IGNORED

Maxhell- Summer with the Maxwells Pt 3

samurai_sarah

27 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Now, wouldn't those make unforgettable lectures from the Maxwells?  Maybe they could resurrect their dog and pony show, with a new bus, of course.

Well, Burning Man will start on August 28th... that might be an interesting opportunity to kick off Uriah 2.0 :D.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They spent the day at Daniels Park. I am looking at Daniels Park from my deck right now. Oh so close...

Colorado's legal weed hasn't kept them away and there are pockets of hippie culture all around the state. 

I don't get the whole 't shirt under the tank top' thing. If a t shirt makes a tank top modest enough to wear, why isn't a t shirt by itself modest enough? I get tank tops are normal summer wear, but if you're wearing at shirt underneath I would think the t shirt alone would be sufficient, and cooler. Why even bother with the tank top?

Maybe the tshirt is thin and slightly see-through. I know i have to layer to keep from defrauding the men folk with my bra outline

4 hours ago, Anny Nym said:

Well, Burning Man will start on August 28th... that might be an interesting opportunity to kick off Uriah 2.0 :D.

A trip to Burning Man could get Sarah back to writing, I'm thinking of  titles, "Blessings at Burning Man" or "We Thought God Wanted Us to Hike, But We Ended Up Getting Stoned Instead".

I don't know about you, but John is defrauding me in those latest photos.

Also - fellowship is a verb now?

12 hours ago, kpmom said:

They did travel to not-so-scary Canada, does that count? :my_smile:

Remember how Uriah got stuck on one of the roads in Canada and they had to break the road up to get him out?

Were they banned from Canada after that?

maybe Canada banned them just because they're the Maxwells.  they'd let Ellie in, though.  and the little kids.

I think it's as much a fashion choice as a matter of modesty. Plain t-shirts and button down shirts get boring pretty quickly. The girls want to wear a cute (or, at least, a not so boring) top and the only way they can get away with wearing it is to  make sure they're also wearing appropriate underwear.
I do the equivalent when I wear leggings or tights under a short dress. It's not that I particularly like wearing tights but my legs are too long/skirt is too short and I dont want to be flashing my undies at the traffic.

13 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Also - fellowship is a verb now?

It always has been in Fundyville.

Fundamentalism: verbing nouns since 1611.

So, they seem pretty cozy with these friends in Colorado. Wonder who's getting matched up?

Nathan and Christopher's families usually join the extended family at some point of the yearly 'vacation'. Do you think Joe & Elissa will go? Has Elissa been on a Colorado trip?

33 minutes ago, catlady said:

maybe Canada banned them just because they're the Maxwells.  they'd let Ellie in, though.  and the little kids.

Last time they went to Canada, they commented on how many young people were there without their parents. Though they also commented on a lot of immigration stories. That kind of clashes with their views, right? (even though they just called it "unusual") So, likely no Canadians have invited them back. We don't tell them not to come back; we're too polite, lol. We just let the lack of follow-up speak for itself.

Hey Steve, if you're reading this, I dare you to send Prime Minister Justin Trudeau a letter/email asking him what he needs prayer for.

Hold up. Hold up. Mary is barefoot in her birthday post. One thing I've noticed about the Maxwell girls is that, unlike the Duggars and Bateseseseses, they never wear flip flops or sandals (not noticed them anyway). 

Oh wait. I scrolled further down and someone is in flip flops in the photo with Ellie in the car. Think it might've been Anna. But they don't seem to be anywhere near as ubiquitous as with the Duggars and Bateseseseses.

15 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

So, they seem pretty cozy with these friends in Colorado. Wonder who's getting matched up?

John, I reckon. The boy there looks too young, and more significantly - lives too far away.

As ridiculous as Steve's analogues can be.  I can generally parse some kind of meaning out of Stevie's Seriously Corners, but this one is over the top confusing. Can anyone tell me what he is trying to say?? 

WALK-INS WELCOME

This was posted on August 10, 2016 by Steve Maxwell.

At first glance, it sounds very inviting and maybe even too good to be true. For businesses where appointments are the norm, however, “walk-ins welcome” causes one to wonder why the appointments are not filled. Maybe a new doctor, hygienist, barber, or mechanic has come on board and needs to fill up his schedule. Possible, but perhaps lack of attention to existing customers or poor business practices has driven customers away. 

Over the years, I have observed some husbands “advertising” in a similar way due to marriage problems. They might just as well be wearing a sign “Walk-ins Welcome.” Sadly, all-to-often there seems to be some woman desperate enough to “walk-in” when she should avoid the guy like the plague. 

If your marriage is in trouble, first look at what might be broken with yourself. Seek the Lord’s light to shine and expose and then by His grace fix it. Divorce, like abortion, is seen as a quick fix, but it only “breaks” lives. My dad and mom divorced when I was in my early teens, and it broke my heart and ruined their lives. 

Brothers will come alongside of you to help, but whatever you do, don’t choose easy–choose good.   

“Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.” (Malachi 2:14) 

Steve

That's just a big old bowl of word salad.  I wish google had a fundie to English translator.

*sigh* i saw this topic was hot and rushed over to see the exciting news...I should have known better. nothing exciting ever happens in maxhell. 

So he's still bearing a grudge over his parents' divorce.  Aren't they both dead now? 

23 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

So he's still bearing a grudge over his parents' divorce.  Aren't they both dead now? 

Yes, and they seem to have had decent, happy lives after their divorce. His biological father, in particular, sounds to have lived a very fullfilling and active life. 

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

I'll eat my hat if there's not a courtship in the works here. 

Was wondering that myself when I saw the mystery guy sitting beside Sarah during game hour.

Was wondering that myself when I saw the mystery guy sitting beside Sarah during game hour.

Same here--although if it's the guy in the picture with John and Jesse, he looks a little young for Sarah. I wondered if it might be for Anna.

I think it's as much a fashion choice as a matter of modesty. Plain t-shirts and button down shirts get boring pretty quickly. The girls want to wear a cute (or, at least, a not so boring) top and the only way they can get away with wearing it is to  make sure they're also wearing appropriate underwear.
I do the equivalent when I wear leggings or tights under a short dress. It's not that I particularly like wearing tights but my legs are too long/skirt is too short and I dont want to be flashing my undies at the traffic.

It always has been in Fundyville.

Fundamentalism: verbing nouns since 1611.

Second that. I see a lot of conservative Jewish/Muslim girls around here where cute tanks over a longer sleeved white shirt. That allows them to not have to totally limit their wardrobe.

I used to do this in high school with a tank or short sleeved t-shirt that provided more coverage if I wanted to wear a more revealing tank top.

6 hours ago, molecule said:

Same here--although if it's the guy in the picture with John and Jesse, he looks a little young for Sarah. I wondered if it might be for Anna.

i bet it's for one of the boys. the girls seem destined to never leave steve's orbit. 

11 hours ago, delilahdog11 said:

I have observed some husbands “advertising” in a similar way due to marriage problems. They might just as well be wearing a sign “Walk-ins Welcome.” Sadly, all-to-often there seems to be some woman desperate enough to “walk-in” when she should avoid the guy like the plague. 

How dare you judge others, Steve? You don't know anyone's life to be speaking like that.

Send the Maxwells to Baltimore. There's enough sin in Charm City to keep them busy for a LONG time.

39 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

i bet it's for one of the boys. the girls seem destined to never leave steve's orbit. 

You might be right.  Jesse seems to be a hit with the ladies in the game picture.

11 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Hey Steve, if you're reading this, I dare you to send Prime Minister Justin Trudeau a letter/email asking him what he needs prayer for.

Can Steve pray that PM Trudeau becomes my boyfriend?  He's gorgeous!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived