IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

I wanna shop where you do. The best my store can do is early 90's "safe" grunge. But the ultimate for me is Barry White while sauntering down the condiments aisle. :output_eeMbjt:

I think the weirdest for me as Mandy by Barry Manilow as I was looking at bananas. I don't know why it was so funny. The guy who was looking at tomatoes was laughing too so it wasn't just me. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man, I was a wannabe emo kid in the aughts. I loved My Chemical Romance, AFI, and Panic! At The Disco. Oddly enough, I was also a fan of Amanda Palmer and Jason Webley, whom I still adore. Also, anyone watch Repo! The Genetic Opera? That was my LIFE. Now, I listen to pretty much everything. The Rat Pack, trap, dad rock, folk, gypsy-punk, top 40, I like everything.

Back to Ben and Jessa, Flame actually appeared on my Spotify the other day... some other song featured a Christian rapper, and my phone apparently made the jump to Flame. It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't my favorite, either. Still, it made me laugh! :pb_lol:

Seasons in the sun played on a loop for weeks in the Arndale centre (shopping mall) when I was 13.  Saturday afternoons were spent in the wimpy bar making a pot of Tea and a burger last for ever with a group of pals!

I was quite excited to see Terry Jacks star on the pavement in Vancouver! Sad , I know!!:embarrassed:

I'm sitting at our shop and there's a rather large children's birthday party going on, I think they're all from the same church...and one of the children is named...Spurgeon. In other news I somehow sprayed a dad with whipped cream, yikes! I need to go to bed now...

After seeing some of the music choices my fellow FJers have made in their youth all I can say is that I feel a little  better having my Partridge Family album sitting on my shelf next to my collection of Billboard CDs (Best Hits from 1970-1983). Easier to have all those "hits" in one place. 

2 hours ago, snarkopolis said:

After seeing some of the music choices my fellow FJers have made in their youth all I can say is that I feel a little  better having my Partridge Family album sitting on my shelf next to my collection of Billboard CDs (Best Hits from 1970-1983). Easier to have all those "hits" in one place. 

If it makes you feel any better, I was obsessed with the music of The Carpenters as a young teen. I know The Carpenters were popular in their day... but I was born in 1983, so it was a bizarre retro thing for me. I still can't help smiling when I hear their ridiculous saccharine pop music. ;)

I get whines from the Kiddo when his friends "discover" Heart, The Eagles and the Wonder that is Fleetwood Mac. My orange cat, Gabriel, loves Heart soooo much that if I don't sing along to his favorite songs, he bites me. 

1480821327694-2012915761.jpg

33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If it makes you feel any better, I was obsessed with the music of The Carpenters as a young teen. I know The Carpenters were popular in their day... but I was born in 1983, so it was a bizarre retro thing for me. I still can't help smiling when I hear their ridiculous saccharine pop music. ;)

Hahah don't feel bad. During my teen years, I was obsessed with ABBA. :P 

3 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

I'm sitting at our shop and there's a rather large children's birthday party going on, I think they're all from the same church...and one of the children is named...Spurgeon. In other news I somehow sprayed a dad with whipped cream, yikes! I need to go to bed now...

So there is another poor child named Spurgeon in this world?  Look for Ben and Jessa to change their kid's name soon. 

I get whines from the Kiddo when his friends "discover" Heart, The Eagles and the Wonder that is Fleetwood Mac. My orange cat, Gabriel, loves Heart soooo much that if I don't sing along to his favorite songs, he bites me. 
1480821327694-2012915761.jpg

I liked this post just for the fur baby. So adorable.

35 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahah don't feel bad. During my teen years, I was obsessed with ABBA. :P 

Fellow ABBA fan here. To be fair though, they have remained popular - look at the success of the Mamma Mia musical and the ABBA documentaries on TV. My brothers used to mock me, but you don't hear too much these days about Sherbet, their favourite band at the time.  

I think we had good taste ;) 

Hey you can't forget Tiffany off that list!  For me that was about...5th grade. Teenage years was the Crow soundtrack, early Korn, Marilyn Manson, Metallica with traces of Tupac and Dr Dre. Now its show tunes (Rent, Phantom) Disturbed, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, Nothing More, Highly Suspect mixed with 80's rock (think Springsteen and Seger) and Trans-Siberian Orchestra for holiday flavor.

As a middle schooler, I liked Neon Hitch, Kerli, Linkin Park, and some Korn songs. But for the most part, I liked pop music and a lot of the popular music at the time (Kesha, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga). I know some of those artists are still active. Now I indulge in other bands like Civil Twilight and Muse (I found the latter thanks to Stephenie Meyer, believe it or not). I enjoy lots of musicals and being in a high school theatre program introduced me to lots of great shows.

OKay, I guess I'm the only one here who was in love with Andy Gibb.  The only poster I had in my bedroom. When he sang 'I just want to be your everything' I imagined he was singing it to me. 

As a teen I was obsessed with the Backstreet Boys but also the Beatles, Queen, the Doors, black sabbath, ac/dc, iron maiden, motley crue, aerosmith and everything motown, mj, lionel richie, whitney houston, i still loveeee them but i listen current music a lot.

12 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

So there is another poor child named Spurgeon in this world?  Look for Ben and Jessa to change their kid's name soon. 

he was definitely older than jessa's spud...i also heard her call him 'spurgey'...it was so weird to hear

I was a total boy band lover in elementary school, but then I went full-on emo and pop punk in middle school: Linkin Park, Evanescence, Dresden Dolls, My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, Blink-182, Green Day (I had American Idiot on repeat)...now I listen to just about anything that strikes my fancy. Right now I'm pretty into The Weeknd (his new album is good, but House of Balloons/Glass Table Girls is my favorite song ever right now) and Nine Inch Nails -- you'd think those don't really mesh, but I'd kill to hear them collaborate. I also really like The Mountain Goats and The Decemberists.

Growing up in the 80's, I was a real geek. My favorite music to listen to was my Mom's old 45's that she had when she was in high school. Not only did I love Splish Splash, but I enjoyed the flip side, Judy, Judy Don't be Moody, too. I was introduced to Seven Little Girls Sitting in the Backseat, Oh Oh, Falling in Love Again, Bimbombey, and White Bucks and Saddle Shoes as well (songs, not artists.)  It also didn't help that our local radio station played mostly oldies and standards, so I also enjoy big band music, Frank (Sinatra), Nat (King Cole) and Dino (Dean Martin.) As a result, I developed a huge love of the oldies, and scare my friends 10-15 years older when we go into Boardwalk Burgers and I know the music and lyrics to what they play in there better than my friends do. 

My current playlist is heavy on Ingrid Michaelson (I love her latest album), Gaelic Storm, and the Lumineers. 

Micky, Mike, Davy, Peter.. the Monkees!! (Peter is my favorite, still!)

The Beatles, of course, and Paul Revere and the Raiders...

3 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

he was definitely older than jessa's spud...i also heard her call him 'spurgey'...it was so weird to hear

I still can't believe there is another Spurgeon! :o 

On 12/2/2016 at 7:21 PM, evolutionbaby said:

Hey now! He may come from Canada, but the atrocity known as Justin Bieber was definitely Made in America!

Unfortunately my uncle had taught him in Stratford. His best friend played on the Stratford Central Secondary hockey team my uncle coached and Bieber tweeted about it and tons of teeny boppers showed up even from the States. The kid has graduated but my uncle was always trying to connect with him make him take school and hockey seriously. Bieber always flew him down to the States to party on a private jet and it was getting to him.

Thats one of my many 3 Degrees of Canadian Separation stories...

On 12/2/2016 at 5:32 PM, Carm_88 said:

Another comparison picture. The comments are filled with 'You're carrying so much lower this time, it's a girl'. 

Maybe it's just me, but those pics look exactly the same to me. People are ridiculous with guessing the SEX of the baby via how you carry. Do penises make babies float? Why would a boy carry higher? 

18 hours ago, Evangeline said:

What, no Debbie Gibson or NKOTB fans here? :my_biggrin:

Me! Though I liked Tiffany more than Debbie Gibson. But New Kids for sure!!! I had a framed Donnie poster on my wall.

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Micky, Mike, Davy, Peter.. the Monkees!! (Peter is my favorite, still!)

The Beatles, of course, and Paul Revere and the Raiders...

Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky and Mike ... New Edition!!

sorry, couldn't help myself  :giggle:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived