IGNORED

Maxhell- Summer with the Maxwells Pt 3

samurai_sarah

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so interesting to read through! It also reminds me that while I often get caught up on the impact of fundyism on the girls, the 2gen boys are really victims as well. poor joe. he wasn't just born thinking he should treat his future wife that way - talking to her father more than her, no time to get to know her, not really consulting her about her future house - he was coached to act that way by his very controlling parents. he probably had no idea he how inconsiderate and disrespectful he was being, or how uncomfortable the speed of the engagement might be making his young bride - he thought he was doing what was right and biblical bc his parents brainwashed him into believing he was doing right by elisabeth. and then he was basically dumped at the alter, which i'm sure was heartbreaking and confusing, particularly if he had no idea what he did wrong. 

Can you believe it? The Maxwells have been blogging for 10 years! 10 years! I didn't even know about them 10 years ago, but sometimes looking at the oldest posts, well, it IS inspiring. It's just too bad Steve got stuck in "duct-taping-his-children's hearts". Poor Steve.

They look way to happy to be vacuuming a van and John's truck...are the men to manly to clean their own vehicles or is it an accountability thing as well? 

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

They look way to happy to be vacuuming a van and John's truck...are the men to manly to clean their own vehicles or is it an accountability thing as well? 

Goofy Anna and Scary Mary need to tell John to clean his own fucking truck!

43 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Hahaha I've never felt the urge or cleaned any of my brothers cars, what a mess. I bet it's an accountability thing though in a way like how when you still lived at home and your parents "cleaned" your room...nothing was touched, but yet everything was...

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

15 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

Hahaha I've never felt the urge or cleaned any of my brothers cars, what a mess. I bet it's an accountability thing though in a way like how when you still lived at home and your parents "cleaned" your room...nothing was touched, but yet everything was...

Ha, when you said an accountability thing, I thought you meant the male Maxwells might be tempted to use the vacuum on more than just their vehicles! 

58 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Ha, when you said an accountability thing, I thought you meant the male Maxwells might be tempted to use the vacuum on more than just their vehicles! 

Ha! They may, Lord knows they have zero privacy to be normal...

Ten years of the Maxwell blog!! I know we snark on the dullness, but really quite a lot has happened. The short life of Susannah, two weddings, nine babies (ten if we include Susannah), a broken relationship, the cessation of 30 years of homeschooling, the ending of the Moody books, publication of several (shitty) self help books, the acquisition of a dog, the whole Life of Uriah saga, numerous 14ers, the change from frumpers to t-shirts and skirts, he building of the current Maxwell house, numerous DIY/gardening posts and infinite posts on boring-as-fuck daily events.

Phew.

4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Ten years of the Maxwell blog!! I know we snark on the dullness, but really quite a lot has happened. The short life of Susannah, two weddings, nine babies (ten if we include Susannah), a broken relationship, the cessation of 30 years of homeschooling, the ending of the Moody books, publication of several (shitty) self help books, the acquisition of a dog, the whole Life of Uriah saga, numerous 14ers, the change from frumpers to t-shirts and skirts, he building of the current Maxwell house, numerous DIY/gardening posts and infinite posts on boring-as-fuck daily events.

Phew.

Dont Forget the grafuation of the five revetsals and the passing of three grandparents, one got got acknowledged a year afyer the fact.  God I hate my phone!

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I can't with that! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! #evilgenius

22 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I can'ofwith that! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! #evilgeni us

I always thought Anna'a smile was goofy and Mary has wierd eyes si Im calling them that from now on.  Will think og of names for the others later.

12 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

If Anna or Mary noticed anything questionable in John's truck (or whatever vehicle Jesse drives)  they can mention it to Steve and they can be brainwashed back into line.

22 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Bless you for posting this link and allowing me to re-live the gloriousness of Johnhugh's epic rickroll in the comments! :pb_lol:

I've just spent the last two hours reading through the whole thread and the song lyric comments were glorious! That rickroll will keep me smiling for days! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I've been following a story in the news this week. It's a family of five, in Australia. Media has questioned if they're suffering from a folie a deux. It's very interesting. I have linked it, but I recommend a bit of Google, too. I'm not able to find one well-written, comprehensive article yet.

The two parents are in their early 50s. They have a farm, and their three adult children work on the farm 7 days a week. The family appears to be quite insular. Anyway, early last week they left their phones (all but 1), credit cards, and passports at the home, and went on a "technology-free road trip". Family members began to flee over a couple of days, leaving Dad, Mark, on his own with his delusions. When they found Mark, last night, and I read about it this morning, I immediately thought of the Maxwell family. I could see Steve really losing it, and something like this happening. 

I don't want to derail the thread, but I wasn't sure I should start a new one. It's an interesting rabbit hole. 

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

I've been following a story in the news this week. It's a family of five, in Australia. Media has questioned if they're suffering from a folie a deux. It's very interesting. I have linked it, but I recommend a bit of Google, too. I'm not able to find one well-written, comprehensive article yet.

The two parents are in their early 50s. They have a farm, and their three adult children work on the farm 7 days a week. The family appears to be quite insular. Anyway, early last week they left their phones (all but 1), credit cards, and passports at the home, and went on a "technology-free road trip". Family members began to flee over a couple of days, leaving Dad, Mark, on his own with his delusions. When they found Mark, last night, and I read about it this morning, I immediately thought of the Maxwell family. I could see Steve really losing it, and something like this happening. 

I don't want to derail the thread, but I wasn't sure I should start a new one. It's an interesting rabbit hole. 

:fubar:

I've only had a chance to read that article you linked to but BLIMEY!!!!!!! There's all sorts of craziness going on! Paranoia and theft! Seems like the son Mitchell might be the one having his shit together a little more out of all of them. It's weird though how they splintered off and split with each other- especially given how they had no way of getting in touch with each other and seemingly few resources.

It would definitely worth starting a new thread  I think as it'd be interesting to see how it all pans out. Doubt they have a blog though or anything to follow like that.

1 minute ago, FrumperedCat said:

:fubar:

I've only had a chance to read that article you linked to but BLIMEY!!!!!!! There's all sorts of craziness going on! Paranoia and theft! Seems like the son Mitchell might be the one having his shit together a little more out of all of them. It's weird though how they splintered off and split with each other- especially given how they had no way of getting in touch with each other and seemingly few resources.

It would definitely worth starting a new thread  I think as it'd be interesting to see how it all pans out. Doubt they have a blog though or anything to follow like that.

They don't appear to be fundies at this point. Also, I can't imagine the Maxwell kidults stealing cars. But the overall situation with the paranoia and everything, totally made me think of them! I can imagine Steve going into some craziness about Jesus coming back, and getting Terri wrapped up in it, then the rest of them. 

You should read more news stories if you get a chance. The conditions they found the daughters in are so bizarre. It's definitely a captivating (and very sad) situation, based on the what has been released so far. 

11 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

They don't appear to be fundies at this point. Also, I can't imagine the Maxwell kidults stealing cars. But the overall situation with the paranoia and everything, totally made me think of them! I can imagine Steve going into some craziness about Jesus coming back, and getting Terri wrapped up in it, then the rest of them. 

You should read more news stories if you get a chance. The conditions they found the daughters in are so bizarre. It's definitely a captivating (and very sad) situation, based on the what has been released so far. 

I've just done a bit more reading on it and it seems like just like the Maxwell's they're close-knit. The one saving grace of the Tromps' though seems to be that the son and daughters figured out what was going on and got out of there! With the Maxwell's I worry that if Steve and Teri went so would they all as Sarah and co. have been raised to be lacking in the critical thinking skills. It's also quite scary about how they mentioned the breakdown was due to a build up of tension in their everyday lives. Nothing out of the ordinary appeared to have occurred and that's definitely how we all seem to imagine Steve losing it.

Yes they mentioned one of the daughters was catatonic. I wonder what could have gone on for her to have split from her younger sister in that state. All appears to be okay with the younger one too so it just really confuses me as to what went on. What a mystery!

Definitely not fundie though - could you imagine Steve giving the cameras the bird? :pb_lol: And definitely like you mentioned- the Maxwell's would never even dream of stealing a car...unless it's the lords way of providing...?

Sarah shared a picture of Elissa playing tag in a boat on the pond. And she made sure to clarify that the baby was with dad & mom, napping. Because, no mother should ever be seen without a kid on her hip lest someone think she isn't godly enough. 

When you need to explain where the kid is, on a vacation with family relatives you might be boring as hell, have no experience to come up with anything else to say and/or Sarah Maxwell. 

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Sarah shared a picture of Elissa playing tag in a boat on the pond. And she made sure to clarify that the baby was with dad & mom, napping. Because, no mother should ever be seen without a kid on her hip lest someone think she isn't godly enough. 

When you need to explain where the kid is, on a vacation with family relatives you might be boring as hell, have no experience to come up with anything else to say and/or Sarah Maxwell. 

Interesting that there was just mention of no pictures of Elissa and suddenly one pops up. 

With the lack of mention of the Joseph Maxwells on the blog, at least compared to the other married brothers, I'm holding out hope that Elissa is putting her foot down on what is shared about her family on the internet and Joe is listening. 

6 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

Has anyone looked at John's reviews for his real estate job? If he lived in my area I would definitely use him. http://m.trulia.com/profile/john-maxwell-agent-lansing-ks-zgn0gw17/

I'm impressed with that review. I was looking @ one of the houses that was listed under him. This goes to show how different areas are. A house that the one he has listed could easily be 5 times that in my area. 

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

Has anyone looked at John's reviews for his real estate job? If he lived in my area I would definitely use him. http://m.trulia.com/profile/john-maxwell-agent-lansing-ks-zgn0gw17/

Meh. I wouldn't want to hire someone to sell a home who still lives with mommy & daddy. There are plenty of real estate agents who will go to the mat for their buyers/sellers. 

36 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Meh. I wouldn't want to hire someone to sell a home who still lives with mommy & daddy. There are plenty of real estate agents who will go to the mat for their buyers/sellers. 

I would be uncomfortable buying a house with an agent who homeschools their children.  Since one of the questions someone might ask how are the schools in the area. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived