IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

Lori's mandate found in Titus 2 apparently includes telling people which holidays to celebrate. I won't be surprised if she deletes the whole Christmas tree post - it has gone off the rails and the attention is no longer on her.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A woman posted on the Biblical Christian Egalitarian group on facebook to say that she'd been blocked from Lori's page. In the comments on that post, there was speculation that Ken monitors the page and Lori fears him and that is why she does her blog and everything the way she does. Naturally, some folks expressed sympathy for Lori.

I can't think of anything to support that idea and in fact have thought that Lori wears the pants (along with a low-cut v-neck top) in the family.

What do you all think about the idea? I have never been able to drum up much sympathy for Lori, and I'd hate to have to start now.514188408ca356c26b0d0720679fdb75.jpg

Has Lori EVER done a post giving praise to Ken, her children, a woman she looks up to, ANYONE?! And done so WITHOUT passive aggressively tearing down someone else or some ideology that's different from hers? Honestly it really is sad to me that some individuals have been loved so little or have never been shown true, deep,  UNCONDITIONAL love before. I *almost* feel bad for her. Except I'm not sleeping in a million dollar house tonight and she is. *insert sarcastic, snark jealousy here*

2 minutes ago, molecule said:

A woman posted on the Biblical Christian Egalitarian group on facebook to say that she'd been blocked from Lori's page. In the comments on that post, there was speculation that Ken monitors the page and Lori fears him and that is why she does her blog and everything the way she does. Naturally, some folks expressed sympathy for Lori.

I can't think of anything to support that idea and in fact have thought that Lori wears the pants (along with a low-cut v-neck top) in the family.

What do you all think about the idea? I have never been able to drum up much sympathy for Lori, and I'd hate to have to start now.514188408ca356c26b0d0720679fdb75.jpg

95% of my thinks that it's all her. 5% leaves room for the fact that I'm human and could be wrong.

I think it's all Lori. I think she submits juuuuuuuuust enough to keep Ken, and his money, around and not one bit more. Ken seems to like to respond to people with his walls of text, whereas Lori has no clue what to do other than delete and block. 

1 minute ago, Evangeline said:

I think it's all Lori. I think she submits juuuuuuuuust enough to keep Ken, and his money, around and not one bit more. Ken seems to like to respond to people with his walls of text, whereas Lori has no clue what to do other than delete and block. 

I think she likes doing the deleting and blocking as a way to be in control. She truly doesn't care if she's ever "wrong" because she's already made up her mind that she's right. Ack. How does one live like that...

Sounds like Erin has built up a real business. Is she still able to tend to her children and be available to her husband? 

There's some interesting stuff on her instagram

champagne_and_glitterThe merriest gifts are old photos from friends' phones! Trying to figure out how to structure this biz to handle the rapid growth of the past year so I don't lose time with this precious daughter of mine. So until January 3, take 30% off everything in the shop (including this necklace! ) with code THANKYOU2016 

I hope this doesn't mean that her business is taking her away from forcefeeding little Emma.

And then there's this dialogue between Erin and Lori when the youngest granddaughter was teething (I'm so glad the baby was whimpering in a feminine way!)

loriannealexander Oh she is so very precious. It's a rare day indeed that she is unhappy.

champagne_and_glitter@laalex2  she's such a sweet pea, even when she's hurting! She makes this little cry that's just soooo pitiful. It's kind of nice to have to slow down and hold her all day! 

loriannealexander She does have a quiet cry; feminine in every way!

I don't know if anyone else is interested, but I thought I'd post this interaction between Lori and Erin. Interesting that Lori did not bother to come home from Door Country when her granddaughter's birth is pending. Erin sounds like she is quite anxious to have her business grow and become successful, to the extent that she was "in a constant state of panic" about doing so.

LikeComment

17 likes

champagne_and_glitterThis is how I distract myself while waiting for little miss to arrive: rectifying the horrifying lack of cute headbands in this house. For me, one of the hardest motherhood lessons to learn has been that using my skills and talents, especially those that can potentially be monetized, just for my family and friends is totally okay. Whether it's crafting or arranging flowers or baking or something way more nerdy, like teaching the kids about photosynthesis or the index of refraction (thank you, science degree, for a wealth of long words that make toddlers laugh uncontrollably), it's okay to invest those things in your people and not worry about turning them into sources of revenue or public affirmation. For a long while there I was in a constant state of panic trying to keep up with all the other hyper-successful women who have kids and run three businesses and, oh yeah, look like supermodels to boot. I feel like there's so much pressure for moms to be more; more creative, more busy, more successful-and often that means feeling like we have to turn every skill we have into a business or a blog.   
But it's okay, too, to just be you, pouring yourself into your loved ones. It's okay to be you, bravely, and make motherhood what you want it to be. 
Today, my motherhood looks like bright pink felt scraps, a tea party with our favorite stuffed animal friends, and peanut butter cookies. Aren't I glamorous? :) #beyoubravely#motherhood #waitingonbaby

alyssahustedtSo cute! Can't wait to meet my new little baby niece 

mrs.katie.leeWell said love

mkalchik13Absolutely love this!!

terri.halleen.moodyAmen!

alisawrightThis is awesome, precious Erin! You do motherhood beautifully, and I love your heart, your love for your family, your sharp mind and your very cute sense of humor! You just keep on making felt headbands and having tea parties and enjoying life! 

loriannealexanderLOVE this, Erin! We are SO excited to meet your little one. She just may wait until we get home to arrive!

Yep, she went on a business trip to the world-famous gem show in Tucson (which she misspelled). With Lori watching the kids, I'll bet. Looks like Lori is supportive of Erin's business, but not the least supportive of women who work to eat.

champagne_and_glitter When you go to Tuscon on business but really it's just this .

I would kill to be able to make money with one of my skills. I'm developing a few to work toward that in the future. Must be nice to not worry about it. We have 0.00 left in the bank right now after rent. 

I'm sorry. That must be scary. What sort of businesses were you considering? 

Erin seems like a nice person, but she is being disingenuous. There's no way she does all that jewelry-making during naptime (as she claims). She has a 6 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old (roughly). I doubt the oldest one is still napping, and the middle one must be rapidly outgrowing it. My own daughter does Jewlery-making and I know that it takes time to create things like Erin makes. She clearly puts a lot of time into her business, perhaps by off-loading the kids to Grandma Lori.

Not to mention, someone had to put up the money so she could get that business started. Perhaps she had a few thou sitting around so she could buy jewels, metals, tools, boxes, etc. Not everyone does. So my point is, she had advantages.

Actually, reading Erin's IG makes me think those grandkids are going to school.  Erin seems too into her business to want to homeschool. 

38 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Actually, reading Erin's IG makes me think those grandkids are going to school.  Erin seems too into her business to want to homeschool. 

Maybe Erin homeschools like Lori homeschooled her children. Erin may be more like Lori than we realize, but instead of needing rest and naps like Lori, Erin makes her jewelry. 

sonya.PNG

Also Lori deleted the link of someone who responded to Lori's Darash Press article. Now left are four links by Lori of the SAME article and none that disagree with it

Wow Lori today on how we make children into idols...

Pain is a great teacher. A couple of good, hard swats on the behind are a great teacher against disobedience. The pain of the swat must hurt more than the pleasure of the sinful behavior

Reader:

Parenting should not be “peaceful” or the house will be chaos and a war zone. 

Reader:

Peaceful parenting is so awful. 

Then there's this bit for The Godly Mentor, herself:

Most of these NFL players had poor parenting, apparently, since they have no respect for authority and are throwing mini temper tantrums by what they are doing.

I wonder if she has any idea how ignorant her assumptions make her look.

Here, let me try:

Lori's daughter had poor parenting, apparently, since she wears yoga pants and bikinis, which have been deemed immodest by The Godly Mentor and The Horse of TRUTH.

See how stupid that sounds, Lori?  That's how you sound when you make blanket assumptions. It's also how you sound when you presume to speak for God.

Finally, Lori says:

Pain is a great teacher. 

To use Lori's own words, let me just say: This can be found NOWHERE in the Bible.  It's a lie, straight from the pits of hell.

Children don't learn anything good by having their parents inflict pain on them.  According to this implication, people "learn" via painful interactions with caregivers.  Do you hear how disgusting and vile that sounds?  If you can't find a better way to communicate with your children, the problem is YOU, not them.

And just as a side note, Lori has claimed to be in a near constant state of pain since the beginning of forever.  If pain were such a great teacher, surely she'd be smarter by now.  As it stands, she's almost to a point of pitifully ignorant.  I know children who are capable of more critical, complex thinking.  It's to the point of being sad....  Pain hasn't taught Lori anything.  If anything, it's contributed to turning her into a miserable shrew, who thrives on inflicting pain on others.

13 hours ago, molecule said:

We know this isn't true, because Ken himself told us that Lori doesn't listen to him about her blog.  When he was here, we managed to convince him that she needed to stop doing some things and start doing others and he flat out said she was defying his wishes on certain things.

I suspect there are times he REALLY puts his foot down (like when it might affect him/the business in some way), but other than that I think she pretty much does as she pleases.

This comment:

My older daughter has a silly idea that she wants to be a veterinarian. If you were in my shoes, how would you discourage her from this foolishness and tell her she needs to marry instead?

She continues:

she is highly intelligent and has a kind heart for God's creatures. I have no doubt that she would qualify for any number of scholarships to defray the majority of her college education. She has seen how hard it is for many of our family members who were widowed young with little to no education

Congratulations reader!  Your daughter's "foolishness" is actually an indicator that she's much smarter than her mother.  

Don't worry about discouraging her.  She'll just outsmart you, and get an education in spite of your foolishness!

Lori:

If it were me, I would explain to her the high cost of getting this degree and the likelihood that when she had children she may not be able to stay home with them and raise them which is a high calling from God. I would continue to teach her the importance of raising godly offspring and only women can bear children and are called to be keepers at home. I would teach her all the things I teach about the negatives of women having successful careers.

No, Lori.  If it were you, you would turn your nose up at the education your father provided you with.  You would squander the opportunity, marry for money, sabotage your birth control so you wouldn't have to work, and then sit home while a maid and nanny did all of your work.  

THEN, you would neglect to tell your readers that your own daughter got a college education and a job.  You would also probably lie and say your other daughter gave up her career when she married (which is a complete lie).  But that's just you, right?

Side note- co-sign with Curious and others about Lori being controlled by Ken.  Ken has ZERO control.  Zero.  

Lori said her kids were afraid of her, and I think Ken is afraid of her too.  Money is the only thing that keeps those two together.  Neither one of them wants to lose half of everything in a divorce.  Compared to most Americans, they are extremely wealthy.  They aren't going to do anything to jeopardize that.

@KoalaI just came here to post that and guess what she deleted the original question and some of the follow up questions from thehome6. Here is the original. 

instagramthehome6.PNG.219cf98a6bc19d0ed331c4d41046116a.PNG

Here is Lori's responses but there is nothing further from home6. You can obviously tell there was something there and now its gone.  Lori gets to answer but no one gets to see the question. These one sided conversations are nuts. She does this all the time. 

instagramthehome6-2.PNG.12ec4cde76617c9584835468205b2661.PNG

instagramthehome6-3.PNG.ee1438d2e0df433a3a6029c991de49c9.PNG

Oh and her last response to the home6....so I guess we are just suppose to sit on our bum all day. Don't get educated or get a job. Just sit on the couch and trust God to provide.

@Koala  Wow - the little girl that wants to be a vet. How sad she has big dreams and a mother squashing them (are you sure Nicole Naugler didn't post that?)

So the vet (female) we go to has 2 vets in the practice. The hours are: M-W-Th-F: 7am - 5:30pm & Tuesday: 7am - 7pm. Guess what, both vets aren't there that entire time.

My eye doctor is also female and her hours are: Monday: 8:00-5:00, Tuesday: Closed, Wednesday: 8:00-7:00, Thursday: Closed, Friday: 8:00-5:00, Saturday & Sunday: Closed

So Lori, when you read this, these women make their own schedule. They are highly educated and own their own business which allows them to set their own schedule and be there for their children and have successful careers/businesses. 

Yep.  She deleted it, and left up all of her replies.  Guess we can't have anyone pointing out how crazy they all sound.  

Lori's advice that she should "not worry about her future" is laughable.  Lori absolutely married to secure her financial future, and she isn't sitting in a 6 bedroom house because she just doesn't worry and leaves her provisions to God.  They are loaded with money, and I guarantee you that Ken has gone to great pains to ensure himself and Lori a comfortable retirement (he said as much while he was here). 

How is it wrong for that young woman to educate herself, so that she can ensure a stable financial future?  Please....Where is *that* in the Bible?

Someone just got banned from Lori's Instagram...

...and that person is totes okay with her daughter being a vet. Or astronaut. Or whatever she wants to do. :)

@quiversR4hunting Our vet is a middle aged lady, and she has awesome hours as well.  She works from 9-6, closes from noon-1:00 daily, closes at noon on Wednesdays, and only opens for 4 hours every other Saturday.  She also never married or had any children.  Because that happens sometimes.  

That said, even if she did marry, or even if she had children, I think she'd still be a great vet and mom.  

And another very sad thing for the girl who dreams of being a vet: getting into veterinary school is extremely competitive, and assuming she was home-schooled by her nitwit mother, the odds are probably not in her favor. 

Reading about mothers who actively discourage their daughters from being self-sufficient may be the most infuriating thing I've read on the internet today. And, between health care reform, Puerto Rico, North Korea and all derangements Trump happening, that's saying a lot. Here's hoping that young woman ignores her mother and figures out her own path. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived