IGNORED

Maxhell- Summer with the Maxwells Pt 3

samurai_sarah

8 hours ago, molecule said:

Same here--although if it's the guy in the picture with John and Jesse, he looks a little young for Sarah. I wondered if it might be for Anna.

I agree. Sarah's done. If she marries at all (which I doubt) it'll be to a much older widower. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, molecule said:

Same here--although if it's the guy in the picture with John and Jesse, he looks a little young for Sarah. I wondered if it might be for Anna.

Anna's smile does seem pretty genuine in these pictures, doesn't it?

I always imagined Mary to be the first (and probably only) female Maxwell to get married... but wondering if Anna has a courtship in her near future now?

8 hours ago, kpmom said:

You might be right.  Jesse seems to be a hit with the ladies in the game picture.

Can Steve pray that PM Trudeau becomes my boyfriend?  He's gorgeous!

Lol, he's a married man with 3 kids! His parents split, I'd like to think he doesn't want to continue that cycle. But maybe reflecting on that, Steve can remember that Teri married HIM, even though he came from a broken home. So, a future in-law CAN be one whose parents have? Something to think about.

On August 20, 2016 at 6:49 PM, MissManners said:

what on earth do they even really need to prepare? Throw some frumpers and a pair of hiking boots into a tote bag, maybe some sunblock and a few protein bars? Are they still traveling on Uriah (or whatever they named it after it got mocked). I know they shiver at the thought of eating anything other than their own few recipes so maybe they made some burritos for the road or took them out of the deep freeze?

I can't think of how they couldn't be ready for this trip in about 2-3 hours max. They've taken just this one not a vacation every year for years. Surely, it couldn't be that complicated. No fancy going out clothes, no specialized equipment etc... It's not like they are going for that long either. How on earth do they extend every little chore into taking 10 times as long? I packed for a 2 week trip to Europe that included a wedding and bringing crafted stuff for the wedding (and supplies to finish the stuff) plus I have a physical therapy routine that requires equipment. Got packed in 2 hours and I packed for my husband as well in that time. Heck I even managed to organize my work stuff in that 2 hours b/c I had to work remotely in order to stay caught up at the office. 

No, they sold Uriah a couple of years ago. In fact I've been meaning to politely suggest that the fast facts section about the Maxwells be corrected to read " Uriah was their bus."I 

And daggggggnabbit, I want to invite Poor Sarah and Ellie to come live here.  Got an extra  suite where they can find out what it's like to have a little place of their own. She can try some photography classes and join any of the several dog-lovers' meet-ups where perfectly nice and imperfect and kind people get together to share dog stories and advice and find a friend or two.

They can stay as long or as briefly as they like. I just love the thought of them getting a little quiet time away from the same 7-22 faces they see all day, every day. 

Oh -- I'd be happy to spring for any exotic [sic] dinners out they might like to try. Thai, Ethiopian, Sicilian, Brazilian, Szechuan … got 'em all here. 

I'm usually happy to have no middle name, except when my dad says it ought to be 'Difficult'.

On 23/08/2016 at 0:36 PM, uber frau said:

Fundamentalism: verbing nouns since 1611.

Verbing weirds language.

On 8/22/2016 at 9:21 PM, Burpies said:

I don't get the whole 't shirt under the tank top' thing. If a t shirt makes a tank top modest enough to wear, why isn't a t shirt by itself modest enough? I get tank tops are normal summer wear, but if you're wearing at shirt underneath I would think the t shirt alone would be sufficient, and cooler. Why even bother with the tank top?

The algorithms of modesty are too complex for the likes of us simpletons to understand.  They are deeply rooted in the intricacies of the KJV Bible, which you need to have read and re-read many, many times in order to absorb and apply the principles.

On 8/20/2016 at 1:28 PM, Jana814 said:

Unless its Steve's birthday then everything stops & they focus on him. 

And this is different from the other 364 days of the year how?

On 8/23/2016 at 9:58 AM, bluelady said:

I agree. Sarah's done. If she marries at all (which I doubt) it'll be to a much older widower. 

In that case, would Christopher refuse to do the photography?

17 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

And this is different from the other 364 days of the year how?

In that case, would Christopher refuse to do the photography?

I just checked his wedding photography criteria and it looks like he removed that particular requirement:

General Criteria:

No alcohol

No dancing

Modest attire for bride and bridesmaids

http://www.christophermaxwell.com/wedding-information.htm

I can see why he loosened up. I can't imagine too many people are rushing to book the man who makes every wedding look like a funeral.

12 minutes ago, alba said:

Did Christopher refuse to do second marriages or something?

Yes. It originally said something like first wedding for bride and groom. 

13 minutes ago, alba said:

Did Christopher refuse to do second marriages or something?

IIRC, one of his requirements was that it be a first marriage for the couple.  Which culls out a lot of potential customers right off the bat.

Ah, okay, thanks @Jana814 and @nokidsmom

Considering Maxwellian grammar and general isolation, it wouldn't surprise me if he was talking about divorce and didn't even realise that it meant he couldn't take photos of widows/widowers' second marriage.

44 minutes ago, alba said:

@Jana814@nokidsmomConsidering Maxwellian grammar and general isolation, it wouldn't surprise me if he was talking about divorce and didn't even realise that it meant he couldn't take photos of widows/widowers' second marriage.

Which may explain why he removed that stipulation. (hint to Chris: That wasn't necessarily what was causing you to not get bookings. Try removing your portfolio.)

I remain surprised that he doesn't require a Certificate of Virginity from the bride (do Doctors still even provide those?)

ETA: Oh, never mind. No need to involve a doctor now that we have the internet. http://certifiedvirgin.com/

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I just checked his wedding photography criteria and it looks like he removed that particular requirement:

General Criteria:

No alcohol

No dancing

Modest attire for bride and bridesmaids

http://www.christophermaxwell.com/wedding-information.htm

I can see why he loosened up. I can't imagine too many people are rushing to book the man who makes every wedding look like a funeral.

He doesn't specify a preferred number of brides or grooms.

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Burpies said:

Damn it, now I won't be able to sleep tonight! Thanks Sarah! 

Need to finish my post.  Jesus, the fact that she will be in CO on her birthday amd

Amd? Amd? THE SUSPENSE, IT'S KILLING ME!

In other news: They hiked along the Continental Divide on August 23rd. On Monday morning they hiked along the Colorado trail- Ellie's first hike! Jesse worked patiently with Ellie on her "hiking manners". What the fuck are those?? Mary has the shortest skirt on, you can definitely see a bit of leg. Anna's isn't much longer. Sarah is wearing the same sort of denim skirt she always does, as is Teri. The verse is Isaiah 55:12. I remember singing a version of it in primary school. Hills singing? Trees clapping their hands? Sounds like some trippy shit to me...

A) The background looks lovely. I could do with a Colorado hike about now. Preferably no where near the Maxwells.

2) Where's John in this latest set of pics?

My  thoughts 8 s that the Maxwells own that cabin and rent it out when they want to. Didn't tTeri and Steve use it back in May?

If there is a courtship it is definitely for John. No way Steve will let a girl go off to Colorado; even if he does go there once a year, that is not enough to keep his reach of control intact. John will bring a girl to the compound so a distant state is fine for the boys. Even if there were a tiny possibility of one of the girls courting, it will be a boy from Leavenworth, KS so they settle within Steve's reach.

12 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Jesse worked patiently with Ellie on her "hiking manners". What the fuck are those??

What some would call loose leash walking?  Sarah probably hasn't walked poor Ellie since the dog attack so she's pulling on the leash.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

If there is a courtship it is definitely for John. No way Steve will let a girl go off to Colorado; even if he does go there once a year, that is not enough to keep his reach of control intact. John will bring a girl to the compound so a distant state is fine for the boys. Even if there were a tiny possibility of one of the girls courting, it will be a boy from Leavenworth, KS so they settle within Steve's reach.

Exactly. Isn't NR Anna's family from Washington state? IIRC Melanie was more local, no idea where Elissa was based. 

@Palimpsest: who knows. It could just be one of those things that are never explained, like the Rules of Hiking mentioned in Colorado with the Moodys. Or the pizza-cutter-to-slice-lettuce tip.

If a Maxhell son IS courting, how long do you think they'll wait to announce it this time? They didn't say a word about Joseph and Elissa until they'd already married, so perhaps this time we'll find out when the wife gets pregnant?

48 minutes ago, alba said:

If a Maxhell son IS courting, how long do you think they'll wait to announce it this time? They didn't say a word about Joseph and Elissa until they'd already married, so perhaps this time we'll find out when the wife gets pregnant?

Yeah, I'm beginning to think they'll never announce any future engagements again. :my_sad:

Joseph and his runaway bride ruined it for us.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived