IGNORED

Maulucci Family Missionaries - Maintenance-free children for days

picklepizzas

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like this explains a lot, too. (Scroll down to the end -- JR did some makeovers). 

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?cat=1

But I seriously need to climb out of the rabbit hole.

5 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Looks like dishes being washed in the bath tub? 

But is that something people take pictures of for Facebook? I just feel lost. 

Then again, people take pictures of their feet for Facebook, so dirty dishes on the bathroom floor aren't really all that weird.

3 hours ago, polecat said:

Oh holy heck, this psychopath is from Hyles-Anderson College. 

That tells me everything I need to know about him. 

Those who aren't familiar can google Jack Hyles or Jack Schaap or any of the dozens of "preacher boys" that school has turned out who have raped, assaulted, beaten or molested someone. And then Nathan Leuthold, an IFB missionary who MURDERED his wife, was also a graduate of HAC, unless I'm very much mistaken. (I knew Denise when I was in college. I can't even talk about this topic in a calm, rational way). 

The Rodriguii have mentioned Hyles too,  though I never looked into him.  

53 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Looks like dishes being washed in the bath tub? 

OMG... I just threw up in my mouth a little... Okay, a lot. Gross. 

4 hours ago, polecat said:

Those who aren't familiar can google Jack Hyles or Jack Schaap or any of the dozens of "preacher boys" that school has turned out who have raped, assaulted, beaten or molested someone. And then Nathan Leuthold, an IFB missionary who MURDERED his wife, was also a graduate of HAC, unless I'm very much mistaken. (I knew Denise when I was in college. I can't even talk about this topic in a calm, rational way). 

Well, crap, that explains all the studly humble brag. 

For some insight on where that comes from, here is a link to an article (Jack Schaap Gives the Creepiest Sermon You’ll Ever See, and Maybe the Second-Creepiest) that plumbs the depths of this man's sleaze, and other men affiliated with Hyles-Anderson College and First Baptist Church of Hammond.  

ETA: Cindy Hyles Schaap divorced Jack Schaap in 2014.  Yeah, Cindy is the daughter of Jack Hyles,

who pastored the First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana and had a long-running illicit sexual relationship with his secretary. The evidence against Hyles was overwhelming, yet the church rejected the evidence and Jack Hyles continued to pastor the church until his death in 2001.

Cindy's brother David Hyles,  

youth pastor of First Baptist Church in Hammond, had numerous sexual relationships with women in the church. The church quietly sent him away to pastor another church, not telling the new church about his sexual proclivities, and he continued to have numerous sexual relationships with women in the new church.

Thanks to Bruce Gerencer's blog (The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencer) for the information quoted above. This is the link to Bruce's article about Jack Schaap, but going deep into the Jack Hyles ministry that gave birth to a Jack Schaap and allowed him to flourish.    Bruce, a past IFB pastor who now identifies as an evolving humanist/atheist,  has excellent insight into how this whole thing worked.  He's seen Jack Hyles preach in person numerous times.  According to Bruce, 

Hyles was a narcissist. Most of his stories and illustrations were about his own personal life and exploits. 

Over time, as I became more and more dissatisfied with the IFB movement, I paid closer attention to the substance of Hyles’ sermons. In particular, I focused on the stories that Hyles told. I came to the conclusion that Hyles was a narcissistic liar.

Yes, Cindy Hyles Schaap is the daughter, sister and now ex-wife to (respectively) a long-term adulterer,  a sex addict and a sexual molester currently in prison.  My greatest wish is that she heal from this horrible legacy of dysfunction. 

What a douche-nozzle. :2wankers:

As another poster mentioned, his whole post of his wife is about what she doesn't do. In fact, I'll go further and say the whole thing could be summed up as "she never steps on my toes, damages my incredibly fragile ego, asks me to help, or in any way makes me feel threatened - which pretty much everyone else in the world does."

As for those poor, incidental children.... Well, they are the children of a quiverful fundie family. What else do i have to say?

On September 4, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Funwithfundies said:

" It is written in the Bible so you must agree."

Oh, must I...?

:evil-laugh:

That was the part that really made me shake my head, roll my eyes and rush over here to post that quote!

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Yes, Cindy Hyles Schaap is the daughter, sister and now ex-wife to (respectively) a long-term adulterer,  a sex addict and a sexual molester currently in prison.  My greatest wish is that she heal from this horrible legacy of dysfunction. 

Looks like she at least found some support and love in fundy lite church. Came to the realization that "God likes her" and she enjoys Him. I'd consider that a significant breakthrough having lived her entire life in a cult with one narcissistic asshole or another.

5 hours ago, polecat said:

Isn't L'il PeePee Anderson a drop out from that "school"?

4 minutes ago, Fruitcake said:

Looks like she at least found some support and love in fundy lite church. Came to the realization that "God likes her" and she enjoys Him. I'd consider that a significant breakthrough having lived her entire life in a cult with one narcissistic asshole or another.

That was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.  Yes, she sounds like a woman who found strength to move with grace beyond a horrible experience.   

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

OMG, this is just the tip of the iceberg regarding the abomination that is Jack Hyles' legacy. Even this nasty ass sermon wasn't enough to get this pervert out of the pulpit, because in the IFB, the man-o-gawd is to be worshipped. Quite a rabbit hole if you want to pursue it.

Indeed. Followed it to its conclusion about a year ago before discovering FJ. His own daughter will tell you everything you need to know in her TEDx talk. Sick stuff.

Brava, Linda for your courage!

*comes up for air* wow, there's a lot down this Hyles/Schaap rabbit hole! How have I never come across him before? 

@Howl thanks for linking to Bruce Gerenscer's blog, that is a fascinating corner of the Internet. Poor guy gets morons trying to reconvert him in the comments of every article though. 

He makes me feel sad. There's already so much hatred and contempt in the world, and this man has managed to get churches to give him money so he can go spread more contempt and loathing.

People who are genuinely concerned for others don't spend time talking about feeling sorry for them on the internet in snarky and rude ways. Not-so-carefully hidden in his blog are big clues as to how he feels about anyone who isn't him. Someone who is striving to be Christ-like doesn't communicate with Maulucci's hateful, condescending words.

He feels bad for people who watch chick flicks (what?). I feel bad for those he duped into sending a missionary who so publicly makes a mockery of Christ's example of love, inclusion, support, and deep relationships.

@picklepizzas, thank you so much for telling us about this new family. I've worked my way through most of the blog now, except for the awful 'poetry' which in my opinion is self indulgent twaddle. I especially disliked the poems written for the two miscarried babies, It seemed in very bad taste to publish them on a blog, especially with supporting photos of children who obviously are alive and appear to be unrelated to the family. I agree with everything said already and particularly looked for references to the two girls, but they are presumably even more 'incidental' than the boys and are hardly ever mentioned. The comments on posts are very fawning, they seem to be from people who know the family, maybe from the churches who support them. 

All they appear to do for mission work, is to distribute thousands of bibles, apart from that it seems to be sight seeing and eating out!!

11 hours ago, Howl said:

Cindy's brother David Hyles,  

Come to think of it, Dave Hyles was suspected of murder for a while there, too.

After his divorced from Paula his wife of 10 years he married Brenda Stevens, accused of abusing her 15-month old son Brent who was found dead at his crib. They later welcomed a son Jack David Hyles who died at age 5 when Brenda ran him over with her car, at the time she said the boy had fallen out of the car and it was impossible not to ran him over.

http://fandaily.info/news/jennie-nischik-first-baptist-church-of-hammond-jack-hyles-mistress-photos/

These are some bad, bad people. 

More on Hyles and the scandals that followed him through life:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Hyles

My sister attended HAC while Hyles was still alive. He'd visit the women's dorms after curfew, and the pajama'd young women would -- not even sure how to describe it -- basically fawn on him like he was a rock star. He'd sometimes take busloads of them out to the mall and buy them new clothes. COLLEGE WOMEN who were attending his school. Sometimes he'd take them (and I mean a huge group of them) out on a bus to get dinner or ice cream or something. 

15 hours ago, SoybeanQueen said:

He makes me feel sad. There's already so much hatred and contempt in the world, and this man has managed to get churches to give him money so he can go spread more contempt and loathing.

People who are genuinely concerned for others don't spend time talking about feeling sorry for them on the internet in snarky and rude ways. Not-so-carefully hidden in his blog are big clues as to how he feels about anyone who isn't him. Someone who is striving to be Christ-like doesn't communicate with Maulucci's hateful, condescending words.

He feels bad for people who watch chick flicks (what?). I feel bad for those he duped into sending a missionary who so publicly makes a mockery of Christ's example of love, inclusion, support, and deep relationships.

.......aww come on, you are just a sour faced school marm! He is cool and relatable........for the young people. You really need to lighten up and laugh a little!

He is just being an asshole for Jesus. I am sure he doesn't want to bore us or sound fake and arrogant with his deeply spiritual ways.

You touched on what I was thinking. I guess his churches lap it up.

On September 4, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Coy Koi said:

Ew, all his bragging about his wild sex life is just so creepy and gross. Reminds me of that slimeball Mark Driscoll. How can these fundie men not realize that just makes them sound like immature, insecure losers who still can't get over the fact that someone is willing to bone them? And of course I have no idea if their sex lives are actually good or not, but the bragging sure does nothing to convince me.

Ew? You are so uptight and prudish. Sex sells, sex is cool, young people love sex. 

We are rebranding Christianity. The only difference between me and you godless heathans is that you are all burning in hell for eternity, and I am going to heaven. And that I am an ass hole. I'm a manly asshole. God doesn't care if I am a shitty asshole, cuz I am saved and there are only a handful of people in the world as holy as myself.

Fuck moral character, and high standards! I'm a Christian!

9 hours ago, polecat said:

My sister attended HAC while Hyles was still alive. He'd visit the women's dorms after curfew, and the pajama'd young women would -- not even sure how to describe it -- basically fawn on him like he was a rock star. He'd sometimes take busloads of them out to the mall and buy them new clothes. COLLEGE WOMEN who were attending his school. Sometimes he'd take them (and I mean a huge group of them) out on a bus to get dinner or ice cream or something. 

This is very Gothard-like.  

11 hours ago, polecat said:

Come to think of it, Dave Hyles was suspected of murder for a while there, too.

http://fandaily.info/news/jennie-nischik-first-baptist-church-of-hammond-jack-hyles-mistress-photos/

These are some bad, bad people. 

More on Hyles and the scandals that followed him through life:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Hyles

I am trying to picture my 18 yo daughter fawning over some creeper like a rockstar and enthusiastically boarding a bus for ice cream. Nope. I'm not that imaginative. She might take the clothes. Wierdo.

I don't really get this guy. He's got a lot of criticism for what everyone else is doing wrong, but I don't see much in the way of concrete solutions. I don't get why he thinks he has room to judge other missionaries for raising money when his whole family lives (apparently exclusively?) on church support too. I don't see any appreciable difference between him and what he's calling out. 

He says a lot about what he's against in terms of missions, but I still have no clue what he's for, or what he actually does with his time.

On 9/3/2016 at 9:09 AM, CTRLZero said:

He has a page about the churches of Buffalo, which he says is his family's greatest support base.  He lists reasons he appreciates these churches, including this:

NONE OF THEM HAD A TROPHY WIFE WHO HOBNOBBED WHILE THE PASTOR DEALT WITH US

So...what is this all about?!?

I find this a very strange criticism, because it sounds like the pastor's wife was actually following the fundie helpmeet expectations perfectly. Her husband was busy with the Maulucci family, so she engaged in social interactions with other members of the congregation so they would not feel ignored while their pastor was otherwise occupied. You can demean it by calling it "hobnobbing" if you want, but the bottom line is that a huge part of pastoral care is making parishioners feel included and welcomed... and to do so, taking the time to talk to them is pretty critical. 

It's extremely self-centered of him to assume that everyone should immediately drop everything to fawn over him and his brood. The pastor apparently had the situation under control, so why would they require the wife's full attention also? This poor woman is a "trophy wife" because she didn't completely ignore everyone else while the saintly Mauluccis graced the church with their presence? 

She was doing exactly what he says she was supposed to, and he's still insulting her in very crass terms. Women can't win in this no matter what they do.

10 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

.......aww come on, you are just a sour faced school marm! He is cool and relatable........for the young people. You really need to lighten up and laugh a little!

LOL! I guess I do. The interesting thing is that I'm prone to shenanigans and outbursts of laughter. That this person's writing made me feel sad is unusual for me. While it's probably entirely true that teens and young adults raised on a steady diet of keeping sweet find his scorn for others refreshing, I don't have much time for people who mistake nastiness for humor.

1 hour ago, SoybeanQueen said:

LOL! I guess I do. The interesting thing is that I'm prone to shenanigans and outbursts of laughter. That this person's writing made me feel sad is unusual for me. While it's probably entirely true that teens and young adults raised on a steady diet of keeping sweet find his scorn for others refreshing, I don't have much time for people who mistake nastiness for humor.

I'm pretty sure Grimalkin was being sarcastic! Your reaction was on point :-)

"NONE OF THEM HAD A TROPHY WIFE WHO HOBNOBBED WHILE THE PASTOR DEALT WITH US"

@CTRLZero So...what is this all about?!?

Let me translate:  I have a dick.  An attractive woman did not fawn over me or otherwise plump my ego by simpering along about the wonderfulness of my manly mission and was not sufficiently submissive to me, me, me, me, me, me.    

Archived