IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 16

samurai_sarah

This thread about all-day sickness along with some friends complaining on Facebook about getting up 20 times a night to pee while pregnant is making me feel relieved about my choice to be a cat lady instead of having human kittens.  But I am very happy for all the expecting moms out there. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/27/2016 at 5:31 AM, MatthewDuggar said:

I'm not sure when this was taken, but why does Derrick always seem to be in costume or something?

13147339_933032356816020_511351042590532

Jill looks Pregnant, and Izzy looks 200% Over the whole thing. Like "Yeah I know my parents are idots ,Can I be a normal Toddler Pweese?"

OK, so Derick looks a little strange, but at least he doesn't look like a Duggar. I was disappointed to see his hair and beard trimmed a little in Jill's birthday pics.Rebellion is good.

I snort laughed at that photo, he totally looks like he is playing a character.  He does look stoned.  I could totally understand Satan building a stoner palace in his heart because I'd need to be stoned to get through a night with his inlaws too.

14 hours ago, nst said:

My best friend - who had 4 kids - ended up in the hospital with her last three because of throwing up endlessly -

and now they are all HAPPY healthy kids 

The same friend has recently had her gallbladder out and I'm interested to see, if she has more babies, if that makes any difference. I mean I know all pregnancies are different, etc, but I guess it's possible that some of her issues were being exacerbated by the gallbladder problems.

That picture makes me think they're filming again. The photo album looks like one of those props they use to gush nostalgia for the cameras. Sure, it could be just an album, but these people have never struck me as particularly sentimental among themselves unless they're getting paid for it. 

18 minutes ago, lascuba said:

That picture makes me think they're filming again. The photo album looks like one of those props they use to gush nostalgia for the cameras. Sure, it could be just an album, but these people have never struck me as particularly sentimental among themselves unless they're getting paid for it. 

Along with the individuality and feelings, they trained sentimentally out too.

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

If I remember right, that photo is from when the family was down there filming Spurgeon and Israel's first time meeting. Or I might be just REALLY hoping it is

I can't remember where but I believe I read a description of the Duggar home church group (at least while it was being held in the warehouse) where the person said that although occasionally children would be removed from the service to quiet down, for the most part the kids were all present at the service and expected to listen/participate (depending on age and stuff). I think the person said that was on purpose, that they believed in like child focused ministry or yadda yadda (though that could have been another source/description).

Wrong thread! Sorry y'all something weird happened to my laptop. Carry on without me.

On 5/27/2016 at 2:31 AM, MatthewDuggar said:

I'm not sure when this was taken, but why does Derrick always seem to be in costume or something?

13147339_933032356816020_511351042590532

Sheesh. Who does he think he is now, Crocodile Fundee? :pb_lol:

8 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Sheesh. Who does he think he is now, Crocodile Fundee? :pb_lol:

Ok, who is gonna clean the tea off my desk?  Crocodile Fundee! LMAO!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:41 PM, VelociRapture said:

Hyperemesis Gravidarium. Luckily I don't have that. Not sure what the qualifications would be. I got sick five times Wednesday and over fifteen times yesterday. I think they only give that diagnosis if you're seriously dehydrated from all the vomiting and unable to keep any food down - which I wasn't seriously in trouble there. My urine had indicators that my body was in early starvation mode, but luckily that was the only test that came back with a small red flag.

I seriously sympathize with Duchess Catherine and anyone who has experienced Hyperemesis Gravidarium though. I was completely miserable yesterday - I can barely imagine how bad someone diagnosed with it must feel!

Aw thanks! He's a real sweetie. His parents did an excellent job raising him. :pb_biggrin:

When I was pregnant with my 2nd (and last) kiddo, I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarium. Spent from 20 weeks forward on IV nutrition because I couldn't even keep water down...almost died several times, and along with the puking came 9/10 pain that was only sort of tolerable on insane doses of narcotics)... it sucked, really bad...but there was an end in sight!

Then I had the baby (who, after everyone being so concerned about her size, wound up being over a pound heavier than her brother who had a pregnancy with zero issues... she was/is totally hhealthy despite that and me being on every single drug you can imagine while pregnant) and it didn't go away... She's 7 now... Still off and on IV nutrition. Not awesome! Don't mean to scare you lol.... congrats on the baby!!

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:07 AM, kjmackin said:

I just want to give a little advice with Zofran. It can be a godsend when it help to curve vomiting but the side effects can be hellish. I have a health problem that when it flares up leaves me with vomiting at all hours of the day with multiple reenactments of the exorcist in a day. Due to the side effects of Zofran I ended up in the hospital after three days on it. I just wanted to warn you and hopefully it doesn't have any reverse effects.

I hate Zofran. Doctors act like its the golden ticket to solve anything nausea related... its never done a darn thing fr me other than give me a headache.

Phenergan works well (but makes people VERY tired for the first few weeks of taking it). Compazine is similar. Hydroxyzine. Benadryl... all antihistamines of one kind or another.  The reality is there are a TON of medications that work for nausea and are safe in pregnant women  - they just cant officially say that until more studies are published. Theres no reason to be miserable all the time when there are so many options out there

Man, this makes me feel soooo  lucky I never even barfed during either pregnancy (although I was hospitalized multi times for high BP...). Phenergan is good, I did get some for some nausea after my c-section, but man, it makes your mouth dry.

@VelociRapture i meant congratulations on the pregnancy not the extreme nausea. I know this is nothing like being pregnant but I just recently had my gallbladder out and I threw up multiple times daily for about 14-15 months so I relate somewhat (I'm sure it's nothing like what your going through) and I'm sure you'll be better monitored and nourished. I list 30lbs and was severely malnourished when all was said and done. It was miserable. I hope this doesn't last your entire pregnancy :good vibes it was just random and will end soon:

Nausea and vomiting with both girls, husband was not sympathetic and I am still to forgive him for that.  I could not keep pregnancy secret in the first trimester because of it, hard to keep a secret when you are constantly running to the toilet or sluice in pan room.

long complicated labour with number 1 , less than 40 minuets with number 2.  Give me the long complicated one any time.

Ginger helped in a huge way.

Not that any Gothardite would ever actually serve in the military. They prefer to build their own "Christian militia" down in Big Sandy.

On 5/28/2016 at 10:28 PM, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

This thread about all-day sickness along with some friends complaining on Facebook about getting up 20 times a night to pee while pregnant is making me feel relieved about my choice to be a cat lady instead of having human kittens.  But I am very happy for all the expecting moms out there. 

Oh yes! I had my boys at 29 weeks, but by that point I was up every single hour over night to pee. I know people who have delivered twins at 40 weeks, I cannot imagine what that is like AT ALL. Seriously, some people carry two 7 pound babies!!! WTF.

Well, tomorrow is June. So I would expect J/Der getting ready for their re-entry into non-dangerous Arkansas.

Since it's possible J/A are occupying the pool house, I wonder where they are going to live. And how soon a new pregnancy will be announced, Zika notwithstanding. I suppose JB has been looking for a place for them since he's such a clever real estate barren and all. I suppose Derrick could go back to Walmart & grovel to get his old job back, or he could look for something on his own. JB could hire him to keep the books but he prob. doesn't want Derrick to know how much $$$ he's got socked away.

Do we know for sure that they are home for good? I thought they made the big announcement in February or so that they had joined the team of HolyMissioncationers in scary CA for awhile. Does anybody remember/know/hear from them, lol.   

6 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Well, tomorrow is June. So I would expect J/Der getting ready for their re-entry into non-dangerous Arkansas.

Since it's possible J/A are occupying the pool house, I wonder where they are going to live. And how soon a new pregnancy will be announced, Zika notwithstanding. I suppose JB has been looking for a place for them since he's such a clever real estate barren and all. I suppose Derrick could go back to Walmart & grovel to get his old job back, or he could look for something on his own. JB could hire him to keep the books but he prob. doesn't want Derrick to know how much $$$ he's got socked away.

Did they sell the big J/Der house?

Do you think Derick is going to read the new CDC guidelines on Zika that just came out?

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/wr/mm6512e3.htm?s_cid=mm6512e3_w

"Men who have traveled to or reside in an area with active Zika virus transmission and their pregnant sex partners should consistently and correctly use condoms during sex (i.e., vaginal intercourse, anal intercourse, or fellatio) or abstain from sex for the duration of the pregnancy...

Couples in which a man traveled to an area with active Zika virus transmission but did not develop symptoms of Zika virus disease should consider using condoms or abstaining from sex for at least 8 weeks after departure from the area.

Couples in which a man resides in an area with active Zika virus transmission but has not developed symptoms of Zika virus disease might consider using condoms or abstaining from sex while active transmission persists..."

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived