated by God letter by letter to form the King James Bible, it doesn't matter who was the person with the quill.
Historical analysis doesn't matter, social changes don't matter. But, please correct me, even if you believe that, you can't pick verses without context and turn them into whatever you think this means. I am also very sure, a KVJ directly from the God doesn't say "btw, Jesus was wrong"
I believe that the bible was made by humans - as wise as we can be, we all live within a certain time and culture. I think, in theory, these believers could rather say "Jesus was wrong" . However, this still sounds heretic to me.

Lori, has it ever occurred to you that there are many good reasons to go to college in addition, but not limited to, having a career?  Perhaps if you had put your own education to better use, you would not be writing these pathetic liittle blogs telling other women how to live .59ca2c14ec9a8_collegeisawasteoftime.thumb.jpg.aea19a92776ea327980d74435a5bcfa8.jpg

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived