IGNORED

The Activist Mommy (TAM) 1: Elizabeth Johnston

JermajestyDuggar

45 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

What never ceases to completely blow my mind about the free speech situation is this:

A: Random person speaks mind + Fundie responds = totally fine, that's free speech

B: Fundie speaks mind + random person responds = absolutely not fine, persecution ELEVENTY.

The equation could go a million different ways and yet B is almost never acceptable to the Fundie. 

And then there's the related phenomenon where

A: random person takes up activism for a cause that fundies don't support, like universal health care or racial equality= whining, temper tantrums, "paid protestor," get a job, hippie!, fringe crazies who don't represent the "silent majority"

B: fundie takes up activism to attack abortion, gays, public education, Muslims, etc= just doing her moral duty, defending her values, the voice of common sense

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

And then there's the related phenomenon where

A: random person takes up activism for a cause that fundies don't support, like universal health care or racial equality= whining, temper tantrums, "paid protestor," get a job, hippie!, fringe crazies who don't represent the "silent majority"

B: fundie takes up activism to attack abortion, gays, public education, Muslims, etc= just doing her moral duty, defending her values, the voice of common sense

Yep. Fundies are some of the biggest hypocrites I've ever witnessed. They can do whatever they please in the name of Jesus but if anyone else does it but without using Jesus as justification, they are hippie heathens. 

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yep. Fundies are some of the biggest hypocrites I've ever witnessed. They can do whatever they please in the name of Jesus but if anyone else does it but without using Jesus as justification, they are hippie heathens. 

But what if I say Jesus would be for universal health care.... :my_angel:

7 minutes ago, send*the*ferrets said:

But what if I say Jesus would be for universal health care.... :my_angel:

No he wouldn't be! Go read your bible! :P 

18 hours ago, JMarie said:

Wrong -- she's going to be Ohio's First Lady.  I found this, um, I don't know what to call it.  An entry in his diary?

http://newswithviews.com/Johnston/patrick134.htm

"My first speech as governor of Ohio" (dated August 5, 2011, which was in the first year of John Kasich's governorship).  Chock full of such choice words as sodomy, fornication, innocent blood, bloodguilt, godless, assault, rape, federal tyranny, unlawful hate speech statutes.  You know, uplifting, encouraging words.  Two parts really stuck out:

So now we'll stone people to death or hang them on crosses.

So now everyone has to homeschool, and if you're poor, you're on your own?

Isn't that like Sharia law?  Azure Green had it right:  Fundies truly are fundies no matter whether they worship the Lord or the Goddess (or Allah or.....)

18 hours ago, JMarie said:

Wrong -- she's going to be Ohio's First Lady.  I found this, um, I don't know what to call it.  An entry in his diary?

http://newswithviews.com/Johnston/patrick134.htm

"My first speech as governor of Ohio" (dated August 5, 2011, which was in the first year of John Kasich's governorship).  Chock full of such choice words as sodomy, fornication, innocent blood, bloodguilt, godless, assault, rape, federal tyranny, unlawful hate speech statutes.  You know, uplifting, encouraging words.  Two parts really stuck out:

So now we'll stone people to death or hang them on crosses.

So now everyone has to homeschool, and if you're poor, you're on your own?

Uhh....Ohio is my home, and I've lived here most of my life, but Gov. Johnston would be the trigger that would finally get me to jump ship for greener pastures. 

45 minutes ago, Soulhuntress said:

Isn't that like Sharia law?  Azure Green had it right:  Fundies truly are fundies no matter whether they worship the Lord or the Goddess (or Allah or.....)

Basically it would be like Sharia Law. But then Miss Activist would shout that this country was founded on Christian principles :2wankers:

It scares me that people find her videos from her bus enlightening. Sorry, Mrs. Sad-fundie-posting-from-your-mommy-mobile, but you do NOT speak for "ladies everywhere."

1 hour ago, spork78 said:

It scares me that people find her videos from her bus enlightening. Sorry, Mrs. Sad-fundie-posting-from-your-mommy-mobile, but you do NOT speak for "ladies everywhere."

My guess is that most of her followers aren't actually fundies (although plenty of fundiesprobsbly do follow her). My guess is her main audience is Christian conservatives. And if she started ranting about some of her more extreme fundie beliefs, people would drop her in an instant. And I wouldn't be surprised if she knew it too. She will probably keep her most wild fundie extreme ideas to herself. 

I don't understand why she's so pleased with herself that her child supposedly is against abortion too.

Most children that young will parrot their parents' beliefs, whatever those may be; it's pretty unusual to find a small child with independent political opinions.

I also assume she told her child that abortion is murdering babies, so of course her child is going to be against that without any real understanding of the nuances of the issues involved.

She seems to think this demonstrates some greater point, but... it really doesn't.

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I don't understand why she's so pleased with herself that her child supposedly is against abortion too.

Most children that young will parrot their parents' beliefs, whatever those may be; it's pretty unusual to find a small child with independent political opinions.

I also assume she told her child that abortion is murdering babies, so of course her child is going to be against that without any real understanding of the nuances of the issues involved.

She seems to think this demonstrates some greater point, but... it really doesn't.

Especially when the kids are homeschooled (AKA stuck with Mom all day long)

6 hours ago, JMarie said:

Especially when the kids are homeschooled (AKA stuck with Mom all day long)

And told over and over that if you are prochoice, you'll burn in hell. What child would want to be prochoice then? 

I cant wait until one of her older kids starts having a mind of their own and she loses her mind over it. 

Her comment sections under her posts on fb are just huge echo chambers. She deletes any dissenting opinion and leaves all the postspatting her on the back telling her how amazing she is. 

She is now spreading Muslim hate (not shocked at all) and everyone is giving her high fives as she gets more ego strokes. She's worse than trumpeith her constant need for stroking. And just like Trump, she can't handle people disagreeing with her. She must be a tyrant of a mother. 

On 3/21/2017 at 0:47 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her husband is Patrick Johnston and he is a prolife doctor who believes ectopic pregnancies should be left in god's hands.

:smiley-signs131:

There's not wanting to perform an abortion that isn't medically necessary, and then there's... I can't even. 

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

Of course, kids are going to mimic their parents... and I'm sure something like this would be met with huge positive feedback. What else is a little kid who's only ever heard the opinion that abortion=murder going to do but agree? 

Not to mention, in order for a kid to form independent political opinions they'd need to be genuinely exposed to both sides of an argument and not just a straw man. 

8 minutes ago, December said:

Of course, kids are going to mimic their parents... and I'm sure something like this would be met with huge positive feedback. What else is a little kid who's only ever heard the opinion that abortion=murder going to do but agree? 

And this is why I think so many very young fundie kids get saved at 4/5/6. They don't even understand it but they know they want the positive attention from their parents. And then the fundie parents are shocked when the kids becomes a teen or young adult and actually forms opinions of their own. Just like the Penningtons and the Jeubs. 

Now she wants stories of FB censorship from her readers. 

Lol!!!

I want to post, "I was looking at your comment section the other day and watched as any and all posts that respectfully disagreed with you disappear before my eyes! It was crazy! Why would fb do that?!"

She is officially The Hypocrite Mommy.

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now she wants stories of FB censorship from her readers. 

Lol!!!

I want to post, "I was looking at your comment section the other day and watched as any and all posts that respectfully disagreed with you disappear before my eyes! It was crazy! Why would fb do that?!"

She is officially The Hypocrite Mommy.

She should team up with Lori Alexander.

On second thought, that's a terrifying idea. *shits self*

"Restitution, public flogging, and “an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth” punishments will replace our failed system."

Yeah, about that...

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for an eye, and tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."  Matthew 5:38-39 

Also, versus 43-44 for good measure:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." 

Oh, and I just have to point out (bolding mine):

Elizabeth met her husband Patrick while obtaining her music and education degrees in Florida. 

Who wants to bet that her daughters will have those same kinds of opportunities?

58 minutes ago, PopRox said:

Oh, and I just have to point out (bolding mine):

Who wants to bet that her daughters will have those same kinds of opportunities?

Oh they won't. 

Her oldest daughter does photography (fundie approved SAHD job).

Her second oldest daughter sings (another fundie approved SAHD job).

Then she will expect them to mostly give that up when they get married young and start popping out babies for Christ. 

Now she's kissing the asses of her followers for reporting anyone that disagrees with her on FB. She calls them trolls or harassment but I saw plenty of non harassing non trolls on her page just disagreeing with her and they were deleted. I would assume they were blocked since they aren't commenting anymore. I'm sure that's how she is in real life too. She blocks anyone that doesn't agree with her and lives in her little hateful Christian bubble.

She really loves censoring FB while crying about FB censoring her. It's almost becoming comical.

Really speaks to your "love" when the suggestion that other human beings are your equals is enough to make you boycott. 

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This one made me laugh. We love homosexuals but being homosexuality is wrong! 

WTF? 

IMG_1875.PNG

I'm sure IKEA is weeping salty, salty tears.  Also the nearest IKEA to her is almost a 6-hour drive round trip, so I kind of doubt she went there much anyway.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived