IGNORED

Harry Potter Book 8 - The cursed child

caszandra

How awesome! I just started up the series again a few days ago so quiet a pleasant surprise! I figured she would break and revisit the series again.

Although I am excited that it is going to make it easier accessible to people, I have to admit I'm a tad annoyed as I have tickets to go see the play in October 2016. Its the trip of a life time for us (literally the first and last time we will ever go to London) so I had to make sure to get it in. I know everyone cant afford to do that though (we barely can!) so I know its the right thing to do to publish the book.

It does feel a tad like a cash cow to me though in the same way it makes it feel accessible though.

@Lamoria, very jealous that you are going to see the play,  I hope you have a great time in London, it really is a great city to visit.

Harry Potter has so many fans that I can't see how she wouldn't end up releasing it as a book, maybe it would have been fairer to wait until after the play had finished.

Just now, caszandra said:

@Lamoria, very jealous that you are going to see the play,  I hope you have a great time in London, it really is a great city to visit.

Harry Potter has so many fans that I can't see how she wouldn't end up releasing it as a book, maybe it would have been fairer to wait until after the play had finished.

Yeah, your right- I should have expected the book. The play would have to run for like 100 years to accommodate all fans! (Maybe more!)

I agree, but I suppose "life isn't fair" I think it is a little strange to use the medium of a play for the next part of the story with so many fans around the world, but I'm hoping that will make more sense to me as we learn more about the play. I guess releasing the script will suffice for those who don't get to see it!

(Sorry, I sort of rambled there, butttttt I'm going to post it!)

And thank you! I've never been to London before, but it's always been my dream to go, so we're going for our Honeymoon. We're doing a week in London and then we're going on a cruise for another week. It's literally my dream vacation! We're going to see Stonehenge as well- I think that might even be higher on my list then the play though I know my fiancee isn't thrilled on that one. I would love to see Ireland and Scotland at some point, not this trip, but maybe if I can ever convince my fiancee to get on a plane ever again)

I had to wait in a queue of around 25,000 people on the pre release for the tickets- I was shocked when they were still available! I should have converted the pounds to the dollar before I bought them, ended up spending around $400...  oops :pb_redface:

@Lamoria I'm seeing it as well! How did you get tickets so early? I couldn't get tickets until next year, and figured I might as well wait until winter is over to see if  I'm waiting anyway so I can have longer days with better weather to enjoy England.

I kind of feel the same. Come on, wait until after I see it! Haha. Though it seems he script is being released, which wouldn't be as descriptive as a book.

But now it's like I have to read it and spoil the play otherwise risk some asshole spoiling it for me.

I missed signing up for prerelease tickets by a day. As you can tell by my username, NOT TOO HAPPY ABOUT THAT

Just now, HarryPotterFan said:

@lamoria I'm seeing it as well! How did you get tickets so early? I couldn't get tickets until next year, and figured I might as well wait until winter is over to see if  I'm waiting anyway so I can have longer days with better weather to enjoy England.

I kind of feel the same. Come on, wait until after I see it! Haha. Though it seems he script is being released, which wouldn't be as descriptive as a book.

But now it's like I have to read it and spoil the play otherwise risk some asshole spoiling it for me.

They had a presale thing that I had to register for, they sent you a special link that became active before the regular sale went out. I got on the second the link became active and was still number 25,000 in line :my_dodgy:  I ended up getting really lucky, we have a split performance on the same day, but I figured that isn't the end of the world. I want to see how long between each play so I could maybe make a dinner reservation if there is enough time.

I literally know next to nothing about the weather in October in London, but we had this cruise booked previously from a deal we had got, we're getting married October 15th 2016, and then we were going to wait a week and go on the cruise, but we decided to spend it in London instead (yay!) I hope it won't be terrible. I think it said it would be in the 50s F ish.

@Lamoria,  now I'm even more jealous that you are going to Stonehenge, even though I live in the UK I've never been.  Congratulations on your upcoming marriage, hope you both have a wonderful honeymoon.  You should try and get to Scotland and Ireland if you can, I might be a tiny bit biased about Scotland but it really is a truly wonderful country with such beauty, history and culture.

Just now, caszandra said:

@Lamoria,  now I'm even more jealous that you are going to Stonehenge, even though I live in the UK I've never been.  Congratulations on your upcoming marriage, hope you both have a wonderful honeymoon.  You should try and get to Scotland and Ireland if you can, I might be a tiny bit biased about Scotland but it really is a truly wonderful country with such beauty, history and culture.

Thank you! I agree I would literally love to go see Scotland. I don't think we'll have enough time on this visit, but I'm hoping he is willing to fly again (he *hates* flying, I had to beg for this one!)

Plus, I'll admit, in my stupid American way, I fantasize that Scotland is the show Outlander just running around everywhere. (Ok, I'm not that stupid! That would probably be even more of a dream vacation though if it existed!)

I'm so regretting not going until May 2017. But I'm going with my parents (that way I can get them to pay! Mwahahaha and my dad brought up the weather concern. So I guess I can't complain too much). The general public tickets sold out within minutes. It's insane. Then one night I couldn't sleep and decided to sadly go on to the site to see if they magically released more tickets and didn't tell anyone - and that's exactly what happened.

I still can't believe I of all people missed out on signing up for the pre sale. I think I'm seeing the two parts the same day.

I really hope I get to go to Scotland while I'm there!!! I went to Ireland a few years ago, it was gorgeous. I love castles and the history. I'm also dying to go to the cafe where JK Rowling wrote the first book. My parents love Outlander, so I could convince them we can see the locations where it's filmed...

@HarryPotterFan  I'm sorry! It's really lucky your going with your parents and they will pay for everything! :my_biggrin:  The cost of a wedding plus a week in London I am not looking forward to the drain on our bank account.... but I'll deal. We're saving now! When I saw what the dollars to pounds conversion was on the tickets, I freaked out a bit!

3 minutes ago, Lamoria said:

Plus, I'll admit, in my stupid American way, I fantasize that Scotland is the show Outlander just running around everywhere. (Ok, I'm not that stupid! That would probably be even more of a dream vacation though if it existed!)

I haven't seen Outlander but if it has men running around in Kilts with swords you can find plenty of that with re-enactments all over Scotland lol.   

@caszandra Lol, yeah that is basically it- this girl goes back in time, falls in love with a highlander, things happen. Here is the cover of the DVD case. The actor that plays Jamie (the male lead) I'm pretty sure is from Scotland.

Edit: It was a book before a TV series!

outlander-the-story-continues-key-art.th

3 minutes ago, caszandra said:

I haven't seen Outlander but if it has men running around in Kilts with swords you can find plenty of that with re-enactments all over Scotland lol.   

One of my friends is part Scottish and I can see him running around America doing that.

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

One of my friends is part Scottish and I can see him running around America doing that.

You know, you're totally right.

9 minutes ago, Lamoria said:

@caszandra Lol, yeah that is basically it- this girl goes back in time, falls in love with a highlander, things happen. Here is the cover of the DVD case. The actor that plays Jamie (the male lead) I'm pretty sure is from Scotland.

The actor is Scottish, but what I find more amusing is that the actress who plays Claire is actually Irish, and speaks some Irish Gaelic, while the Scottish actor who plays Jamie had no background and had to take Gaelic pronunciation lessons.

7 minutes ago, Lamoria said:

The actor that plays Jamie (the male lead) I'm pretty sure is from Scotland.

He is, he comes from Dumfriesshire which is the opposite end of the country from the Highlands 

9 minutes ago, caszandra said:

When we were in Edinburgh in 2003, we were going up to Edinburgh Castle and saw a guy dressed like Mel Gibson in Braveheart, all the way down to the blue makeup.  It was great!  At least one of my daughters got a picture with him.

2 minutes ago, caszandra said:

He is, he comes from Dumfriesshire which is the opposite end of the country from the Highlands 

Much cooler then Rockford... all we have is *maybe* Josh Duggar in RU rehab* :my_biggrin: and lots and lots of crime!

*Edit: This is not even something cool to claim!

Just now, PennySycamore said:

When we were in Edinburgh in 2003, we were going up to Edinburgh Castle and saw a guy dressed like Mel Gibson in Braveheart, all the way down to the blue makeup.  It was great!  At least one of my daughters got a picture with him.

Was in Edinburgh visiting family in 2013. The Braveheart impersonators are still everywhere.

7 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I love walking up the Royal Mile to the castle when I visit Edinburgh, the street performers are fantastic.

18 minutes ago, withaj said:

I don't like that uphill walk much, but then again, I prefer wandering around Holyroodhouse to visiting the Castle anyway.

I have a physical condition that makes walking sore for me, by love walking up the Royal Mile I mean stopping very frequently at the pubs on the way lol and the walk downhill is always much easier!

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

My birthday is 31 July. 

Best

Birthday

Present

EVER

I was going to say the same things. BEST BIRTHDAY EVEEER!!!!!:cool:

Archived