IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

Lori's alternative to treating children as idols is to make sure they know that they are nuisances, that she doesn't like them, and that they had better not interfere with her wishes or they will become acquainted with the 'great teacher' of pain. Because of course those are the only options. She has no idea that a parent can guide a child into becoming a decent human being, consider his/her needs, and desires as much as possible, and not cause deliberate pain on a frequent basis.  :pb_rollseyes: 

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori encourages her DIL's to have jobs! She promotes Emily's Beautycounter busines on instagram. And she helps Erin do her work by taking the kids. 

but other women? no, they can't work.

Lori just can't believe that some women don't regret college

hersoutherncharmI think any education is money well spent. Even though I stayed at home for almost 10 years I don't regret my college education even though I didn't find a husband there.
thetransformedwife@hersoutherncharm even if it means a lot of debt and prevents a mother from being home full time with her children as I know some young women in this situation?

I wonder if Emily is practicing "peaceful parenting", and Lori's taken to her blog to express her disgust. (We know she called her out for going to see Beauty and the Beast, and for going to the women's retreat).  

For that matter, Cassi may be a "peaceful parent".  Lori said that Cassi was her most tender-hearted child, and remembers every single time that Lori hit her.

Cassi remembers every single time she got in trouble.  She has such a tender heart and hated to disappoint us.  She remembers several times she got spanked and just remembers me using my leather strap.  

Maybe Cassi has decided that she won't hurt her babies the way Lori hurt her.  But Emily...I am really not thinking she will implement Lori's horrific parenting advice.  She's already talked about staying up all night with her baby, and how it was worth it.  That alone probably infuriates Lori.

43 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Lori encourages her DIL's to have jobs! She promotes Emily's Beautycounter busines on instagram. And she helps Erin do her work by taking the kids. 

but other women? no, they can't work.

I think she justifies this because Emily is primarily a stay at home mom.  Another one of her hairs to split, she's made mention several times that women can work from home as long as they don't actually leave the house to make said money.   The house still has to be spotless and husband still has to be taken care of hand and foot.  Until her son starts complaining about making his own dinner....DiL is safe.

Ya know?  It hit me today that Lori is one savvy broad.  She was able to bully Ken into marrying her and got him to start working in a career that yeilded him her plenty of comfort money.  She manipulated her way into children thus out of work.  She was able to whine and bitch enough that no one expected anything of her and got a maid and nanny out of the deal!  

She got the kids out of the house and managed to appease her husband after they hit double digits in marriage.  He's a practical man, he was saving for retirement as early as he could.  If he'd have been bold enough to divorce her, she'd have taken him to the cleaners for alimony and half of his IRA/401k/whatever.  She would have won either way it went.  When it comes to who's afraid of whom?  I think Ken is terrified of her.  She's already proven she can make his life hard enough to want to leave, thus tying his own noose financially and biblically.

Lori got to stay home like she wanted, got out of the hard work of actually raising babies, held on to a man willing to keep her in organic food and expensive medical treatments, all in the nick of time to prop up her tired perfectly pedicured feet.  I'm sorry but there's a level of evil genius here that even I have to raise my glass to. 

**still a spoiled, gold digging whorish little pogue**

What can young women do who don't want to go to college? They can babysit, nanny, teach music, voice, or ballet lessons, tudor, photography, cooking school, dog grooming...

That would be extremely useful. I know I've spent hours and hours reading historical novels and nonfiction about Henry VIII and his six wives, both as a single woman and as a woman married over 30 years. Time very well spent. :my_biggrin:

Lori:

One of my daughters never went to college and she has a wonderful life and marriage! She hasn't missed a thing.

She also has a career that seems to take up a good bit of her time.  At least be honest Lori- she isn't puttering around, watching the maid clean her house.  

19 minutes ago, Loveday said:

That would be extremely useful. I know I've spent hours and hours reading historical novels and nonfiction about Henry VIII and his six wives, both as a single woman and as a woman married over 30 years. Time very well spent. :my_biggrin:

Why, I had to Tudor a gentleman I was dating yesterday because he didn't know about Henry VIII and his wives!  Imagine!  

Now, was that a sin because I was technically instructing a man?  Should I have accepted his lack of knowledge of English history and wiped the "goode kynge" from my mind as well?  Or was it OK because I was Tudor-ing him as a potential helpmeet and thusly showing off my Lori-approved skills?

I am very confused (though rather amused about the timeliness of this incident).  FJ, please do advise!

Reader:

I am convicted that God called me to teaching and made a way. I still struggled but was able to only go into debt for one of my credentials. I know education is unaffordable for many and if a women feels God is not calling them to go to college then they shouldn't go. It is always bad to lean on our own understanding and not listen to God's will for us.

Lori:

God doesn't "call" any women to college. There's nothing in His Word that encourages higher education or careers for women. A woman has the freedom to use wisdom whether to go or not depending on how much it will cost and if it's something she really wants to do but there's no way God calls any women to go to college. His will for us is clearly spelled out in His Word.

Can I try?  Good!

God doesn't "call" any woman to blogging.  There's nothing in His Word that encourages blogging for women.  There's no way God calls any woman to blog.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori:

She also has a career that seems to take up a good bit of her time.  At least be honest Lori- she isn't puttering around, watching the maid clean her house.  

She also. . .not trying to be mean here. . . probably makes about $25/hour (the internet says $20/hr but I'm giving her a raise bc she lives in SoCal) and doesn't work full time. She and her husband seem to struggle financially. Her hubby was part of Millenium Mgt for a while (though with no qualifications), and the couple has moved six times during their six year marriage.

Perhaps she has missed out on. . . financial stability. . . a clear plan for retirement. . . peace of mind. .. ? Perhaps she has lost jobs to people with degree in Dance Education? A good friend of mine has such a degree and was able to raise capital to start her own dance school.

Alyssa seems like she is happily married and in phenomenal shape. But it's not fair to say she "hasn't missed a thing". We all miss things, based on the choices we've made.

5 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@Koala  Wow - the little girl that wants to be a vet. How sad she has big dreams and a mother squashing them (are you sure Nicole Naugler didn't post that?)

So the vet (female) we go to has 2 vets in the practice. The hours are: M-W-Th-F: 7am - 5:30pm & Tuesday: 7am - 7pm. Guess what, both vets aren't there that entire time.

My eye doctor is also female and her hours are: Monday: 8:00-5:00, Tuesday: Closed, Wednesday: 8:00-7:00, Thursday: Closed, Friday: 8:00-5:00, Saturday & Sunday: Closed

So Lori, when you read this, these women make their own schedule. They are highly educated and own their own business which allows them to set their own schedule and be there for their children and have successful careers/businesses. 

I wanted to be a vet when I was younger.  Till I found out you have to euthanize animals.  So that went out the window!

Perfect comment is perfect:

I want women to go to college, if they want to so they can learn to spell "Tutor" correctly!

:laughing-rolling::clap:

2 minutes ago, saintmom said:

I wanted to be a vet when I was younger.  Till I found out you have to euthanize animals.  So that went out the window!

Euthanizing an animal is often the kindest option.  I have had to euthanize enormously loved dogs to spare them unnecessary pain.  I am so glad that I had a vet who agreed with my decisions, came to the house, and cried with me as we so sadly let them go pain free.

I would also like the option to be euthanized myself if I got some diagnoses -- without getting my Dr or loved ones into trouble.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Reader:

Lori:

Can I try?  Good!

God doesn't "call" any woman to blogging.  There's nothing in His Word that encourages blogging for women.  There's no way God calls any woman to blog.

Is there anything in the Bible that calls men to higher education? Aside from studying 'Gods word,' that is. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

She also. . .not trying to be mean here. . . probably makes about $25/hour (the internet says $20/hr but I'm giving her a raise bc she lives in SoCal) and doesn't work full time. She and her husband seem to struggle financially. Her hubby was part of Millenium Mgt for a while (though with no qualifications), and the couple has moved six times during their six year marriage.

Perhaps she has missed out on. . . financial stability. . . a clear plan for retirement. . . peace of mind. .. ? Perhaps she has lost jobs to people with degree in Dance Education? A good friend of mine has such a degree and was able to raise capital to start her own dance school.\

You bring up good points regarding Alyssa and money. I do feel bad for Alyssa because of something happens to her husband and there aren't life insurance policies or savings accounts she might find herself in a bad situation and I doubt Lori would give her practical advice or help.

4 hours ago, Loveday said:

I'm currently fascinated by Frances Brandon Grey and her daughters, Jane, Katherine and Mary. The whole dynasty is full of strong highly educated women.

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Did any of you watch that mini series, "The Tudors"?  We loved it. 

I loved being tutored about the Tudor reign. 

I tried to watch it when it was first televised but he historical errors got too much after a while. I ended up watching it as a soap opera rather than anything else about a year ago.

Another little tidbit about working, from Lori's DIL.

champagne_and_glitterIt's been a good day, but there's also this element of being utterly out of control that's been floating around in the back of my mind...but I think that's part of this balancing act, right? Intention partnered with faith. Truthfully, there's a lot of adrenaline that goes along with running a business...but there's also freedom, and of course joy. Lots and lots of joy. Somehow, it all churns together into a beautiful experience. By grace, and then more grace. #graceupongrace#couragedearheart Current feels from the incredibly talented @annalord 

I'm glad Erin is learning the joy of running a successful business. I wonder how her MIL feels about it. Bolding mine. And then she has a hashtag that's something like, "I'm glad my kids can see me like this."

My younger granddaughter has her future mapped out. She's been blessed with the same sort of geek mind I have. I've been sending her books about women in that field and the obstacles they've overcome. I sent her "Hidden Figures" and she devoured it. I've sent her a couple others, mostly biographies of people who set themselves on the path she wants to walk. I'll do whatever I can to encourage her (not sure how much she'll get from her parents), including probably helping her with tuition, etc. I want to see her get her shot at her dream. especially since I got screwed out of mine. 

That Tudor comment is priceless. She is going to have to rewrite the whole doodle. I see she deleted that one comment that corrected it and she just can't stand to be corrected over anything.  I had a thought though that this could be a test. If you correct her clearly you are an enemy who hates God. So, it's a way to find out whose team you are on. I wonder if any of her fan girls even noticed. They might but just not have the audacity to question.

If Lori says it's Tudor it's Tudor!

1 hour ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I'm currently fascinated by Frances Brandon Grey and her daughters, Jane, Katherine and Mary. The whole dynasty is full of strong highly educated women.

I tried to watch it when it was first televised but he historical errors got too much after a while. I ended up watching it as a soap opera rather than anything else about a year ago.

I just finished reading The Sisters Who Would Be Queen, by Leanda de Lisle. It's a pretty good biography of Jane, Katherine, and Mary. I've also always been interested in Katherine Parr and what happened to her daughter by Thomas Seymour, Mary. She sort of disappeared from the records around the time she was two, leading to the conclusion she must have died, but there's no actual proof of that. The mystery intrigues me. 

The Tudors was a lot of fun to watch. Definitely a soap opera! :pb_lol:  I still haven't forgiven them for combining Henry VIII's two sisters into one, though. And named her Margaret but married her off to the French king instead of the Scots king. I mean, wtf. :my_dodgy:

15 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I just finished reading The Sisters Who Would Be Queen, by Leanda de Lisle. It's a pretty good biography of Jane, Katherine, and Mary. I've also always been interested in Katherine Parr and what happened to her daughter by Thomas Seymour, Mary. She sort of disappeared from the records around the time she was two, leading to the conclusion she must have died, but there's no actual proof of that. The mystery intrigues me. 

The Tudors was a lot of fun to watch. Definitely a soap opera! :pb_lol:  I still haven't forgiven them for combining Henry VIII's two sisters into one, though. And named her Margaret but married her off to the French king instead of the Scots king. I mean, wtf. :my_dodgy:

I love that book too. I just finished "Crown of Blood" by Nicola Tallis which is another biography of Jane.

Have you ever come across the Anne Boleyn Files?

re Mary Seymour Cynthia Harrod Eagles works Mary into Dynasty series giving her a full and reasonably happy married life.

Just now, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I love that book too. I just finished "Crown of Blood" by Nicola Tallis which is another biography of Jane.

Have you ever come across the Anne Boleyn Files?

Putting Crown of Blood on my reading list, thanks! :pb_smile:  And I follow the Anne Boleyn Files on Facebook! Haven't seen much from it lately, though, it hasn't shown up in my feed in awhile. Must go have a look and see what I've been missing.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived